Hero Animation on Zoom in Version 19- AND during Raid defense - random, slow roll out, what is the deal?

So I used the magnifying glass on Elena today (from her hero card) and noticed she animates. I then went and looked for other heroes who also do this and found a pretty random collection of heroes: Horghall, Justice, Lianna, Domitia, Chao, Merlin, Boril, Scarlett, Skittleskull, and Brienne. These are just out of the heroes I own, so there are almost certainly more.

I am almost positive they didn’t use to animate like this… Am I going crazy or is this something new?

7 Likes

This is new. Good find! Flipping through some of my heros I found the following:

Animated: Joon, Vivica Domitia, Lianna, Kril, Boril, Chao, Brienne
Not animated: Marjana, Isaraia, Sabina, Tibertus, Li Xiu, Cyprian, Melendor, Leonidas,

I’m guessing these are the heros that were animated for the emblem quests.

2 Likes

What do they do? Mine dont seem any different

Joon kind of looks like he’s doing a pelvic thrust or squat. The others do their own thing.

It’s the same style of animations that appear during cutscenes.

1 Like

Is this after newest update that devs just rolled out?

Probly bein screwed with but oh well lol

Can’t find any :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mine are doing nothing or I’m looking at the wrong thing. I only see an animated background and the sparkle effect when you drag your finger across the screen

2 Likes

It might be with the new update. I’m currently running 19.0.0

2 Likes

I’m on 18.1 and there doesn’t seem to be an iOS update out there.

1 Like

QFT. This is actually a very non-random list when considering the Class Trial bosses.

@Rigs @Olmor @Hcmitchellr I don’t see this in Version 18, so I assume it will be updated in Version 19 that started its slow rollout earlier today.

Great find, @beave!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m on version 19 as well.

The trial quest hypothesis makes sense, but was Merlin part of one of the cutscenes? I hadn’t noticed any event heroes in them, but he’s animating as well.

2 Likes

No, and from 🦸 Memento Heroes Classes and Class Trial Quests - #2 by Mariamne there aren’t any event heroes as bosses.

But he is a boss in the Knights Challenge Event. Do you see animations for any other event heroes?

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought of that right as I posted, lol.

Perhaps it will eventually include all event heroes, too, since they also have cutscenes in the events. Though right now Merlin is the only event hero I see that animates (I have Peters, Hansel, Gretel, Gafar, Buddy, and Jack O’Hare).

Would someone with another Avalon hero see if they also animate?

1 Like

Chao has probably the best animation, because of his posture and that nice eagle that moves his wings.

4 Likes

King Arthur, Sir Lancelot, Guardian Panther, and Guardian Falcon do not animate.

1 Like

I haven’t got the 19.0 update yet; I’m still on 18.1.0, and I don’t see it on any of the heroes I checked (Mitsuko, Domitia, and Boril)

They do have the animated colorburst behind them which slowly spins, and if I tap on the screen I get stars appearing, but that is exactly how I always remember it.

Certainly animation is not on version 18.1.0 , looking forward to the v.19.

1 Like

8 Likes

I got newest version but mine do nothing at all :sob:

Athena and Zeline also started flapping their wings after this update.