šŸ¤” Help @zephyr1 figure out what to do about Summons result posts in New Hero discussion threads

GAH WHERE DID THOSE POSTS COME FROM. Last I recall, this thread had 4 posts.

ā€¦

Thereā€™s a certain amount of irony when posts complaining about other posts being off-topic get moved from that thread to a new thread. :joy:

3 Likes

Considering the topic heading is named ā€œhelp @zephyr1ā€ perhaps the most helpful thing would be to add another moderator!

All of the moderators have too much to do and Iā€™d hate to see them start burning out.

p.s. please donā€™t ever ask me to be a moderator :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Amen to that. Iā€™m already the babysitter at work. I donā€™t want to do it after hours either.

1 Like

Iā€™d ban you all

20modpowersfor1day

6 Likes

I voted for the one that requires the most unnecessary labor. Undue burden on people who mean well and deserve better sustains me.

2 Likes

Lmao would expect nothing else

To be fair, he made the option available. If heā€™d left a ā€œget over it, you sniveling little snowflakesā€ option, we could have avoided the labor

2 Likes

Iā€™m out of likes but so much yes.

I realized it wasnā€™t, but the past few posts felt like one guy talking to himself which was REAL weird to see at first.

3 Likes

As much as i would like the screenshots of summons to be on a separate thread to make it shorter and easier to read, i dont mind them as no matter what you do people will not stop barging and posting their summon.

And if you just cant scroll the wheel on the mouse, press pg dwn on the keyboard, swipe with your finger (or toes tongues or other body parts i dont judge :stuck_out_tongue:) , hell some phones you can scroll with your eyes, or any other ways of scrolling down the post then reading a long thread like the discussion topics are not for you.

As mentioned above most of the replies will be either compare with other heroes, good tank bad tank, flank or wing or just plain complaining. its very rare to find a good question or a good discussion about the hero it self specially after it release, the real discussion about the hero is mostly during the beta beat as i observed (also it was mentioned above)

Its in people nature to brag about something no matter what, i know i did couple of times (the latest i think was when Bauchan was released

all i can say is that we ALL need to appreciate the hard work @zephyr1 do in this forum and all time he spend doing these discussions, beta beats threads, and monitoring the forum
and we all should respect his decision on what to do with the summoning posts in these discussion threads. we should appreciate that he even asked us what we want

i dont know if that possible here but in other forums some mods can be only for a certain category of the forum

seems like you are doing reverse psychology :stuck_out_tongue:

Again thank you @zephyr1 for all the hard work you do and we stand with you no matter what you decide to do with the summon posts

5 Likes
  1. Itā€™s the beginning of the month. Players (presumablt non-beta) just pulled the brand new HOTM. What exactly can they add to the conversation at that point?

2. Players will post these lucky pulls no matter what the groundrules. Do we really need to add to modsā€™ overloaded work here with yet more work?

3. The best option from modsā€™ perspective is to not start these post-beta threads and let them rise organically. Is that what you as players want?

I enjoy reading these threads. I will likely never have the heroes but it gives me an idea what I will be facing in raids and wars shortly. I just gloss over the lucky summons posts as irrelevant and unavoidable.

4 Likes

I agree Kingston is probably a good to great hero.

But not all hotms are fast snipers, and it may not be immediately apparent how good or bad they are just by reading the card.

I often look at these threads to make a decision on whether or not to spend money to pull for them.

i have to disagree with you, as many times just reading about how a hero work will give another perspective of scenarios on how that hero work or possible bugs
and before the beta beat topics started many of the players were pissed as the beta players have advantages of regular players

at the end you cant satisfy everyone

I meant keep the beta posts and not starting tge post-release posts the day of release would be less work for less aggravation for @zephyr1 but not that I necessarily support the idea.

3 Likes

My bad i understood wrong

No problem. I do like reading the beta threads. They are usually full of interesting discussion and information. Not so much the post-release threads until later in the month (or the following month), after the lucky pulls posts.

And no, you canā€™t please everyone.

3 Likes

I agree with that
And also agree with the conversion of the beta thread to the discussion thread upon release

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™m fine with whatever the outcome. Iā€™m just stating alternate ideas to get them out there. So far here I see a lot of ā€œdiscussion threads are being polluted by lucky pulls postsā€ and ā€œdiscussion threads are being polluted by complaints about lucky pulls postsā€.

1 Like

This is the most helpful post for @zephyr1

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to volunteer when available to create the who pulled HOTM how topic.

Then againā€¦ why bother