🏆 Hawthorn – 5* Dark / Purple from Covenant of Champions

Be happy he didn’t had Nemesis in his team, that would partially neutralize your Hawthorn, your while team would take damage because of the mana they get every turn. At least as I understand Nemesis.

Happy gaming

Between these two I would say Hawthorn!I test him in raids and rarely lose!
Hawthorn with hands down! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Guardian Chameleon will quadruple in value if that happens, muwahahahaha!! :black_heart: :supervillain:

1 Like

:wink:

Own neither, I’ll have to watch the videos…

1 Like

Hawthorn is a pretty easy tank to counter compared to Xnolphod due to great yellow counters. Malosi shuts him down, caitlin totally wrecks, even vivica costume + d’andre leaves you very healed and them free of buffs.

I think he has good offensive abilities but doing nothing off the bat like a self-cleanse or small heal like lidenbrock means he’s still potentially doing nothing.

Hawthorn + zircon is potentially an interesting complementary healer duo

2 Likes

Well a hero can’t have it all. Be glad he isn’t monk

Just got him. I already have an LB’d Xnolphod. Now have to debate him or Afranias to ascend next. Hawthorn I think would be great in VF wars and even normal raids on offense. Think I’d keep Xnolphod on defense though

Malosi is still the best counter to date for heroes who dont do anything directly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to use that line on my wife “It’s not that I ‘don’t do anything’ I just ‘don’t do anything directly’”

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Please report, how that will work out for you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Amazing just after his release xnol gets nerfed and he’s a top replacement :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t get squidface anymore and got this guy instead.

1 Like

Tried using Hawthorn on tank and I got one shot every time. Definitely a terrible tank, unfortunately- but still an amazing offense hero.

This makes me sad lol. Especially now that Xnolphod got nerfed… any ideas? Place a taunting hero on flank?

He has a bug I posted about here.

Fought this guy for the first time in war, with my Xnolphod/Ludwig/Congalach offense team, and lost. My own fault because only brought one hitter (Congalach) and didn’t realize Hawthorn reflects Congalach’s attack reduction too. I got my 9 purples, fired Xnolphod and Ludwig, and then Congalach. He reduced his own attack by 90% and it goes without saying I was unable to win at that point even though I had him fire indefinitely from Ludwig and Xnolphod. No problem, I’ll bring a dispeler or a hitter that doesn’t use debuffs next time. That reflect is annoying as heck though.

3 Likes

I just used him for the first time as a tank in war and got multiple 0’s against me.

3 Likes

Curious, who did you have on flank / wing? I might be using the wrong heroes.

1 Like

Im tanking him in my raid defense in reverse formation. Flanks are El Nad and Khufu, wings are Hanitra and Quenell. It keeps me constantly over 2700 cups.

From left to right: El Naddaha, Director Zuri, Hawthorn, Octros, Sobek. Arrow Barrage war.

1 Like