Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

We play E&P. We have no more hope.

17 Likes

@Dandcoug’s post got merged.

4 Likes

Also no sleep while AR farming, so no more dreams, either.

12 Likes

Ahh thanks. I thought that might be the case but I sort of remember there being an indication when a post had been merged. Guess not.

2 Likes

Do they still planning on Hero Academy?

From what I’ve heard from Small Giant Staff — yes, but it’s been delayed.

I presume that Path of Valor is at least part of the reason for that delay.

3 Likes

Nooo… :sob:

I want to sacrifice my 2nd Thoth in the Academy…

2 Likes

Let’s hope that it turns out there’s even a use for duplicate heroes…

6 Likes

They did confirm it was delayed? I thought that was speculation. Sad. :confused: If there’s no hope for using duplicates in a meaningful way… well, that’s what it is… but this waiting and hoping is… ugh. Either crush our dreams or don’t, SG… I don’t want something half finished, I do want them to take their time to make it right… but even a basic version in beta would be nice, to see where their heads are at.

Or maybe another AMA?? Any plans for one with Tim?

2 Likes

There isn’t an AMA with Tim planned at the moment, but I did ask if it’s possible to get a sneak peek of Hero Academy ahead of it coming to Beta, based on this comment from Tim during the AMA:

5 Likes

Tried but dozed off a few times and lost all my ham and iron from my WT.

1 Like

Hoping for a chance to trade in BOTH my worthless Mok-Arrs for ANYTHING ELSE!

3 Likes

They’re using Hero Academy as a sort of hostage.

• Hunter Lodge is meh, let’s hope for Hero Academy
  • Raid Tournament loot is a joke, let’s hope for hero Academy
  • Costumes are expensive, let’s hope for Hero Academy
  • Alchemy Lab is bad, let’s hope for Hero Academy.

And so on…
As long as they don’t release that, they can use it as “hope” to finally have some F2P justice.

And they better do it extraordinary F2P when it comes out, because more time we wait more our expectations increase. At least for me.

I’m not satisfied anymore with something just “good”.
Now i want something incredible, because they just do as they pleased for anything else + makes us waiting ages.

In any kind of work if you delay something important, your company pay for that.

I will start a personal crusade for that, you can be sure of that.

18 Likes

5* Battle items

I am puzzled why Titanium shield is better than Invisibility potion but Titan shield is cheaper to make.

I feel 5* Battle items are a missed opportunity since 1* to 4* Battle items tend to effect all allies and all enemies but 5* Battle items are limited to 5x per battle and target a single enemy or a single ally.

Advanced Buildings

I think the biggest mistake Devs made was limiting Advanced Building to Level 10.

The more Advanced Buildings releases, I think Advanced Buildings should go to Level

Advanced Training Camps

Instead of Hero Academy, I would prefer five new Advanced Training Camps, one for each color.

8 Likes

Actually this is the best decision devs made in this game. With the initial loot, the game would have been totally ruined by now. 100 emblems every week for 12k players? That would be a joke. There are already too many ways to get emblems. It’s not even a year since introducing these emblems and I already saw team +18. The loot for tournaments it is exactly as it should be. It is a weekly bonus anyway.

For one, I could blame anything else in this game, but not this. Besides, no one sees the irony. If the loot had been since begining like this, wouldn’t have been any rant about. The people was glad in the beginning for a new feature and for a new loot opportunity, that’s all.

11 Likes

So how many flat 5* are you having to carry?

110 flat 5* here.

I’ll have a weird emptiness kind of like immediately after end of rising if these flats get used in HA.

2 Likes

I think most people assume that hero academy will provide a way to make duplicate heroes useful. If that’s the case then I’d think it would benefit big spenders more than FTP players.

I disagree. Depends on what heroes are available as prizes. The whales have a lot of 5’s to turn in, but they also already have most of the ones they want, so the pool of desirable heroes is smaller. Will they dump the gems on that small of a chance? (Because converting a 5 star WILL take some gems). The guy with 30 1/1 tc20 Heroes on his bench will have a much larger pool of desirable heroes to draw. Also, these aren’t likely to be 48 hour trainings. Maybe 1 a week? I think the ones going after this will be the f2p and c2p, not the whales.

13 Likes

It does depend on the prizes because if it’s only vanilla 5* then neither the whale nor the FTP with 30 vanilla dupes would benefit. Only people who would be happy with any 5* would benefit.

I do think the guy with 5 Margaret’s or Mok-arrs will receive a better reward than the guys with 5 Thorne’s or Obakans if the rewards are actually decent.

And do I think that the whale would spend gems( it’s what they’re known for) to convert duplicate heroes they wont use into better ones? I absolutely do. They might already have most of the heroes they want but now they can have more. Again this is assuming the rewards are worth it.

And if you think that spending gems will discourage a whale from using the hero academy then I dont see how you could think that a ftp or c2p player would be looking forward to it. Again this is assuming there will even be a gem fee.

It’s fun to speculate but I would say we’re making too many assumptions at this point.

2 Likes

Gotta agree with @Elpis, any delays to Hero Academy (assuming it’s even useful!) in favour of sidetracked features are a real bummer especially if the currently tested Valor quest rewards for FTP are going to be substantially worse than those received by premium paying players.

You can carry the flag and I’ll bang the drums, how about that?

Maybe @JonahTheBard can come up with a rousing anthem

Update: The rebellion’s headquarters are here: The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

5 Likes