Help with Hero Roster and Gem Use

Just curious on how roster thoughts and how best to spend my gems. My current roster is below.

I’m using the top 5 (Richard, Tib, Chao, Boldtusk, Melendor) as all 3 parties (farming, defense, titan), though I did just get Li recently. FYI, at this point, I don’t really care about cups/trophies and my watchtower is still level 1 (stronghold is 12 fyi and character level 20). I have ~2300 gems to spend.

For raiding, are any of my current 3s or 4s worth slotting in (sadly I accidentally ate my Bane as a newb)? I’m hesitant for Colen or Lil John since they are so slow on specials. I’m finding my raids really board dependent unless I’m 200+ power more than the defender. For defending, once Chao is complete, I’ll level Li and use her. currently on defense, I have Richard in the Middle, Tib and Boldtusk next to him, and Chao and Mel on the edges. Any suggestions on positioning there? I rarely get attacked though, esp with watchtower at level 1.

For farming, I didn’t see replacing any as the others are slow mana producers and the double healing is nice for tough boards.

My plan was once Mel and Boldtusk were leveled, I’d level Colen and LJ to use for color-specific titans, though my current alliance is only seeing 2 and 3* titans.

My final question is - any advice what to use on the gems on? more/specific hero tries on the elemental summon? are there ascension packs with high ascension items in the chances?

thanks in advance!

Dante

1 Like

Several thoughts:

1. I like your primary team choice out of what you have. Wish Boldtusk were more lvl’d up; I’d put him in the center (but there’s no accounting for taste!)

2. I love LiXiu’s mana reduction ability. Her hit leaves something to be desired, but the mana redux covers it for me.

3. As with any hero, better to lvl it a good bit before use.

4. lvling up the Watchtower doesn’t have to hurt you: players can only attack your watchtower contents–NOT your regular storages–which means if you empty it often, YOU get free food/iron. I use my lvl 9 Watchtower as an additional storage.

5. I know there are specials that come out from time to time (you just missed one for $19.99); barring that, you might want to roll for heroes, as I don’t recall seeing any item regularly for sale that makes my heart go putter-pat…but I never tell other folks how to spend their cash/gems!

2 Likes

Looks like a good team already from that roster. What level are your troops? Getting 3-4* troops can make a lot of difference too. And cheaper than hero summons. You don’t want to waste food and troops leveling 1-2* troops.

Outpost is nice, gives loads of resources. My outpost is level 19, as soon as I have the food I will do 20. I doubt many choose targets depending on how much resources you have. Rerolling usually gets more expensive than what you gain. And if you are active, you empty it soon too. If someone does that, they usually reroll inactive players that have big amounts stockpiled.

The special deals are not synced, so you didn’t “just miss one” like Rook said. They cycle in some manner depending on when you started to play the game.

Ascension packs are really bad value. don’t buy them before you have a 5x5* team and 5*4 troops. The special deals can have ascension mats in addition to gems, so those are worth buying.

1 Like

Four of my troops are 3* and one is 2*. Still level 1 on all as it seemed like a lot of food to get an extra 1% on something for level 3 (I’m using most of my food for training heros and leveling my 4 and 5* heros).

I’ll probably use some gems on the purple or blue days and see if I get any good 4 or 5* from there.

Are any of my 3* worth keeping? or should i use them for extra training for my others?

1 Like

None of your 3*'s are worth using over what you already have, feed them away with confidence.

1 Like

But feeding 3* heroes doesn’t really give that much extra XP. If in doubt, don’t feed them.

1 Like

Are talking about troops or heroes? For troops I would say they’re worth leveling, those extra troops are good for absolutely nothing else.

It is a high food cost; I just wait until I’m at a point where I have a lot of food and don’t need it.

1 Like

No not troops, just heros. I’ll wait until i have all my 4 and 5* heros leveled before worrying about troops.

I did just pull Cyprian this morning from the Dark elemental summon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As for gems, you’re close to 2600, which would be 10 heroes of one elemental choice (elemental summon best). Best bet is wait until next month to see the new monthly hero and see (and give you time to earn 300 gems).

But that’s what I would do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. I’m looking for advice. Witch heroes are the best for fight with titans 6*,7*,8*?

[quote=“Dante2377, post:1, topic:2771, full:true”]
Just curious on how roster thoughts and how best to spend my gems. My current roster is below.

I’m using the top 5 (Richard, Tib, Chao, Boldtusk, Melendor) as all 3 parties (farming, defense, titan), though I did just get Li recently. FYI, at this point, I don’t really care about cups/trophies and my watchtower is still level 1 (stronghold is 12 fyi and character level 20). I have ~2300 gems to spend.

For raiding, are any of my current 3s or 4s worth slotting in (sadly I accidentally ate my Bane as a newb)? I’m hesitant for Colen or Lil John since they are so slow on specials. I’m finding my raids really board dependent unless I’m 200+ power more than the defender. For defending, once Chao is complete, I’ll level Li and use her. currently on defense, I have Richard in the Middle, Tib and Boldtusk next to him, and Chao and Mel on the edges. Any suggestions on positioning there? I rarely get attacked though, esp with watchtower at level 1.

For farming, I didn’t see replacing any as the others are slow mana producers and the double healing is nice for tough boards.

My plan was once Mel and Boldtusk were leveled, I’d level Colen and LJ to use for color-specific titans, though my current alliance is only seeing 2 and 3* titans.

My final question is - any advice what to use on the gems on? more/specific hero tries on the elemental summon? are there ascension packs with high ascension items in the chances?

thanks in advance!

Dante
[/quote]

Sorry went som wrong, l’m not too good, That’s My first time on chat:hugs:

My HeroesIMG_2972

1 Like

I’m confused. Gonna assume only the last pic/post is you.

Yes only the last one is him (thread thievery). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rook
Yes Just last one its me Deni79:smirk:

Dante2377
Sorry it’s was my fault, still learning :hugs:

I would gladly advise you for 2800 gems only… :joy:kidding

What I can say is this, don’t waste 3* heroes not to mention 4 or 5*, same goes for troops, keep a 2* 3* troop of each color, you may never know when you need them (hint the latest quest event)

As for the dragons and raids, it depends on each color, use counter attack ability and hero colors,

1 Like

Hi Banutu
I understand the beginning of the collection since the last event, how many heroes l can have?
They show me 65 or 70, how many is possible to have?

Thanks for helping me :blush:

It changes as you level up or buy more spaces

1 Like