Have we lost 30% of regular players?

Less people play → harder to get into 1%, 5%, etc. tiers.

People who don’t hit this special titan for at least 1hp (even if they are in alliances fighting this titan) are not included in final count for tiers. My best 1-hit score on it was for whole 2 days in top 10%, no matter whether I was on place no. 25k or place no. 70k.

Effort / prize ratio is too high to keep players involved.

I think one of the major factors is the effort vs rewards just doesn’t match up. When tourneys were first introduced the rewards were just crazy over done and then people complained and they scaled it back too far.

Also, whales will always have the major advantage no matter how the rewards are structured. Instead of leading to more engagement it happens to have the opposite effect to a degree.

Add on top of that the crazy sheer number of events & heroes that they’ve added just in the last 6 months alone makes it more difficult to keep up, especially if you are not sitting on at least 50 - 100 WE Flasks.

3 Likes

Thank you for talking openly about this… The things really started to escalate quickly for mid-range spenders like myself few months ago… Suddenly, my 250-300€ per month could not cover even a tiny portion of new content they started throwing at us. That is the moment I decided to cut back. Now my spending is just a tiny portion what it had been until recently.

Knowing it’s tough for you as well kind of strengthen my position further. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

5 Likes

Mythic titan is my least favorite event. I do it on my main account for my alliance but even so we are nowhere near top 1k so I don’t play my two alts.

I personally cut my spending down to 85%.
Why
Not sure what to go for. Overwhelming output of OP heroes

2 Likes

I do see player participation down… in competitive / contest based activities !

Personally, I experienced HIGH playing FATIGUE about 3-4 weeks back & when I probed further, I saw main factors contributed to that situation was:

• Rushed / high time requirements to complete MANY in-game activities within short time span.
  • Pulls got me heroes but mats weren’t there… So won’t be able to use these heroes…

So,

• I slowed down & let events pass after simply completing them.
  • Mythic Titan hits were regular & fine if that kept me in 1% … loot has mostly been crap & few emblems less didn’t make any difference.
  • Regular titan & war hits need not become pressure points & funnily, the output of these hits has been better :rofl:
  • I didn’t need to complete quests immediately.
  • No pulls & zero interest in Balbar helped … though got him from 4 underwild coin pulls I did to complete the bonus chest to see if it gave 4* mat :rofl:

I have seen on this forum / in-alliance, many emotional out-bursts, especially in the last 4 weeks…
&
I did contemplate taking a break too… which I am sure many from the million player base may have also experienced with varied decisions taken !

TODAY, I am now enjoying the game more than 3-4 weeks back by implementing certain practical changes viz my engagement with the game & I plan to reduce further !

• November is #NoSpend & haven’t renewed my ViP.
  • December might be the same, unless I feel worth trying for a copy of Hanitra, if she doesn’t come from free pulls via saved EHTs, Underwild, Legend coins …
  • January-2022 looks to be the same…

While SG seems to have made some COSMETIC noises / actions… would like to see more practical stuff that significantly improve - galvanise a Player’s QoL …

Lets see !

6 Likes

My hope is that they realize what they’re doing isn’t working so they’ll eventually decide to prioritize QoL improvements.

If they eventually do this I’d probably reward them for it through participation and spending.

3 Likes

yes. for example:

september example:

This was for October 2021. I am monitoring MT participation for a few months now.

1-3 November 1060,146
October 982,965
September 1083,016

You can scroll up for the other months. I posted them earlier.

Damn, why would anyone complain about that??

2 Likes

We all like to “go somewhere” in term of rankings, cups, or whatever measurement one uses. I pay vip for two builders so I can unlock buildings and their new features faster. That’s “going somewhere” for me. (You won’t find me paying for a 3.3 % chance to pull a legendary hero.)

It’s good to see players relaxing a bit and beginning to enjoy the game again. Some can’t do that. Honestly this game feeds on those who will spend for the best heroes, the best rankings, the best alliances, etc., and that’s a good thing. That supports the game and those players need to be kept engaged doing what they like to do.

But, it’s a balancing act. We may be seeing the point where some players have simply tired of the game, some realize they aren’t “going somewhere” fast enough for their tastes, or some see they will never “go somewhere”.

2 Likes

Because of course the rewards were even crazier in the top 1% only. Literally 150 of each type of emblem which benefits whales the most.

1 Like

Does it really matter though? They are in a different league altogether. Idk, maybe you hope to be there someday and wish they’d slow down, but for virtually the rest of the entire player base, being there is never going to happen. Those guys recycle 5* like they are grocery bags. Imo let them have their fun. They are the pros in our game. I think I’d pay gems to see some replays of their battles.

1 Like

MT sucks. I usually just use 1 flags to get in top 5 or 1 then I quit. It’s boring.

It’s hopeless…
Look at the new generation asking for costumes:

Took this generation too long to catch on.
Spending money to connect tiles must make it difficult to connect dots.

Seriously though:

What is this about?!?
This is the first I’ve heard.
Not only do I compete with oil barons and bank tycoons. But I’ve also been getting cheated?! Seriously…!!

2 Likes

One question is what activities track “regular players” best. Certainly some players who are feeling fatigued will start deprioritizing the events they like least, especially when there are so many (and some are seen as being less return on investment of time/money/game resources, or even just… oddly enough… less fun).

Of course, another question is how much interest there is in maintaining or growing the playerbase per se…

Oh it was just a Random comment. These rumours may tower over others. Some times you rely on others to get the job done. If you know, you know.

Participation has dropped in my alliance lately. I think it has a lot to do with the opening up of the economy. Many people have less time now for a video game as they reconnect in real life and get back into their regular workday routine. There are so many factors involved in player participation that we cannot know for sure. No doubt many are becoming disinterested and stopping, others are cutting back due to in-game fatigue with the content overload (this would be me), and yet others are cutting back due to real life restarting again. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re lost to the game.

I personally have never had much interest in mythic titans or the towers from their introduction, and I am participating even less in them now than when they were introduced. I still enjoy wars and I have an intense love-hate relationship with raiding.

6 Likes

Also, MT is accessible only if you’re in an alliance. The numbers might indicate an evolution, not a total number of active players.

3 Likes