Help - need suggestions for a strategy to transition from 8/9* titans to 11/12*

I recently switched alliances. In my old alliance I was coming away with 200-225K in 6 flags against 8/9.
In the new alliance I’m lucky to get 75K but people who are newer to the game with less depth are kicking some serious butt. I will ask my alliance for help as well, but I’d love to get input from as many people as possible and this forum is more organized than in game chat or discord.

The items I used for 8/9 were arrows and green vials, for the 11/12 I’m using axes, turtle flags and green vials (and the occasional mana potion or two).

In 8/9 I would typically use Ares (80) and Wu (70) plus 3 strong against titan colors but I try not to use more than 3 in the very likely event boards aren’t going to favor two colors. I might do something like:

(heros maxed unless otherwise noted)
Red titan - Wu, Magni, Ares, Isarnia (70), Grimm (or possibly move Grimm next to Ares and replace Isarnia with Kiril)
Green titan - Wu, Gravemaker, Ares, (G. Falcon or Gormek), (BT or Kiril)
Blue titan - Wu, Zeline, Ares, Lianna, Peters
Purple titan - wu, joon, ares, chao, (vivica/BT/kiril) (not a lot of great yellows to choose from)
yellow titan - Wu, Sartana, ares, Tibs, Domitia (70)

I have a whole lot of other 70s to choose from as well. I can’t figure out if the problem is my approach with items (i don’t want to spend expensive items on titans) or if it’s with my titan teams.

Any suggestions appreciated!

What’s your ingredient and battle item inventory look like?

Do you use mana pots to charge up heroes and fire them off from the get go?

Axes/fireballs for attack debuff, arrows for blinding, turtle/dragon banner for defense/attack buff?

The items I used for 8/9 were arrows and green vials, for the 11/12 I’m using axes, turtle flags and green vials (and the occasional mana potion or two).

I have a large inventory of items but I tend to use those for events, I’m extremely low on ingredients (my iron is generally maxed as I have nothing I can spend it on) and I would burn through items pretty quickly on titans (and for no reason as the group is killing 12* specials with 12 hours left on the timer). I’m just trying to improve in order to be reasonably competitive with the people in my new group. I don’t like coming in in the 20s for placement. It’s embarrassing. I’m used to being numero uno every time!!! :smiley:

Unfortunately with 11/12* it’s about surviving as long as possible for the right tiles to flow.

I’ve been using wilbur and wu along with 3 strong colors. Wilburs spirit link and defense buff are invaluable to protect against one shotting my heroes.

I’ve been using a bunch of tornadoes and timeclocks too myself. I’m down to about 30 dragonbones.

Hopefully when the later season 2 provinces are opened up, I can get some of these 4* ingredients replenished.