Have you used the search function?

I would like to propose a notification that pops up before any new topic is created that simply says “Have you used the search function and keywords section to see if your topic has been posted before?”
I myself have certainly been guilty of this in the past, mostly due to incorrect phrasing, but it feels like most topics have already been created in one way or another. It would certainly help people get answers to questions and cut down on our poor mods having to constantly merge topics. Hopefully this topic hasn’t been proposed before. If so, I’ll have to remove myself from the forum.

Sort of already exists…

But please don’t remove yourself from the forum!

7 Likes

Speaking of searching first… :wink:

3 Likes

No I saw that @Sarah2. My suggestion is to put a pop up in after you choose your category for your topic. It would be full screen and just have the phrase in the OP and two buttons that say Yes, continue or No, let me try that.

@TGW why don’t I see that? What platform are you using? I don’t get that on my mobile.

4 Likes

Ohh, okay. I’m using a desktop PC to post here. :grin:

Much easier than trying to chat on my phone.

3 Likes

Haha! That’s what I figured. I thought maybe if I turned my phone sideways?

1 Like

LOL, might work? Might also depend on what kind of phone you’re using. If I posted here strictly from my phone, no way would I be able to create all of my memes or type 5000 word long diatribes about how awful RNG is (well I probably still could, but it would take me hours instead of minutes). :laughing:

2 Likes

That only works on desktop, and laptop, computers.

Smartphones do not have that feature.

3 Likes

Forum is 3rd party software.

Forum features should be suggested at

(https://meta.discourse.org/c/feature/2)

4 Likes

Good to know!

So essentially… and I simultaneously apologize and cringe as I post this… PC master race :laughing:

Seriously though, it is so much easier for me to play around with forum stuffs on PC… the ability to use a full sized keyboard alone is 1000x better than dealing with my fat fingers and autocorrect on my phone.

I’m old school like that. :grin:

Extra extra bonus? I can post on the forum on my PC while autoplaying the game on my phone. :+1:

3 Likes

Perhaps if someone with a better mind than mine likes the idea enough, they can take it further. I’m not a discourse user and to be honest I’m technologically handicapped so I’d probably only embarrass myself. But thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

But you are the perfect feedback.

Discourse.org is designed to make discussions easier.

If only advanced forum users can use a basic feature, the basic feature needs improvement.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is exactly the kind of QOL feedback that companies not named SGG pay attention to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

With the fourm there is a language of e&p its not always as easy as it can be.
It’s easy to search for a hero and read up about them but some subjects can be the same worded different.
Even the other day I flagged somthing that could be a merge @littleKAF we spoke In our conversation I said atlantis coins but he searched for atlantis tokens.
:woman_shrugging: Wording in the search can be different

1 Like

Yup. I said the exact same thing in my OP.

1 Like

Maybe adding tags would help make things easier to search for. Tagging “coins” and “tokens” would be found with either. Lot of work to do so though.

I believe I requested this in my #anaudiencewith interview :stuck_out_tongue:

How DARE Discorse not read it & implement by now!!

4 Likes

I had no idea this was third party software. That’s how out of the loop I am. If it wasn’t for discobot I’d be helpless. And that’s not saying much!

2 Likes