Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

I ended up eating a chunk of 4* for the time being.

At 266 / 290 now

1 Like

Helps a tad but I’m down to indeible 5*, 4*, 3*

Only disposables i have left:

106 5*
150+(lost exact count) trainers

2 Likes

How I imagine Rigs house…:thinking:

11 Likes

Pfft. You know he wouldn’t have that many pairs of shoes… think of the gems.

2 Likes

Yeah I plan to now I got 11 4*s but some dupes still come in handy in wars like bane Gunnar and Balthazar…as for Melia and muggy in gonna eat thier dupes

Couldn’t possibly read all 648 previous messages but if not already stated I’d say with a high chance the Hero Academy will be very much like that in Mythwars and Puzzles. The copy of this game. They very much mirror each other now so it would only make sense. If it is, then you’d trade (“retire”) 4* and 5* heroes for talent emblems. I’d hope to also see this expanded to 3*s as well if they want to do it better.

1 Like

I don’t have the storage capacity of Rigs or zephyr, but FWIW I recently decided to trim my roster (more to facilitate leveling heroes via having more space for feeders).

• I fed away all three stars that aren’t maxed already.
  • I few away all S1 four stars that I’m not currently leveling / who are not already maxed.
  • I kept a few event and S2 four stars that are unleveled since they’re not numerous and harder to obtain.
  • I kept all five stars that aren’t maxed since they are few, hard to obtain, and would presumably have more value in any version of the HA.
7 Likes

Already been stated several times and my answer has always been the same: That would be the opposite of F2P friendly as it would enable P2W players to directly buy basically any amount of emblems by summoning heroes.

The hope for F2P and C2P is that HA gives them a better chance at getting heroes currently locked behind the paywall. If SGG wants to be better than that copycat game, they would mame HA really F2P-friendly as they stated last year.

4 Likes

The dev stated during AMA session that the final levels of HA will be same rarity conversion. No word about the earlier level.

2 Likes

Where can i read the entire ama somewhere? Is there more information about the HA?

1 Like

How big is your roster space?

Don’t have the game open this instant, but it’s about 164 I think. I have purchased some additional space via gems, in addition to whatever I’ve gotten from leveling up.

That AMA was one of the best moments in this game. It hyped up a lot of hope that never truly realized though. I don’t put much trust in any AMA after that now unfortunately.

6 Likes

It wasn’t always like this, which makes this progression intrinsically sad. The balance E&P had with progression for F2P and C2P was the most impressive I have ever seen. Since Zynga acquired them, however, monetization has become the primary focus. E&P used to be set apart from other gachas out there but now its in the same line of repeated events and ever increasing goal lines that just can’t be kept up by most. Season three is going to destroy everything we have known up until now. I genuinely expect an exodus of players over this next year.

I dunno. I’m (very) Cheap 2 Play. I’m cautiously optimistic when any new thing comes out. I will wait and see on Season 3 as well. :wink:

4 Likes

My wish is that Season 3 was its own “zone” completely, where everyone starts at 0…you can’t bring any of what you have to it, but people are free to buy more.

Tiered Wars would also be great, so 3*-only (or 4*-limited) alliances could form and fight each other on a relatively even field.

My point being, they could use game design to provide fun for all levels while still allowing whales to compete with their wallets, if they chose to use game design to provide fun rather than spreadsheets to generate profit.

5 Likes

SG, everyone would like a little info here. Care to respond?

(Crickets chirpping)

Interesting. You know, a lot of people are less than impressed with your last few features…would you like to address these concerns?

(A cold breeze can be heard blowing thru dead tree limbs)

OK, fine. But you do realize that this isn’t making things better, right?

(An earthworm on the other side of the yard just passed gas. That was actually kinda loud)

Yep, I thought so.

11 Likes

I feel like this would lead to some of the whales bailing.

This seems like a fun idea! Might be tricky to implement, but it would add another angle similar to the Raid Tourneys.

I kind of feel like they’ve already been doing this? I mean, Raid Tournaments are a thing, and the challenge events have the three tiers already…

4 Likes

I rather like the idea. Honestly, I wish they’d run concurrent Tiered raid tourneys, of 2* through 5* with rewards scaled according to tier and each player deciding which tier they want to compete in, so that the newbies who don’t have a full Raid Tourney Team of 3*s can still have a shot at decent rewards, and whales can beat each other up, and the rest of us can compete at a level we can actually, y’know, compete at.

Raid tourneys are a thing where whales whallop on everyone, from 3* to 5*.

Challenge Events are similar. Yes, newbies can complete the 3* level, but do they have even the vaguest chance of getting one of the higher tier reward brackets even there?

You’re right that they seem to be trying to move that direction, but… there’s still some pretty clear improvements they could make.

4 Likes