Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

I don’t think sacrificing more than 1 hero for 1 hero is F2P friendly.

It has to be 1 for 1, example:
Sacrifice a hero of the same color to have a hero of that color with 1.3% chance to be HOTM.

And I don’t want to use unfarmables AM, it’s true that I have plenty in my inventory but if I use them for HA, after I got the hero, I might not have the AM for it…

4 Likes

I also hope it to be 1 for 1.But a 1.3 % chance to become a HotM (or Atlantis hero) is way too low. 1.3 % would mean you turn Elkanen into Kadilen into Horghall into Elkanen again until after 70-80 times (on average, could also be 200+ times) finally a HotM pops out (and it might be worthless Margaret).

I rather have a high cost and a relatively long training time with a good chance of getting something new and not the same TC20 heroes over and over again :wink:

I understand that. It’s not that I’d be super happy about that. Best would be a 1 for 1 exchange with only food/iron/recruit/farmables to pay and with reasonable chances to get an old HotM or S2 hero when it comes to sacrificing 5* heroes. However, if I had to choose between A) sacrificing one telescope + one blue 5* for a 50 % or higher chance for a blue HoTM (and maybe Misandra/Ariel) or B) sacrificing five blue 5* heroes, I’d clearly prefer option A. With option B, F2P would wait a year or more to eventually collect Thorne or Quintus if they aren’t lucky.

But without any information from SGG about the possible mechanics it’s too early for any reasonable speculations anyway😬

3 Likes

We have to admit that “F2P friendly” is a broad term. Actually, it could even be a soggettive point of view that depends on a person perspective (a small gem cost can be perceived as f2p friendly if the user can earn that amount in a small time window).

And on top of that, sorry to point that out, SGG said that HA will be F2P friendly, but now we also know that they can change their mind ^^ (tournaments ofc)

So, in all honesty, I personally throw ideas just for fun, knowing that nothing I can possibly say has any impact on what really things will be in the end.
And I still hope that the disappointment would at least be small

I’m just worried that they listen to those ideas and think F2P willing to accept that terms…

What if Hero Academy would increase heroes’ intelligence score?

1 Like

I thought that was part of Costume Chamber

Pre chamber

Click for notes pre chamber

Post chamber

Click for notes post chamber

FIN

2 Likes

So people are mad at SG for not spending more money when outcry after rage post of FTP who dont wanna spend a penny…
Should those players be regarded the same as they are rating SG?

1 Like

The Hero Academy and Alchemist Lab should offer side grades only, no upgrades. We don’t want changes in the economy. We’ve already earned these heroes and ascension materials, this is to re-balance the RNG a bit.

If we are side grading a hero, if I exchange a classic hero, I get a classic hero back. If I exchange an Atlantis hero, I get an Atlantis hero back. If I exchange a HOTM, I get a HOTM back.

I don’t think SG wants us exchanging classic heroes for HOTM or emblems, that doesn’t fit into their business model. But it DOES make sense that players would be happy (spending money) getting a HOTM, any HOTM, because it can later be exchanged. This is win-win for both player and SG.

It would also be nice if we got to pick from 3 heroes, or perhaps we know what 3-5 heroes we could possibly get before deciding whether we want to do the exchange.

Not everything in the game needs to make SG money. There can be some features that make the game more enjoyable, which will make them more money in the long run.

16 Likes

This would be perfect. And that’s precisely why they won’t do that :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The only input they’ll listen to is Zynga tell them to extract more money.

The P2W crowd trying to sneak P2W in under “F2P Friendly” just provides SG cover to extract more money for Zynga.

3 Likes

Couple things -

1. there is no “economy”. This is a phone game. It’s pixels. It dries up and blows away the moment Zynga has gotten it’s last dollar out and turns the lights off.

2. it’s not about SG making money. It’s about SG making money for Zynga.

1 Like

That’s never going to happen.
Ever.

It’s funny that you guys have hopes on this feature. Basically everything SG releases sucks in the end. Also they keep delaying it, I bet they regretted announcing it

6 Likes

That would make P2W get all the Atlantis heroes and HoTM they want while F2P have hardly anything to change in the first place (by the time F2P have SH 25 and all the iron and food storages to build HA, they have most probably produced several hundereds of TC20 heroes and, therefore, already have most classic heroes). → The consequence: P2W would have to spend much less to get what they want and F2P have hardly any improvement.

Why should new buildings not offer a real improvement? TC20 is a huge improvement for all kinds of players, F2P, C2P or payers. Still the free 5* heroes have never impaired the will to invest real money, even when there were only very few seasonal heroes and HotM out. Now, there are more than three times as many non-trainable heroes than trainable heroes. If some of them (older HoTM and maybe S2 heroes once Atlantis is out) would become accessible for F2P, C2P and newer players (paying or non-paying), there would still be S3, the latest and most powerful HoTM and the new event heroes that can only be obtained via summons.

I think, the hardest part of designing Hero Academy is to make some of the heroes behind the paywall accesible without keeping big payers from spending for them anymore. Therefore, if they want it to be F2P friendly, they have to draw on something that F2P can offer and P2W are reluctant to offer.

• patience: F2P and C2P are used to waiting. Waiting for TC13 and later TC20 to be finished. Waiting for the good heroes in TC20, which might come after 20 trainings or maybe haven’t shown up after 800 yet. Waiting for getting enough gems to finally do a x10 summon.
  • food/iron: Everyone gets lots of these resources. Still, every high level player needs tons of food and iron for crafting, leveling 5* heroes, high level troops etc. P2W who summon lots of troops need even more food.
  • unfarmables: For P2W unfarmable ascension mats are the main limiting factor that prevents them to level even more of their 5* heroes. Yes, F2P and C2P are also not happy to give away mats they would later need for levelling up the heroes they get from HA.

Things that F2P are usually short and P2W have in abundance:

• Gems
  • Heroes of all kinds

So, while most probably duplicate heroes are the starting point, a F2P friendly HA has to focus on one or more of the F2P-friendly ‘resources’ and not require gems for conversion and not require heroes that F2P cannot offer. Therefore, definitely no five 5* for one 1* exchanges or so and a chance to convert trainable heroes into untrainable ones.

Possible Implementations:

• One to one exchange: only food + long waiting time involved, relatively small chance to turn 5* hero into old HoTM or Atlantis hero (depending on waiting time once or twice a month on the average)
  • One to one exchange: food + a few 3* unfarmable mats involved (maybe 2 warm capes for getting a blue hero + long waiting time (1 week or so) → relatively good chance (50 % or higher), 2-3 untrainable heroes/month
  • One to one exchange: food + a few 3* unfarmables + one 4* unfarmable involved → guaranteed random untrainable hero

A last word on why it is also profitable to care for F2P/C2P and offer a great and useful:

• First, if Hero Academy becomes a building that is a similar improvement for late-game players like TC20 is for mid-game players, many players will want to have it as soon as possible. F2P are tempted to buy VIP pass to get the second builder (and once they have spent the first time, it’s quite likely they keep on buying a few things now and then and turn into C2P). Former VIP pass users might want to re-activate it.
  • Second, if F2P and C2P get stuck and see hardly any improvement, they lose interest in the game and go. C2P players who quit are a direct ‘economical loss’ for SGG. However, F2P, just like any other group, act as multiplicators. Happy players are much more likely to get friends to start with Empires&Puzzles, while a few angry quitting players could destroy a whole alliance.
18 Likes

Don’t forget f2p watching ads every day which is also a reliable cashflow. The less of them the less money.

Not to mention they provide the crowds that paying players enjoy playing with. I wouldn’t be playing this game if there were 10,000 players in total and all of them big spenders, even though I don’t mind spending myself. Community and feeling of scale is really important.

I think a lot of players are hanging on the promise of Hero Academy. So SG better does it right to avoid mass exodus.

5 Likes

That is exactly what I wanted :grin:

4 Likes

No way im trading five 5* heroes for a “chance” to get one 5*. One for one.

7 Likes

Imagine if only top 10,000 big spenders play this game. Only 100 of them can get top 1% loot tier in tournament :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Leave our troops alone! :rofl: Two years,150 USD pm and I only have 1 set of L17 mana and a few low level crits and 2 & 3* for RT. I can’t even feed a 3* troop at the moment!
My plan was to abandon hero summons because mats income dropped of by 50% since around June and instead spend gems to get them to L28. I was shocked to realise I can’t afford to complete one set. Troops are extremely important to F2P and C2P.

We need a Troop Training Camp to close the massive gap to P2P who have high level copies of everything instead. This realisation turned me into VC2P, borderline F2P since C2P is a complete waste of money trying to compete with P2W Troops & Emblems

4 Likes

Curious to know how many players are on a hiatus spending and basically parked their accounts since the massive AL disappointment waiting to see what the HA will offer.