Help Building 3 Killer Diamond defensive Teams

It’s just my opinion that simply holding 7 Grazul’s for the sake of holding 7 Grazul’s seem a waste of time and space. You have your opinion and I have mine my friend, it what makes life interesting :wink:

3 Likes

@PapaHeavy I didn’t think of anything else my friend :slight_smile:

@Perilin I know the devs are not to be trusted, but in the last AMA session they said HA will be ftp. I don’t think they would be so shameless to do otherwise.

3 Likes

Lol @Perilin!! Wait? He’s NOT F2P??? I thought it was quite obvious with all those sought after 5* that he WAS F2P? Hmmmm, maybe it’s my dementia?

Honestly it really matters little WHAT he does with his extra Grazul’s. I thought my 3 Grazul’s was a lot but 8?? I’d need a second job, and a divorce!!

I have little faith the HA will be anything amazing, although I hold out hope it’ll be more useful than the AL…not a ton of hope, just a pinch or so :wink:

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’ve been holding every 5 for 2 years and counting…

Roster space is cheap compared to summoning a 5*

They don’t give that much xp, trainer heros are the better bet and handed out somewhat commonly these days and can even be bought in bulk

I would save the 5s, nothing to lose from it and a good possibility for trade ins that even if hero academy isn’t free, it will probly still be the better route than summons if players already have a decent trade in stock

But I’ve been advising all that forever now so idk

Worst case scenario

Hero academy comes out a bust and you have a bunch of 5* feeders for more 5s you’ll be maxing at that time with the mats you accumulate by then anyways

Just seems riskier to eat the 5s than to save them

If you were going f2p and couldnt buy roster space or choose not to then sure I’d probly say eat the 5s but for anyone that spends regularly, eating 5s doesn’t make much sense unless you have every 5* in the game you want and no future plans of even attempting to get more

4 Likes

Oh I have a bunch too, just not 8 of anything other that Tibs, and I fed several of him to Sartana. She’s a maneater?

3 Likes

Yeah, yeah. I forgot my winky face! You’d think someone that spams emoticons as much as I do would not forget, but it happens sometimes.

To be quite frank, the real solution to the Grazul Problem would be for you and the OP to send your spare Grazuls (Grazuli? Grazulae?) to the needy folks. I’d raise my hands because I am a little needy, but I don’t have the rings and at current acquisition speed would not have them for another 6 months. But I’m sure any of the summons threads here would have loads of people ready to tell you how they really should have gotten one, and you clearly got theirs too.

@Scarecrow good to know that the HA will be FTP, I am out of the loop. I admit I stopped reading about the new buildings so I’m just being a bit snarky.

2 Likes

I keep 5s but that’s it. Other than that i dont keep any 3s or 4s i dont plan on maxing. That’s my personal limit.

But again just me. Idk what is right for anyone else. I just do me.

1 Like

I just don’t have much faith that HA will be very F2P friendly. It may cost less gems than the AL, but how many gems were spent to get just 1 HotM? So sending a bunch of HotM into the hero blender to get a classic 5 may not be worth it to many.

Disclaimer, the HotM usefulness may vary and some may be very happy to get a classic 5 in exchange for 4 of certain HotM.

2 Likes

If gifting were a thing I’d gladly give you a Grazul, Frida and Miki. I’d rather then go to a nice home where they will be fed and played with rather than sitting in some damp, dank roster.

*I don’t clean my roster out as often as I should, so what? It’s COZY

2 Likes

This actually isn’t true. If you search for the AMA, Tim said that the Hero Academy will be F2P friendly but the Alchemy Lab “works different”

2 Likes

Ahhh thanks @StephenNap89 for clearing that up. Although I’ll still reserve my doubts about HA being very worthwhile and F2P friendly.

Answering ypur questions:

Dream defense team:
Grazul, Kageburado, Black knight, Ariel, Lianna.

Which would I play right now?

I’d swap Melendor for Ariel.

Mid term:

guinevre and Seshat could work.

I’ strongly suggest you to level just a hero per color. And don’t level clones till you get the first maxed (2nd Seshat)

I’d also ask you to show your heros sorted by color Socwe can check your roster easier.

I agree completely. Alchemy lab was a failure for paid players and free players. I’m just hoping that they learn from their mistake.

3 Likes

@Diamondbus if you are thinking @Olmor was making fun of you when he said “hope dies last,” I am 100% sure he was responding to Scarecrow’s hope that the Hero Academy will make use of extra heroes in a meaningful way without prohibitive use of resources…

I am only jumping in (then out) because things people have said without meaning to hurt have sometimes stuck with me, and most “pros” don’t try to hurt other players. If they check in to a request to help, it’s to help. :bouquet:

3 Likes

Exactly this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Olmor @Joyful818 I realized that afterwards. given that I signed up in the forum just to ask the pros my first question, thought they were making fun of me.

3 Likes

If you are interested in weekly tournaments, you should know @zephyr1 opens a thread every week. There you can discuss or just browse around. There you can learn which would be the best defenses for current week. Like this thread → 🏅 [Oct 6, 2019] 25th Raid Tournament! — 5* Bloody Battle, All Elements

3 Likes

@Diamondbus I made the same assumptions in the beginning. I was afraid to join an alliance because I had no idea what I was doing! The E&P has a reputation for kindness & good people - and bullies and mockers aren’t tolerated - other players will jump in and defend someone if needed. I hope you find the Forum helpful. I also suggest you “hang out” here a bit & encourage other players. I’ve learned a lot here!

Wishing you great boards, weak enemies, and excellent ascension loot!!! Blessings!!! :bouquet:

2 Likes

@Joyful818 @Scarecrow!

1 Like

D: alby kage guin magni marj

But I agree with the others… you would be better off putting your leveling efforts into your 4* depth. Faster to max. Easier to obtain mats. And you’ll use a lot of them for a very long time.

My favs from your roster: Hansel, Kiril, rigard, triton, bold, proteus, Caedmon.

Happy grinding!

3 Likes