Heal Stealing and Overhealing

I’ve recently used Vanda and fought overhealing heroes such as Heimdall and Prof. Lidenbrock. I noticed that when Vanda steals their heal it does not come through as overhealing, the stolen heal is just a regular heal that tops off Vanda’s HP. Since there is distinction between regular heal and overheal on the card description, I was thinking it makes sense if Vanda stole overheal then she should get the stolen amount added as temporary HP.

This may or may not be a bug/issue, just like to have it clarified. If Stolen HP is only regular heal and cannot be added as temporary HP, then the card should have that as part of the description.

1 Like

I believe it’s working as intended. If Vanda steals heals, then it’s just a normal heal. Only a hero that can boost health (Like Lidenbrock and Heimdall for example), beyond the normal limit can overheal. Vanda cannot overheal without these specific heroes allies. If she could, then she’d be OP.

2 Likes

I understand your point, but when reading the card on Vanda, it says “The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to all enemies for 2 turns”, so “any” could include overhealing as well, I think it’s just how I read the cards, so it would be nice to get official clarification.

The card on Vanda could also say “The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to all enemies for 2 turns. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP”

That last part is what it’s written in most cards on heroes that can overheal. In that case it would make perfect sense that Vanda can overheal by stealing.

1 Like

If Vanda could take the overheal for herself, She’d be constantly at max health

that’s another way to clarify this. But my reading of the card is that Vanda is stealing any type of healing applied to the targets. So if the healing the target received is overhealing, then Vanda should steal it as overhealing. maybe this is not the right interpretation, i’m ok either way, just want official clarification

Even if Vanda doesn’t get the health she steals because she’s already at 100%, she still steals it. The target doesn’t keep the health Vanda steals. So the card is right. I’m convinced they never meant for her to overheal herself or it would be specifically stated in the card. Working as intended as far as I’m concerned.

This would be one way to fix Valeria and the other vampires

Notes

(🎃 Valeria - 4* Ice/ Blue from Return to Morlovia (Halloween) - #25 by Gryphonknight)

FIN

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.