Have prices changed? (see link for affected countries) -- Staff Response Post #34

Is it ok if we import game to android phone and do the purchase in playstore and import it back to iPhone ? I really don’t wanna pay extra for the same deal which costs less for others :blush:

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be ok, it’s your choice what platform to use, or to use both. It’s basically the same thing than to go to a different store to buy a new phone than usual cause you get it cheaper in the other one.

This is completely not true at all. You act like there is no other single player playing this game whom releases iOS apps. The pricing on Apps are controlled by Publisher, not Apple.

Apple’s commission and tax value’s are already auto defined. You as a publisher control the prices and you have freedom to adjust prices independently on every country, Apple store has this built in functionality.

4 Likes

The publisher sets price according to tiers. Tiers are priced by apple. Brazil and a couple other countries were affected by this raise in price. This was all over the internet this Monday. I just didn’t expect it to be so soon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/canaltech.com.br/amp/ios/apple-anuncia-aumento-de-mais-de-30-nos-precos-da-app-store-no-brasil-173654/

That was a great idea. At least until play store updates their prices too :pensive:

@Petri
If Apple was the one who raised their price then if we have an Android Phone as well can you have the IPhone gamecenter account linked to an Android phone?

I have two iPhones that work seamlessly with the game, is it possible with Android + iPhone?

This increase affect Brazil and other 7 countrys.

This us not a Small Giant increase… this is an Apple BS increase…

Apple increase 30%

in Russia, they raised Apple prices to 100 rubles per dollar, which was 20% higher than in the country, so whoever plays on apple either switch to Android or play with less donation

1 Like

If anyone wants to read through Apples official announcement themselves. It’s 3 days old. This one is, indeed, on Apple.

Countries affected by the price increase are Albania, Brazil, Colombia, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa.

4 Likes

It’s not possible , because there is a competition between players and while one is paying less when other pay more for same offer can break the balance , also some people of course will change their location to pay less just like they do once.

But I would really like see that SG , at least make Vip price independently as you said.

Edit: I live in Turkey and when I started this game Vip was 14 Try and it’s now 45 Try. So I’m no longer can afford it because while it increases my income doesn’t.

2 Likes

Well that’s really unfortunate news for iOS Player. Especially with quite a high increase for any in game purchases.

Best way is yeah any cheap Android phone for just this game :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

increasing prices on all doesn’t change this.

plus, i don’t know about apple but Google play protects against changing countries over 1 time a year so it can’t be exploited.

it was already expensive in my country and now it is more…

Due to Apple’s latest adjustments, we will be adjusting Android prices on Monday to keep the prices consistent between the platforms.

We have now published the following announcement:

2 Likes

Now it will be more expensive for all thanks to this post. If in Argentina its difficult to buy even a cheap offer i cant imagine now after the fix. Maybe i couldnt buy anymore. Its time to go f2p

2 Likes

If I’m getting it right, the Android price increase to match the iOS prices, will “only” affect players from Albania, Brazil, Colombia, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa? As those are the countries affected by Apples recent announcement. Or will it be an increase for everyone?

2 Likes

Yes, it should only affect these countries.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

Good gaming for everyone

1 Like

Ha, yep! Everyone who complained here about Apples prices going up while Android was cheaper, now get to enjoy them going up for Android too!

Way to go guys - this forum just keeps on giving!

/not impacted by this
//enjoy watching forum complainers face karma
///not you @Lexxtarc - others.

4 Likes

So basically you had two options:

1. You can simply change tier for those specific countries that have way worse economic conditions compared to us Europeans or our US friends and lower the tier’s to 1 below tier so the game could still be played to full potential in those countries.
  2. Enjoy the additional profit by simply using this chance to increase Android prices :smiley:

Some may say Option 1 will create in balance, I beg to disagree strongly. As in reality, there is already an in balance within this game as it is Pay to Win game already. On top of that we have way more income compared to other mentioned countries which also creates an in balance.

Not surprising at all for a company that doesn’t care about customer retention at all. Don’t get me wrong, for this one I can accept but still hoped to see better.

8 Likes

As mentioned above, that would create arbitrage-like opportunities as people change countries to make purchases. For most, there would be little gain. But for the whales who shell out hundreds or thousands, it’d be highly profitable to find a way.

Keeping it equitable seems the least-likely to encourage shenanigans. Also, there are plenty of unemployed and poor folks in both Europe and the US - those regions aren’t immune to COVID issues.

1 Like