Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

:joy: at chicken teeth rarity comment. Thanks alot, i woke up my women :joy: and she didn’t find humor in me finding humor in that comment…“Go to bed yah damn court jester” is the comment i received with a scowl! :joy:

4 Likes

Almost as rare as eel’s feet I’m afraid…
:smile:

1 Like

I need help to know about the hero academy, can you explain to me please

2 Likes

SGG is working on it. That’s about all we know at this point.

3 Likes

Ok. Trying to help my alliance understand the new buildings about to take shape. Was looking for the best site ,or link I could pass on to them ?

Hi @Stevemllr This is a pretty good link 🧪 The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

1 Like

Actually every information about hero academy is highly speculative. It’s not even in beta so currently only developers may know how could it work.

3 Likes

Hi all! Can someone explain what exactly is Hero Academy?

Well it doesn’t exist yet, and it hasn’t been tested in Beta yet…so no, not really. :slight_smile:

When it enters Beta I’ll post full information about it in the Forum in a Beta Beat thread.

But it was discussed a bit in the AMA in March (the “Advanced Training Camp” was rolled into the plans for the Hero Academy, so anything about that is potentially related too):

7 Likes

Ohh, okay. Thanks for the quick reply Zephyr :slight_smile:

1 Like

If we can’t trade within our alliance’s then I’d say that this building would be the next best thing.I can add that if I pull another 3 more Balthazar I could actually have an all Balthazar football team. Got 6 in a row from tc13 then 4 tucks. Yeah my tc totally tucked me up :smiley: . But it did sprout 3 caedmons after that which is brilliant but I’m suspecting I may have a cloning centre disguised as a training camp. Will have to look into that sometime…

4 Likes

Another game I dabble in has an interesting system for managing duplicate heroes. Here’s how it deals with hero acquisition and ascension:

1. You gain heroes by acquiring enough fragments of the hero (not unlike the shards idea I’ve been pushing). Once you gain the base number of fragments for a particular hero (25 for legendary, 20 for epic, etc.) you recruit that hero to your roster.
  2. You ascend a heroes by gathering yet more of its fragments. Each ascension requires an increasing number of fragments to achieve.

What happens, you might wonder, once a hero hits max ascension? Any additional fragments you acquire for that hero are now cashed in for credits. Common hero fragments aren’t worth many credits; legendary hero fragments are worth much more. These credits can be used to buy a different hero’s fragments from the in-game store. Which fragments you can buy with credits changes daily, and the daily quantity is capped (fairly low).

This system provides two tracks for getting and ascending a hero: either through the normal game play & RNG drops, or by cashing in surplus fragments.

So, how does this relate to the Hero Academy?

Suppose you could trade in a hero for credits, and you can build up a stock of these credits over time. Each day anew Legendary hero is available, and if you have enough credits, you can buy it. No RNG, just a straight trade. Most days the hero will be a Classic, but occasionally a HotM, S2 or event hero will show up.

Or if there must be RNG, have a “daily deal” with four legendary heroes: a Classic, a past HotM, a Season 2, and an event hero. If you buy the deal (with credits from cashing in unwanted heroes), there is a random draw from this set of four heroes, with published odds (say 76% Classic, 8% each for HotM, S2, and event). If you don’t like today’s deal, wait for tomorrow.

25 Likes

Hello friends, do you know anything from the Academy of Heroes? What’s it going to do for?

Haha, I have same 252 spots. I think 100 are my duplicate and flat 5*

2 Likes

I agreed that an open choice of hero to exchange for will likely not happen. They seem to want to add RNG in every aspect.

what I do hope, is that perhaps we can compromise and get a random selection of two or three heroes, and then we get to choose from among those random two to three.

That way we get to balance some RNG with a little bit more control in choice and balancing/building teams.

The idea would be to take the stuff that we do not want, after spending a lot of money, or saving up for a really long time(bad RNG results), and using accumulated unwanted/unneeded and gaining some positive value out of it. Something that is usable.

2 Likes

Now that we got a sneek peak for season 3 that will arrive in 2020 (hopefully earlier than summer :sweat_smile:) I’d like to have more information about the Hero academy. Is it expected to be released to the game still this year or has this changed? And I assume everyone wants to know, whether it’s worth keeping the duplicate 4* and 5*.
Some hints please :pray:

1 Like

Hero academy is not in beta yet so we do not have any info on it yet.

Is this new building part of the Beta beat V25 ?:thinking:

Possible, but we can’t know yet.
Developers do not share with beta testers the upcoming features of the new betas.

What we know is they release costumes, but only a third of them or so of the vanilla heroes are involved in that.
Actually 5* that may be featured are: Isarnia, Vivica, Lianna, Elena, Richard, Quintus, Joon, Horghall.

So if every time we have the costume portal we have 2 featured heroes, we had enough for 4 times.

I’m assuming at best costume portals may appear 2 times a month, so we have enough for 2 months.
My personal opinion is that will be a once-per-month occurence, so we are good for 4 months.

If my reasoning is correct, probably next beta would not involve next heroes for costumes yet but something else.

I don’t see any other feature apart from other costumes that require beta, maybe some adjustments on upcoming HotM (that may still be togheter with other features).

TL;dr : i see as a concrete option we finally have hero academy soon enough in beta.

3 Likes

I want to put my recently acquired Thoth duplicate to the academy… When will it come?