Hero advices for beginner

Wu Kong and Rigard, no question.

You’ve done well choosing Sonya and Melendor, they’ll stay with you right through the game.

For the longest time, my top single Titan hit used Brienne and Melia (Fish Girl!) as part of the lineup; it might have been a 2, 1, 1, 1 or a 3, 1, 1 lineup? Since then, I got a Wu after 1 year of play and haven’t looked back (not often anyway!)

similar question, can I tag on here?

I’ve been playing for about a week and I’m stuck on province 14. I have been playing with a rainbow team but my strongest green hero is a 3star trainer hero. I just pulled grimm (already have boril I have been leveling) should I make my attack team with both boril and grimm and try to level them both?

My other 3 in team are hawk moon, bane, and layla

You would be better concentrating on 3* right now. 4* take longer to max and will slow you down waiting for that. You can stack two 3* to replace the green trainer, which more than doubles the effectiveness of the stacked colour at the cost of getting 1-point hits for green.

1 Like

thanks for the reply! the only other 3 star I have (besides bane and hawkmoon) is gunnar, so you think instead of focusing on grimm or boril I should be leveling him?

I also have like 200 gems, my plan is to save until the elemental summon turns green so I can pull a 3* or better green hero to replace the trainer

You can also replay stages to gain experience and items, it’s referred to as farming and everyone does it. Do that yo gain strength and progress slowly. There is no “finishing” this game.

2 Likes

Honestly, you’ll be better off saving your gems for Atlantis or Valhalla. It cost a bit more but the season 2 and 3 heroes are stronger and you will eventually have a training camp to produce season 1 heroes.

2 Likes

Finish Gato .
Do bjorn and Berden .
They are good or excelent three stars .

By the time if you got all the materials you can max your first 4*.

I would priority a healer to make your teams sturdier for quests or wu Kong who would make your titan score increase … This will bring you more materials .

Summarizing focus on finish your three star , finish some 4 star if you get the mats but never touch a 5* star at least you already have a bunch of 4* stars maxed (15 or more)

2 Likes

I’m trying to remember back to when I first started (two years ago!). Gunnar is a great support hero with his spirit link but you need hitters to go with him. You’re currently using Hawkmoon, Bane, Layla, Kiril, Green Trainer? Substituting Gunnar for the trainer leaves only two heroes doing damage.

Who else do you have in 2*? Or keep working on Kiril and wait for a green.

1 Like

Yea exactly I was thinking grimm so I would have 3 hitters. I have a bunch of 2*, I’ve been cycling through and feeding them to level the 3s and 4s. for green I have brogan jenneh and needler.

boril rather than kiril but yeah pretty much. I’ve been leveling boril but my last 2 EHTs got me grimm and gunnar. so now 3/5 of my 3* or better are blue

Ah sorry, the other of Durin’s folk.

Boril is actually decent on attack with his riposte, and makes a really good 4* tank for defense. Keep him in the middle for attacking so heroes both sides of him get riposte as well. Gunnar and Boril don’t work well together as Gunnar’s spirit link greatly reduces the effectiveness of the riposte.

1 Like

I agree.

The map is not important right now.

I often run season 1. province 5- stage 8 (1.5-8), and 1.7-7 for days at a time.

Click for beginner advice

Includes important section on basic color stacking.

Until Stronghold 21, Watchtower and 1x Training camp level 20 are very important.

FIN

This post will also help finding good information and player guides.

2 Likes

I seem to recall my first Bold Tusk; I waited for 8 months (more!!) waiting for that elusive last hidden blade and at that stage I had all of 4 or 5 x 4*. It was dreadful and I thought that I would never assemble anything worth playing with. Fortunately things accelerated somewhat and now 5 days is pretty standard for speed levelling a 4*. :smile:

I got a HOTM after playing for 2-3 months. I was so excited I immediately started leveling him. 3 months later I got a second and ditto. That slowed me down considerably – it took me about 9 months to finally max the first. Meanwhile, my 3* and 4* stagnated in green and purple because of that. Oddly enough, I am strongest in 4* in red, the colour it took the longest to get a 5* in.

So I always stress do not level higher star heroes until you are ready with a good set of the ones below.

3 Likes

I mostly agree with the others’ responses. Here are my comments:

Purple:
First priority is Rigard. He’s useful in the map, war, raids, against titans, tourneys, and events.
You’ve invested a lot in Cyprian, so he’s a distant second. He appears to be in your defense team, so level him up, too. In the mean time, cross your fingers for another four-star hero. You may be waiting on ascension materials, in which case the picture is less clear. You have a second Rigard and Sabina, both of whom are good choices. I also like Gill-Ra since she is useful in bloody battle tourneys (though, she has some haters). I’ve not used Bjorn, so not sure about him though others in this thread have; I defer to them. I will say, Oberon is your last priority.

Yellow:
First priority is Wu Kong. He’s a must for titans.
I’m not a fan of Hu Tao, due to his speed, so I have the same “cross fingers” advice for yellow. They’re both at 3.60, so you likely need ascension materials for them, too. In that case, you have no option but Kalani? Cross your fingers and your toes?

You didn’t ask about the other elements, but I’ll offer some unsolicited advice and recommend Sonya and Grimm ahead of Boril and maybe ahead of Gato despite your investment in him so far. (Others in this thread feel differently, and make good points. Gato’s special is useful and as a three-star, he’ll consume fewer materials to max. Boril’s reposte is particularly effective against teams featuring one or more hit-them-all heroes, but he’s too pasive for my taste, but that’s an opinion.)

I’d also invest in Berden and/or Mnesseus ahead of Skittleskull.

You seem to be lacking materials for Grazul, so invest in Boldtusk ahead of Kelile. Boldtusk will be useful for a long time (as will Kiril who appears to be waiting on materials, but as soon as you get them, he’s a contender as your next blue).

Good luck.

3 Likes

Cyprian is excellent in any PvE team, I think. So, I will max Cyprian immidiately after Rigard, if OP do not have maxed Boril.

Agree.

Do not agree for Sonya. Grimm maybe, if OP does not have a def down hero, but I will definitely max Boril, because it seems than OP have also Boldtusk, Wu Kong, Kiril and Rigard. But definitely max first Sonya, she requires some love. Costumed Sonya is good war center, I think.

3 4* healers, riposter and Wu - deadly team for all events, quests and Atlantis (to get those Proteus and Wilbur).

2 Likes

Most people use their world energy to “farm”. They play easier levels over and over in order to get recruits to train in your training camps and for items that you will need for crafting battle items. Once you have 3 heroes of every color, you will find that completing those levels will be much easier.

1 Like

Thank you all for great replies!
I made quite a good progress on events, s2 and s3 map :smiley:
It’s time for another round of ascends. And I wonder - should I keep part of mats in hope for some lucky pulls?

Here is my hero roster:

Mats:

My long term goal is to be able to finish legendary part of challenge events ( mats and coins :heart_eyes: )
I think that my priorities should be:
Blue - Grimm;
Yellow - no idea - Hu Tao is ready, but that slow skill… maybe Chao it Li Xiu?
Purple - not sure about Cyprian;
Red - Kelile or cross fingers for another one?
Green - Caedmon is almost ready, but what about LJ? I heard that he is worth embleming…

As you already have good fundation on healers, i would focus on hitters. Grimm, Kalie and Caedmon are no brainers. On yellow i much more prefer Liu xiu but Chao will be decent too. When it comes to purple, Sabina is miles ahead over Cyprian in long term usefulness, but noseless riposte could be tremendous help on epic and legendary events. As i said earlier you dont really need more healers for now. You already have a nice roster, the only thing required is time to develop it.