Help with team building

So, I started playing the game a week or so ago and I really enjoy it. Went ahead and bought a few gems to get a jump start on heros. My problem is that I am still so new that I’m not sure what all I have and who should be paired together.

From what I gather, I need a good DEFENSE team and probably another team to work on the story line and something for titans? I know there are videos and guides out there to watch/read. This weekend will be a good time for me to go over those.

For now, just a little help from experienced players to help me build a couple solid teams…Here is a list of what I have…

ULMER 3*
KARIL 3*
GRAYMANE 3*
VALEN 3*
GUNNAR 3*
ISHTAK 3*
BELITH 3*
CARVER 3*
FRIAR TUCK 3*
BRIENNE 3*
PRISCA 3*
BALTHAZAR 3*
TYRUM 3*
AZAR 3*
JAHANGIR 3*
GAN JU 3*
DAWA 3*
BANE 3*
KAILANI 3*
KIRIL 4*
SKITTLESKULL 4*
MELEDOR 4*
RIGARD 4*
TIBURTUS 4*
CHAO 4*
HU TAO 4*
ALASIE 5*
LILIANNA 5*

Any advice on team make ups is greatly appreciated.

To build teams:

#1 Focus on a 3 :star: rainbow team first, then on a 4 :star: one and finally on your 5 :star: heroes
Of your 4 :star: heroes you could safely grow:

• Kiril
  • Tiburtus
  • Chao
  • Melendor
  • (red spot) wait for Boldtusk or Gormek

#2 Keep at least a couple of 3 :star: heroes for each color, hoard heroes over 3 :star: for times to come.
Here the good 3 :star: ones:

• Blue
    • Ulmer
    • Valen
    • Gunnar
  • Red
    • Hawkmoon
    • Nashgar
    • Azar
  • Green
    • Brienne
    • Belith
    • Berden
  • Yellow
    • Bane
    • Gan Ju
    • Kailani
  • Purple
    • Balthazar
    • Tyrum
    • Balthazar again

#3 You should take into account heroes special’s status effects and speed. Most common ones:

• atk buff (to always have)
  • def buff
  • lower atk
  • lower def (to always have)
  • cleanse
  • dispel
4 Likes

Does it really worth spending time on 3* once 4* are available?

Taking into account his playing time 101% yes! :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it really matter how long ago player entered the game? 4* can be brought to 3/60 without rare ascension items and they’ll be stronger than fully ascended 3* and with a potential to grow. Taking in account that player is new and doesn’t have high level buildings it won’t be easy for him(her) to get swords/backpacks and recruits, so each 1*/2* star hero will be valuable for the beginning. So I’d not waste time on 3* and grow 4* instead.

While this is true you should also take into account map progressions, quests, meat generation (to level heroes) and other stuff.

I’m pretty sure that having a solid 3 :star: team as base its the start to all, to not “make a house starting from the roof”.

I wouldn’t worry about 3* heroes. Save the good ones listed by Fravit93, one each not more than that, but you should focus on the 4*s.

Level to 3.60 4.70 if you have the ascension otherwise move to the next ones
Kiril, Aliase to 2.60
Tiburtus, then rigard
Chao, Dont level Hu Tao past 3.60 and if you pick up any other yellow, level them first. Might even level bane to 3.50 before hu.
Melendor, Lilianna to 2.60(not skittle)
Azar(best red option)

1 Like

Any tips on who to put on a 3* and 4* team?

The leveling tips are awesome, much appreciated :slight_smile:

I do. For all these purposes 4* team suites better. With 4* at 3/60 you can advance up to 20th province which is enough for quite a time. And rare quest can be passed up to 3* ascension item to get.

What I were pointing out were the time you need to bring 5 heroes to 3.60, way too much to waiting time to progress, specifically for a new player with (probably) low level farms.

Are 3.60 teams faster to get then 3.50 ones? Nope
Are 3.50 better than 3.60 teams? Nope nope nope.
Then why do 3.50 teams before 3.60? 'Cause lower resources and time required!

• Keep a attack buffer
    • 3 :star: Brienne
    • 4 :star: Kiril
  • a defense debuffer
    • 3 :star: Valen
    • 4 :star: Tiburtus
  • a healer
    • 3 :star: Belith
    • 4 :star: Kiril again
  • and then strikers or defense buffer, depending on your needs
    • 3 :star: Balthazar, Bane, Azar
    • 4 :star: Chao, (looking for more)
2 Likes

Excellent, thanks. This will help a lot.

I know I have a lot of work to put in to level and ascend these guys while building up my base. I have plenty of time and it seems I have a decent hero selection to choose from. They aren’t the best, but I can work with them.

Using the above advice I have 2*, 3* & 4* teams put together and a rainbow team for defense.

Do not worry too much about your defense team as of now. Your “first five” will be your all around team. What you need to do is get all your training camps to lvl 11 so you will not get into food and recruit shortages. Feed the same color heroes. Also do not try to rush thru the world map, 12-9 will give you essentials except the unfarmable mats of course.

Your first five should be Kiril, Melendor, Azar, Tiburtus, Chao.

Just put this line up together. Will run this team for a bit to farm materials and get the feel for the best positioning.

Appreciate everyone’s advice!

Aquired a handful of new heroes.

As you can see, I focused on the 3* heroes. I figured I could get them leveled up and find new heroes in the meantime. I do play around with the 4/5 star heroes just to check out the specials some.

With the new addition of some of these heroes, would you build the teams differently than advised above?

Can someone help me put together what my best team should be for raids, defense, titans and overall? I never know what hero i should be working on!

Thanks!!

For titans, quests, events and even raid attacks you could need heroes who increase attack (Boldtusk, Kiril, Wu Kong) and decrease defense (Tiburtus, Grimm, Gormek).
Level Evelyn when you’ll have enough shields, Zimkitha is also a good hero but Boldtusk should come before.

Try to have at least two good rainbow teams to start replacing weak color with strong ones: color stacking is the easier way to score better results on titans and it’s a solid attacking stratrgy on raids.

You should also try to catch how many different heroes to level as you can for the incoming class quests.

As for your defense team you have a great number of supporters but few damagers, try to level Hu Tao and Agwe a bit more and do this:

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the help! I also have these heroes to think about as well

And also these. What are your thoughts?

Wilbur and Buddy should be your priorities just after finishing Boldtusk. With Wilbur you can leave Gormek as it is for now, even if you would find it useful for some class restriction.

Your best tank could be Li Xiu at the moment but even Buddy isn’t bad.
Try to level those heroes (the ones you are already leveling first):

Purple: Proteus
Yellow: Hu Tao, Wu Kong
Green: Buddy, Evelyn
Blue: Kiril, Agwe, Triton
Red: Boldtusk, Wilbur