Have prices changed? (see link for affected countries) -- Staff Response Post #34

Good day to all,

In this morning the current Halloween promotion for the Brazilian currency was R$ 37.90 (USD 6.63) and now in the afternoon has changed to R$ 54.90 (USD 9.61). All other prices have also increased. And for you, has the price also increased?

Thanks,
IkkeGamming

Sadly, yes, for some it was increased:

1 Like

If these gems are not mined by the dwarves in the underground workshops, and the SG does not pay the dwarves bags of gold for their extraction, it would be wise to lower the price of the gems.
They have no idea how much profit the price cut would bring them. The overwhelming majority of the population of my country with a monthly income of $ 200-300 cannot pay the price they are asking for.
Of course, this is their decision by raising prices to cut their profits. In pursuit of a high price tag, cut off a huge number of potential buyers.
But this is not a very smart decision.

3 Likes

As a Brazilian player I will not spend in this game anymore. That´s ridiculous…Apple raises the prices and Android users are affected as well? SG…shame on you.

7 Likes

Wow it’s happening.

What a greedy bast*rd. Thank you. Won’t spend any more for sure.

Instead of lowering the price on Apple so it is same as Android. They are taking profit by raising the price for Android also. Wow just wow!!!

4 Likes

Hello all. I’ve opened my shop today and for my surprise, 30 day VIP basically DOUBLED its price. I think I’ve paid R$15,00 last time but now it’s almost R$30. Same for 400 gems offer and 10k gems also is increased by more than R$150… I’ll try to find screenshots.

Not mentionin 1 year VIP… more than a hundred of Reais more expensive. Even the 100 gem offer got a big increase.

I’m shocked… None other games that I play had those increases. Did other countries had such values adjusted? It probly is adjusted based on US dollars but could not you check and think better? Poor brazilians, dang.

I don’t want to set a price on other people products but doubling prices could at least have a warning first?.. Wow. I’ve became F2P after Telluria fiasco but who knows but now… Almost a half minimum wage for 1 year VIP. some rational explanation for that or they just wanted to make it more expensive?

NOW:

OCTOBER:

2 Likes

Hi. This has been discussed here: Have prices changed? (see link for affected countries) -- Staff Response Post #34.

Merge?

2 Likes

Thanks God my salary is in CHF :slight_smile:
But feel really sorry for my Brazilian colleagues :sob:
It is not fair !

4 Likes

Yeah kinda ridiculous… Doubling prices and then say “oh Apple wanted so we did for everyone”. A bag of unfairness but since I won’t spend anyway I’m not hurt.

Feeling a lot sorry for my country colleagues as well. Not fair.

3 Likes

I think the price change for Indonesia is unreliable, as the currency as of today is stable at IDR 15,000.00. :roll_eyes: Therefore, SG should maintain the price policy used per August 2020 (IDR 15,000.00 + 10% tax).

SG must not follow Apple on money rate, instead they should ask each National Bank Reserve.

Image per November 5th, 2020 08:18 PM

1 Like

Not only unfair, but also ridiculous. for my country, USD-IDR is still stable at IDR 15,000.00 each USD despite October Coronavirus Bearish.

Hmmm🤔… i’m Android user, and prices changed for me too, so i’m sure isn’t just a question of platform

I post in September about an increase of 30% in Mexico. Two days later Android has been adjusted too. I’m glad to see finally an explanation. Even if I hate the explanation…

They raised the prices of android users to match ios users so it would be “fair”. Real explanation was that ios users could transfer to android to make the purchase for less and then back.

1 Like

This is absurd :slight_smile: Current rate in my country 1$ = 78.95 RUB, but we have

Hmmm … you’re right, I didn’t thought about this, this makes sense

Uh oh, things are getting out of control more and more in this game, to be honest i don’t spend money on the game, just the VIP once in a while, but as my buildings are well advanced, so i don’t need to use the VIP anymore, so this price change didn’t affect me directly, but i totally understand that these prices have become abusive for those who spend money on the game, i’m sorry for those who spend money, because now they will have to spend much more, but for F2P and C2P the life remains normal. P.S. I’m Brazilian, our economy sux like hell, everything is very expensive here, and now with the new prices, i bet many players will become a F2P, just to give you an idea, now the VIP price is the same as a can of milk for my son … good luck to everyone who will continue spending

2 Likes

Well, my prices has been 0 € since the release of Hero Academy, i didn’t saw any difference so far :man_shrugging:

Prices are not the same in all countries. And this since the beginning of the game.European people have been always paying more than other countries for instance.
Fairness is a strange concept that is detected differently by people.
Euro is stronger than USD so why have I to pay more euros than US people pay in dollars for same service?
Regarding Brazil, you are in a good shape too. Salaries are good in Brazil. Nothing to do with Guatemala o Mexico.
Obviously your point of view about faireness is different than mine. People in Mexico have a daily salary arround 4 dollars. Asking them to pay 80USD instead of 100USD in US for 10K gems is unfair. You’re true, that’s a shame how SG can be so unfair with US people?
Wait …
Let’s take the problem at reverse. Is it fair for people earning 80 dollars per month to pay 80 dollars when US people pay only 100 for the same when the minimum salary here is 7,25 USD per hour?

I agree with this, just have to correct 1 week by 4.

Almost agree, but when you decide to spend at some price, is it fair that on next day, Apple or SG says, you like the game? Ok let’s increase by 30/50% prices.

You’re right but it is our responsibility to warn players about the risks they took when spending in such “Free games”, it is our responsibility to say “Hey SG, any plan one day to respect your community”.
That’s the point.

Fairness i a nice concept. But in a game where people spend according to their capacity, fairness just doesn’t exits. Top 100 is here to remember you that money rules the world. And unfortunately rule free games too…

@AlexMex
Prices are not the same in all countries. And this since the beginning of the game.European people have been always paying more than other countries for instance.
Fairness is a strange concept that is detected differently by people.
Euro is stronger than USD so why have I to pay more euros than US people pay in dollars for same service?
Regarding Brazil, you are in a good shape too. Salaries are good in Brazil. Nothing to do with Guatemala o Mexico.
Obviously your point of view about faireness is different than mine. People in Mexico have a daily salary arround 4 dollars. Asking them to pay 80USD instead of 100USD in US for 10K gems is unfair. You’re true, that’s a shame how SG can be so unfair with US people?
Wait …
Let’s take the problem at reverse. Is it fair for people earning 80 dollars per month to pay 80 dollars when US people pay only 100 for the same when the minimum salary here is 7,25 USD per hour?

*Here in Switzerland is much better package of 10k gems costs 100CHF however i could still argue that CHF is stronger than USD :slight_smile:emphasized text

1 Like