Help: what will exactly happen if I buy food with gems

Just finished building HA 10. I am 200k short in food storage capacity to do HA 10 research.

Game is asking if I want to use gems to make up the food shortage. Would this work? Am I just buying food crates of the shortage or will it actually let me start the research (bypassing the food storage upgrades)?

My guess is that it will just sell me the food crates (but I need still need to upgrade storages to use them) but if anyone knows for sure I would be very grateful for the insight. Thanks!

@Liam_K, @WaVe, @u2371 just tagging my forum friends in case you knew :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It will be better to upgrade your food storage to be able to take the capacity you need otherwise you will just fill up the currently available capacity.

7 Likes

I know you will need the food storage capacity. It won’t let you accumulate 3311K until you do. So my guess is the gem purchase will just max out your food at 3141K (your current limit).

4 Likes

appreciate the comments. Didn’t think I was so lucky to skip out on like 15 days of upgrading lol

I’m not 100% sure, but my guess is the game will max out your food to your maximum capacity, still being short, so you would basically just waste your gems.

2 Likes

Can’t recall the detail now, but it looks like you will need to max all storage barns!

1 Like

I think what at @Quil said is correct and @Oliz’s suggestion is correct. The 408 Gem you see would take you to your current max. One way you can find out is let your food hit your current max to see if the number of gems you see in the pop up is the same.

If this game allows for skipping on the storage as such, it would be too easy for players to bypass upgrading the storage buildings with gems (even if it might seem like a waste).

7 Likes

I don’t know. I never buy food with gem but I think you can’t food/iron storage upgrades anyway. I think it will be like when you try to collect iron or recruit when they are full.

1 Like

That’s correct I need to max all my advanced food storages to have enough food to research. Will take me another few weeks (currently at 8,7,7)

1 Like

Filling your food will only fill it to your maximum, i fear more bad news for you. Your recruits are way behind, you need serious development in your housing department to hold 300 recruits, maybe another 4 months or so… good luck

4 Likes

The far i knowledge you need level up the food storage and go spend you money

1 Like

If you’re going to be spending gems anyway… use them on your upgrades to speed the process. Personally, I would have more patience and save the gems for better use.

3 Likes

Yes, HA will not deliver in short term… 20 weeks needed in average for a non S1 hero, but some players receiving their first non S1 hero much later.
So this extra few weeks at the start is not matters much.

2 Likes

No

20 characters of nope nope nope

Edit,

Good catch

HA10 is a pain, and not really worth it for most players

([Suggestion, QoL] 6.5 day HA09 Epic Troop retraining & 6.5 day HA10 Legendary Hero retraining)

FIN

3 Likes

Yup that’s true too. Research for HA10 takes 14 days so I was going to upgrade my houses while I was researching to save time

2 Likes