Questions about Troops and Barracks [MASTER]

I’ve already converted to barracks when the opportunity was giving. I chose to do forge, for several reasons at the time. If I’m planning on doing lot of crafting in the near future. Having three forges, cuts the time down by one-third, when talking about crafting the same thing.

Why keep a barracks up when I’m seldom in need of it. Especially since I’m maxed at the current troops level for barracks level I have. It costs so much just to train! Troops, the elemental troops I need to accumulate takes forever to get. Regardless of my continuous farming!

I might be in the minority, but I see no reason to spend more time crafting than I need to be. When I can convert temporarily, a barracks back to forge and be using that also to craft. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone knows the answer to this question…, would very much appreciate having this answered. :grin:

Thanks in advanced.

Also note that you cannot convert a building to/from a Barracks if you are building something else. It takes days for the high-level. Hilda’s, so you definitely won’t be flipping a building back and forth often.

Use a forge.

This was already established. :slight_smile:

Never mind answering. I got this information yesterday from an unofficial channel, thanks anyways.

Personally, I only flipped the barracks on and off to see if I could do it.

By Stronghold lvl 20, you can have 4 Forges, which is one more Forge than I use (I like running multiple Forges at once).

I’m fairly certain you’ll keep your barracks “on” once you build it. As with all buildings, the first level builds fast and subsequent levels take longer. I stopped at lvl 4 (for now), since my troops haven’t needed a further level (yet) :wink:

1 Like

ok … this post answered all my doubts about the training centre … but one . I didn’t know back then that the popular choice for switch to barracks was the forge, and makes sense to me now … that i am a high level player . and my choice was a farm … my question is … if I switch back the barrack to my original lvl 5 farm … and choose one of my forges to switch to the barracks … do the barracks retain the level 5 that they had ? or I have to start level it up again ? tnx in advance for your answer …

It will retain the level

1 Like

Things that were already established on this topic.

1. TO LEVEL UP TROOPS: You’ll need (1) a lvl 10+ stronghold, and (2) a lvl 5+ building (forge is fine). Click on the building and CONVERT it to Barracks. Once you have the barracks, you can upgrade your troops, much in the same way you upgrade heroes: by feeding the lower level troops to the ones you want to keep. NOTE: You can convert the barracks back into the previous building at any time, so long as you are not building something. Information posted by @Rook

2. Barracks can be converted back into the building to the level It was at before converting to Barracks. At no additional expenses, and wait-time 10 seconds.

3. You can pick any building (with exception to Iron and Food storages), not required to use the same one that you’ve used to convert to Barracks previously.

4. Converting back and forth, to and from Barracks requires that no other construction is in progress. However…, I believe conversions back from and back to Barracks ‘SHOULD’ be the exception!

5. Preferably the Forge you would want to convert for good reasons.

What wasn’t established on this topic, but was said through unofficial channel.

1. Converting back to your Barracks, and at the level you had, only takes 10 seconds. I haven’t verified this yet, but will eventually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
4 Likes

Only minor diff is on #3.

You cant convert any lvl5 building into a Barrack. Iron and Food(?) storages are restricted. And the Stronghold of course.

Exactly so, failed to mention that! Just doing multiple things and forgot to include that. Post was updated, thank you.

1 Like

Only takes 10 seconds to convert back and forth

I want to know how to upgrade my troops…

If you haven’t already, the first step is to upgrade an advanced building (Level 5 or higher) to a Barracks. An extra Forge is really the best option for this.

Your Stronghold also has to be at least level 10 to convert a building to a barracks.

Here are some good basic references to start:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003822229-How-do-I-get-Barracks-

There’s also this thread discussing the leveling process and some questions/answers:

(@Kerridoc @Rook merge?)

2 Likes

Hi!
A stupid question, but we had a discussion about this!
If I convert a smithy to a barrack and if I restore the barrack to the smithy.
What then happens to my troops that I have trained up, do they keep their strength or do I lose what I have trained?
I see several questions about this but then it is just about conveting back and forth, but what happens to the troops that you have already trained!
Either I lose a pizza or I’ll win a pizza on this!
Thank´s

I don’t know if you’ll be winning or losing the :pizza:, but troops (thankfully!) stay trained up even if you convert your barracks back and forth.

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky this might make a good addition to Questions about Troops and Barracks [MASTER], since it’s evolved into a sort of dumpling ground of barracks-related questions including recent activity, and could be turned into a master thread with a little better title.)

3 Likes

Not only do the troops stay trained, brut the Barracks stays upgraded! You can move the Barracks around—one day under Forge#1, another day under Forge#2, and there is no loss of progress, either in troops you’ve trained or construction.

3 Likes

Hi all. I used a house to build the barrack. After more than a year I convert it back to house and upgraded it. Now I can’t convert it back to a barrack so I can’t level my troops. Any suggestions?

There were issues with using storage buildings (house, iron storage, food storage) when converting to a barracks, so the ability to do so was removed. I suggest using a forge instead.
If you are using an eligible building to convert (mine, farm, forge, training camp) make sure you have a builder spare to do the conversion.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Paulon!