Healers needed at each * and color

I forgot other healing 5* heroes:
Anzogh a HOTM that heals everyone.
Red Hood that creates healing minions.
Zimkitha that heals all read heroes a bit.

More healers would be awesome. Especially 3* / 4* healers.

However 3* / 4* heroes are far down the roadmap.

4 Likes

Nah. I like the idea that there are ONLY certain healers for each colour… Skills imo are related to the hero, and that’s why you LIKE the hero .

I prefer the limiting effect rather than free for all …
There are healers for EVERY element , just at different rarities and that is good. Same with other offensive/defensive skillset. Again , reiterating that is what makes the heroes desirable.

This is just my 2 cents .

6 Likes

Aeron and Delilah are missing as well

And what about the almighty Guin? However not exactly a healer but the owl can heal as well. And also there are the life/heal stealers like Victor or Morgan Le Fay

classic hero quantities
1* 2* 3* 4* 5*
Blue(ice) 2 3 5 4 4
Green(nature) 2 3 6 5 4
Purple(dark) 2 3 5 4 4
Red(fire) 2 4 4 5 4
Yellow(holy) 2 3 4 4 4
So I looked at the quantities of classic heroes and there is not a balanced number of them.
I imagine they will balance this out when season 3 is released since it was pointed out in this thread that they mentioned it in the ‘ask me anything’ transcript from March. But as you can see from the chart, there is room for improvement.
[u]Since for some reason red has an extra 2*, all other colors should get a new feeder hero.
There should be 5 of each at 3/4/5, so red/yellow need one more 3* each, blue/purple/yellow need one more 4* each, and all 5 need another 5* each (green will still have one more 3*)[/u]
2 Likes

I reckon every hero should have healing it’s self capabilities until the opponents all die.

Then at least I could just set the auto play on and go watch my movie.
Then I won’t need to worry about strategy or who does what.

Come SG, please make this game more multitaskable (my new word of the day) lol.

2 Likes

When looking at the trials, there are some combinations of classes there that have no healers at all! That makes those trials exceptionally harder.
This gives even more reason to have a 4* healer in each color AND class.

As stated in my posts above, there NEEDS to be a 4* Yellow (holy) hero with the ability ‘purification’ in the classic ‘epic hero summon’ that is class Paladin

To make the trials have at least one healer each in the classics that follow the missing colors needed in 4*, in addition to the above paladin, there needs to be a 4* Purple (Dark) Barbarian or Rogue with an ability something like this -
“Bloodthirst: The caster and nearby allies Heals 50% of damage dealt for 4 turns, and caster deals 300% damage to the target.”
@EmpiresPuzzles @Petri

2 Likes

I think you’d need a different name for that skill :smiley:

Speaking of 3*s it would be nice if there were more healers in that rarity. Belith and Hawkmoon are the only ones.

1 Like

Why? I don’t see an actual need for this laid out in your post.

The classic epic hero or elemental summons are always available, and they are the only place to redeem epic hero tokens. That pool of heroes is small and not there is not an equal number of heroes of each color (see chart 5 posts up from here). Of those heroes, there are not healers of every color and rarity. Every team of 5 needs at least 1 (preferably 2) healers, especially early game when going through the 1 player maps. With no variety it forces the selection of the few healers available, and of course since there is chance involved for what hero you get, most beginners us the 1* sharan. See post 1 in this thread for details on healers in the classic pool.
4 stars are the backbone of the game and it is expected that a player will use 4 stars into late game due to rarity of 5 stars, and of the 4 stars there is no yellow healer at all.
Further, heroes are broken down into classes. This limits whos available in the trials and currently some of them do not have access to ANY healers! Therefore in order for all of the trials to have at least 1 healer there needs to be a Yellow 4* Paladin healer, and a 4* purple barbarian or rogue healer

Look, I’m not trying to be pedantic, but you still don’t answer why it’s needed. I’m F2P and I’ve beaten season one with a 3/60 Kashhrek as my only healer on the fight with the Dark Lord. Others have done it with only 3* heroes and skill. Healers are not needed at each * and color, but they may be wanted. Even so, the game is called “Empires and Puzzles.” Puzzles require strategy to solve.

You took Sharan as your main healer for a while because that’s who everyone begins with. Maybe that wasn’t the right choice for the puzzle you were facing. I still have my maxed Sha Ji (still hoping for that 2* raid tournament). Yes, that means I had two yellows on my team a lot of the time, but I realized it was better than taking Aife (I’m cringing at what responses that comment is going to generate) just to have a rainbow team. Sha Ji lasted me quite a while.

Eventually I picked up Hawkmoon and Belith from the free daily summons. I didn’t get Hawkmoon until much later, because I remember the frustration of trying (and failing) to go against the fire elementals in province 20 with only a green healer. So I was stuck. I worked on other things in the game and then came back when I had Hawkmoon leveled up.

The point of limiting the overall pool of heroes is to be able to present a different challenge on each level. Look at the different modes in season 2 - you’re going to have trouble on Magic Nights if you don’t have enough firepower. You’re going to start drowning if you waste too many moves generating mana underwater. The limitations on the trials make you think about how to approach it. Sometimes you don’t have any healers. Sometimes (looking at you clerics) you have too many. You’re going to need to make use of your battle items while you fill that team out. If you can beat everything just by getting the “right” heroes and hitting auto play, then what’s the point?

2 Likes

I agree that it’s not a bad thing in general that not every kind of special on a certain star level is available for every colour as it requires more strategy and thinking.

However, in particular yellow really lacks healers for mid/late game F2P/C2P. There are neither 3* nor 4* healers for yellow. Yes, there is 5* Vivica and there are Delilah and Guinevere, but it’s pretty hard to get them without paying substantial amounts of money…

Also, Vivica is the only classic 5* healer. While F2P have to be very lucky to get others (and also somewhat lucky or at least extremely patient to get Vivica), P2P often have a great variety of 5* healers (HotM, Atlantis, events).

One or two 5* heroes similar to Kiril or BT and a yellow 3* and/or 4* healer, all available in the TC, wouldn’t break the game :wink:

I don’t really get this thread. As an earlier post said, what’s the reason? It seems you want symmetry for healers. But why not then all hero’s? You want a yellow healer like rigard but how about a yellow and green Grimm/gormek/tibs hero? The list is endless especially if u add color rarity families and classes.
I got Kiril, bt, rigard, Sabina, Mel and Vivica. Mel was my 1st 4 with Kiril second. I was disappointed since I wanted 5s and hitters. Yet they save me all the c time. Only recently got rigard and Sabina I got a bit ago but she is low priority given my others.
I also don’t agree about spending va lot being only way to get them. I did get all the healers from pulls except Vivica. However I also have copies of all of them but rigard and they all came from tc20. I got Vivica from tc20 which is your best friend vs pulls.
I just don’t see why you focus on healers other than the symmetry. I noticed the different hero count for s1 as well though I didn’t look at s2 to see the count as it really doesn’t matter. What’s here is here and they work.
Finally, I used sha ji for a long time until I got belith and hawkmoon. Once I got melendor they for benched and only play in tournaments and events at rare difficulty.

2 Likes

You also say how hard it is to get 5s yet you propose adding more which only increases the mix this decreasing your chances at getting that specific hero. Vivica works in the classic hero set along with the 4 healers and the partials like Kiril,bt. As things progressed they added more healers including 4s like gaderius and there are a huge amount of 5s that heal. Again there seems to be no reason for your want other than balance of colors/effects. If you can’t pull the 4s or 5 adding more to the epic or legendary pool will decrease your overall odds. Not like you can do a healer only pool.

I see your point on the puzzle aspect of the game, its more of a balance thing I guess as there should be equal numbers of each color in the classic roster at all star levels.

Healers are ESSENTIAL in a team and they all need 1 or 2 healers out of 5, so more variety is needed. (and variety is good as it gets boring when everyone uses the same few heroes all the time).

What should be the healing color, yellow, doesnt have at staple 4* hero, so a Rigard mirror (purification) makes sense (see sabina and melindor) and would be easy for the devs to put out.

The trials absolutely need to have at least one healer per trial type, and out of the 10 all things would be satisfied with a (yellow) Paladin healer, and a (purple) barbarian or rogue healer.

So all I am asking is for 2 more 4* healers…but adding another 3* would be a good thing as well.

1 Like

There is a huge amount of 5* healers indeed, but mostly only available for those who pay. From the training camp you can only get Vivica and it’s a 1:400 chance assuming the odds of drawing a 5* are 5 % (which I doubt)

Nobody speaks of a healer only pool, but it’s easier to get a healer if there are 2 or 3 of a total of, say, 30 heroes. Also, more different heroes in the TC means that you don’t get duplicates that often.

As for now, I have at least 3 copies of every 4* hero that can be trained. I have 5x Quintus, but no Vivica. So I would be glad to have a larger pool to draw from. Even if the chance to get Viv is smaller, the chance to get any healer would be higher (also the chance to pull a purple hero different from Quintus)

Yes but I’d argue Rigard with maxed emblems is better than plain Vivica. He’s got average mana after all.

You can doubt the 5% all day long but I personally have a 5.7% rate and there is a thread going back years over thousands of pulls from TC20 which shows that it is just about 5%. Search forum for TC20 results.

I still don’t get the need for healers in every color. Again there isn’t a ramming pulverizer in every color like Grimm, Gormek, Tiburtus. Also as I said, you can get EVERY hero from S1 free. I did get some from pulls but Vivica is from TC20 and I have since gotten EVERY healer from their as well which gives me multiple copies.

I don’t know why the focus on healers. Also as the game progresses, 3* hero’s become irrelavent. Like Sha Ji at 2* you will also stop using Belith and Hawk later too. Kiril, Mel, BT, Rigard, Sabina are all used forever like the other higher healers.

Vivica is yellow, she is a healer and she is a 5*. By your argument, we should also have a red, green, blue and purple calssic healer too? I don’t get why you are arguing for lower tier hero’s.

I have an alt account that I never put a penny into. I have the only HOTM I ever got in their(Aegir, ironically a healer of sorts…LOL). I also have the 3* classics and some 4* heros like BT. If perhaps there was a reason other than balance of color people might listen but the argument of no yellow 4* is not viable.
Like I said, by that logic we should have other 5* classic healers to match Viv. There are other color healers in s2 and HOTM but they are classic.
Personally I really don’t get it. Green Mel or purple Sabina/Rigard work just fine except in the RARE cases where there is a tournament that can’t use that color or Tier. However as that feature is new, this isn’t an issue. For the regular maps, you can take any color healer. It isn’t like green only heals green or purple on purple. They heal ALL.
The one trial has literally so many healers that is should be called the Trial of NonViolence as there is it really needs to be beat with tiles or items since most have healing skills.

For the ones in favor of this yellow 4*, please give a reason why you want it. There is only Cyprian and Boril in classic 4 that do riposte yet you aren’t arguing for a rainbow squad of them or as earlier I said you have red, blue and purple ramming pulvos but no green or yellow. There are snipers of every color in classic(lianna, magni, joon, sartana and marjana) but there is only 1 Thorne (thankfully…jk…LOL).

Imagine if there were a copy of each feature in each tier and color. The hero number would get nuts. It also would ruin the game. There is no need for all color all features. That is the challenge. Like Mitsuko, she is great against blue heros like Isarnia and Frida but only cuts mana when heros aren’t blue. The matching of color, tier, skill, etc. is what makes it interesting. You have to adjust your teams. Otherwise, like the whales with every hero, you basically just load your best and know victory is yours. The challenge is in the fight.

1 Like

As I asked the other poster, can you give a REASON? First, you say yellow is the “healing color” but that make little sense. Why yellow? It is Holy but in that same color you also have hero’s that destroy. The game progresses upward not down so their is little need to add low tier hero’s. Muggy was added to s2 which was a shock but a welcome one. s2 is is where hero’s are being added and so that would be where a new healer would have a better shot at arriving. However since that is over, you have a new batch of hero’s with new skills. Also, note that s2 didn’t have anything lower than 3* since by then you are likely not using them.
S3 will likely bring a whole new batch of hero’s from 3 and up and maybe there will be a yellow healer 4 that you ask for. But then you get really specific and want it to be in a certain color, tier and class. But even more confusing is that you ask for ANOTHER purple healer that is a barbaran or rogue. You already have Rigard and Sabina at 4*. Why is there a need for ANOTHER purple healer? And why in those classes?
See my other post for other issues with this such as it seeming like the only reason for this want is to have healers in every color. But as I said, you don’t have ramming pulvos in every color, only grimm, gormek and tibs so no green or yellow there either. Would we have to add those too?

There are already nearly tons of hero’s in the game with unique skills. The other thing is the devs can’t just release a new feature at a new tier as it could upset things. If you just look at s1 with no HOTM or events, the balance is pretty good. hitters, snipers, healers, counter-attacks, etc. If everyone had every hero, this would be pretty boring. Yes I want every hero but I can also see the downside of that (though if SG wants to slide LIanna in tc20 I won’t complain…LOL). I would suggest arguing for things like the s2 heros to be added to TC20 so they aren’t locked behind a pay wall. You can get 300 coins for beating s2 on normal and 500 on hard which is 8 pulls plus you get coins for each level so you can get quite a few pulls as a f2p if you manage to beat it. However, once you do them you have no real way to generate a decent amount of coins. That is an argument I can get behind. There are several threads that ask for that very thing with many supporters.

Anyhow, if you reply, could you at least give your reasoning other than you want one of every color since that makes no sense because you only ask for healers. And you also say 1 or 2 are always needed? I can beat many levels with no healers. Others like s2 boss on hard took 3 (kiril, BT and vivca) but that is the good part I think. And BTW, Viv isn’t max, she is at 3.55 since I gave Joon my darts. I just got Justice but Viv will get the next set after Shiloh. I only mention this so you don’t think I use her often. I only used her in the boos stage. Mel and Kiril were my go to healers as I only recently got BT and maxed him and Sabina sat since I had Mel and Rigard is in the same boat since I have Viv but I will max them all soon.

Good gaming…