Have a break - have a Kit Kat! Music and 🍺 corner

Makes me think of this golden oldie

4 Likes

Sounds like… :thinking:

2 Likes

Too soon?

:soccer:

6 Likes

Not really, was in superstore on the 12th and they had advent calendars out and xmas songs playing, at least they waited for afterward remembrance day/veterans day unlike Costco. They start like mid October with xmas stuff :man_facepalming:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Definitely the same piano riff and guitar too

1 Like

How did you like it?

6 Likes

When Kid released “All Summer Long”, I remember that many ranted because of “Sweet Home Alabama.” But the similarities were obviously intentional. Apparently nobody had thought of “Werewolves”?

Wikipedia says “It was inspired by Bob Seger’s song “Night Moves”, and also samples “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd and “Werewolves of London” by Warren Zevon”

5 Likes

RIP Wilko Johnson. Amazing guitar style, amazing person.

Saw Dr. Feelgood in a sweaty University hall in the mid 70’s … still one of my best gigs ever.
RIP

5 Likes

Some consider the cover to be an improved version of the original.

5 Likes

Now now!!! That’s just a !!!

One of the best ever :green_heart::turtle:

I think this is my fav

What a band! Out of this world!!

5 Likes

And the last but not the least! After 50 years of magic!!!

5 Likes

Back at ya!

4 Likes

That’s absolutely great :heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Christmas is near! Hardly more than a day until the first Advent. Here is one of my favorite Christmas carols.

3 Likes
3 Likes

that time of year already?

I only believe in 2* christmas songs…

*totally not true, but we’ll get to more… hopefully

4 Likes

Rip Eddie :green_heart:

3 Likes

Can someone explain 5/4 to me?

I’m music illiterate but I gather 5/4 is irregular and I’m so confused

And they sound great

3 Likes

5/4 is actually not that weird. The number on the bottom just gives you an idea about how time is counted. the most common are 4, 8 and 2. 4 is essentially counted on the downbeat. 8 is easier to hear than explain – it’s kind of a rolling pattern. So each beat is 3 equal sub-beats… kind of. It will give you a feeling of waves or swaying. 2 I don’t remember well, but is more equal weighted beats I think?

The number on top will give you the number of beats per measure and you emphasize the first in a measure. Since most, for simplicity let’s say ‘pop’, music is in 4/4, that will feel “natural” to you. It’s counted 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Generally, then, you expect the emphasis every 4 beats. 5/4 will just feel weird because of the extra beat.

Then you get into multi-meter and polyrhythms. Multi-meter will have the time signature change, often frequently. So you might have a couple measures of 4/4 followed by one of 5/4, then back to 4/4 [yes, you could go from say 4/4 to 6/8 and back as well].

Polyrhythm is one I’m still trying to grasp… i forget who the drummer is hear-abouts; they could probably do this more justice. I think the gist of it is that different members of the band will be playing in their own time signatures and they sync up.

These sorts of change-ups and weirdnesses are common… where? prog rock and prog metal :slight_smile:. also jazz i believe.

Tool does a lot of polyrhythm. Bands like Nightwish and Dream Theater do a lot of time signature changes and just weird meters in general.

Now everyone else can point out all the inaccuracies in my ramblings! :rofl:

7 Likes