Have we lost 30% of regular players?

This is F2P account that only took one shot a the Mythic Titan to see player base. This seems to be a massive drop from the 1.5M that used to play weekly RTs which is now down to 1.2ish Mil.

This MT barely broke 1.05M (unless there is +150K that score less than 800 points).

We might be closing in on 30% drop in regular players…from what I can see.

Being in a top 10-20 alliance, it has been interesting to see how many players have left in the last 2 months and how much harder the top alliances seem to be recruiting.

Looking at other data (that has its own flaws), we can see the “30 cuppers”** are down to 2,229,484 as of today. That is down from 2,674,080 since January 2021.

I can say that after 2.5+ years of heavy spending, my spending has been cut drastically. They have introduced almost as many new heroes this year as the first 2 years combined not to mention all of the new content. I used to be extremely pro-SG, but as someone who data collects info on heroes, I find that I can’t even keep up with my excels any more as they just keep pumping out more and more heroes.

@Mr.Spock and I got into that conversation here:
Are there too many new heroes and events?? A discussion with Empires and Puzzles Books and Mr. Spock - YouTube

**I analyzed the “30 cuppers” back in June:
Is Empires & Puzzles Dying or Flatlining? — Empires and Puzzles Books - YouTube

19 Likes

This is very interesting reading and along with the possible company structuring by Zyng is likely compounding the fall off the platform!! It’s a matter of time

Wow this is very interesting to know. I was unaware of this as I have been a player since early 2020.

Its no surprise that the players a getting fed up and leaving the game. will be interesting to see how much more it drops next mystic.

1 Like

There is another very interesting thread about this.

About your numbers with myth Titan, yes there are always a lot of people doing no damage or super little at all, just attacking once and fleeing instantly so the total number of participants is a little bit higher.

And I would say it’s normal that events, no matter which, start strong and over time loose participants. May it be that people loose interest or at the beginning more people with duplicate accounts play it with all accounts and reduce their engagement.

We have seen a drop in tournaments, we have seen a drop with myth Titan over time, but not a few weeks ago over 1.4 Mio people participated in the alliance quest. It was new and people played it, I’m sure we will see a decrease there too. And if there is a completely new event numbers of participants will rise again.

9 Likes

I have noticed the same trend.
On second or third mythic titan I was ranked around 15k and managed to be best 1%.
In the present one I was around 11,8k and was only best 5%.

1 Like

I don’t know how many people are playing. I can offer a different perspective that’s an alternative to the group think.

If the rewards do not justify the time, participation will go down.

An expected response: “All you have to do is click on it and flee one time, and you’ll still get rewards”.

An expected reply: “I don’t need another regular summons token and a wooden practice sword, I’m gonna do something else”.

9 Likes

Or put this to sleep and SG tells us the numbers lol. There the ones that truly know.

1 Like

4 Likes

Mythic Titan participation has been low/dropping. My post was from September. If global players are like my alliance many hit it the first time it came around and now don’t bother.

Did my usual 1 flag with Zero attack.

October 2021 982,965
September 2021 1083,016
August 2021 1103,622
July 2021 1124,392
June 2021 1175,178
May 2021 1236,563

12 Likes

Can more than one player hold the same rank?

I had top 1% at 10,991 place.

I don’t think MT will give an accurate account of active player base. I am an active player and participate in most events except the MT (and towers) so won’t show up on MT rankings.

2 Likes

Great job BlackZed. I like such consistently kept statistics and calculations. This clearly shows that the number of players is declining, and the raid tournaments also confirm this trend. A lot of people have lost their enthusiasm for the game. They remain the most persistent and those who have devoted a lot of time or money, in a word, addicted. Anyway, let’s face it. If someone new comes to the game, they have a very long way to go to the top and the amount of different events etc. in the game can overwhelm them.

4 Likes

What I’m trying to get at is if my alliance did the same hit one time and flee on zero. Would we all hav the same rank.

Way too much content and too many heroes. Too many pop up offers to spend money. Very little to keep me interested because even with all the new content and heroes, the game is boring and once you understand their Gacha scheme, spending money chasing heroes loses its attraction as well.

8 Likes

Other than the obvious glut of heroes that have been dumped on us repeatedly, there are also many other reasons for people leaving.

1. Actual P2P being introduced (e.g. Magic Tower and upcoming updated Ninja Tower) where you literally cannot complete it unless you spend gems to do so.
  2. Cynical business practices like releasing costumes for existing heroes, essentially making you have to pull for the heroes twice
  3. Peer pressure tactics (e.g. Mythic Titan bundles, Event quest) which creates even more disharmony amongst alliance members.
  4. New events just dropped out of the blue, often with little notice, making people unprepared in participating in them and/or unable to budget for their pulls in those events.
  5. Randomized Limit breaker loot where you can put in a lot of effort to place in a tournament/ event only to be screwed by RNG aka ‘the @Xero786
  6. SG’s repeated refusal to punish cheaters with an outright ban of their account. Wanna cheat? You can have a 1 week ban and be back.

Honestly why even bother with Mythic Titan? You spend $10 to get those 2 packs to be able to spew lots of highly expensive battle items for what? A couple of extra emblems?

32 Likes

my spending has been cut big time as well, when the new stuff started i was excited, now it seems a sign of bad things for the game, there’s no chance to keep up, and who would want to? i have better things to do with my money. this game used to bring a lot of joy and escape, now it’s turning into a job just to try and keep up. There has to be a mindset change on what this game is now, still fun, but seems like the end is coming, SG/Zynga has treated the player base as a cow to milk for too long. very little QoL or feeling they care about their customers. maybe a mea culpa will be coming, but it may already be to late. I’ve never been in to games, whether system or phone, looks like i’ll have to try and remember what my old hobbies were before this game!

3 Likes

I don’t think it helps that MT is quite boring, time consuming and not great loot.

4 Likes