Have a break - have a Kit Kat! Music and đŸș corner

I noticed it. I should have posted first and then read your post. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry I distracted u
 :biting_lip:

2 Likes

To be fair, Eurovision has always been more about politics than about music. At least this time it lead to a positive outcome.

2 Likes

Weeell, the only Belgian song to ever top the US charts is this one, so it could be worse. Apologies to the world on behalf of my country.

It remains unclear if the double entendre is intentional or not (i.e. Dominique-nique-nique, “nique” meaning “f**k” in French).

We do, however, occasionally produce good music.

1 Like

There are these guys too, but somehow I get the sense that it isn’t a great fit. :joy:

3 Likes

My brain has been unhealthily attached to Epicus Doomicus Metallicus the last couple of days, so perhaps sharing will act as a form of exorcism. A little doom metal for you

5 Likes

Stumbled across this today and thought it was great on multiple levels.

Filmed in Kyiv and dedicated to Ukrainians

Florence playing “herself” and Bill Nighy playing Florence’s “Anxiety”

And as a side note, notice how Bill’s fingers are curled into his palm?
IMG_5756

This is because he has a common, but little talked about, condition called “Dupuytren’s Contracture” which can cause one or more fingers to curl (contract), in toward your palm.

I have it - its actually a great excuse when I do badly at war - I just blame it on my bendy fingers :rofl:

7 Likes
4 Likes

You are a Viking @Steve9999

How cool is that :green_heart::turtle:

Explains the “pirate blood”

In his 1963 book, the Australian hand surgeon John Hueston wrote, “Dupuytren’s contracture is virtually confined to people of European descent”

I :green_heart: history

Oh! That takes me to another question! Were Vikings “pirates” - probably not! I’ll Wikipedia :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh! That takes me to another question! Were Vikings “pirates” - probably not!

:face_with_monocle:

Piracy is an act of robbery, criminal violence of other war-like acts that are committed at the sea by private parties that are not affiliated with any government. This term does not describe the crimes that are for instance committed by passengers on one single ship, but it refers to the raids of organized criminal groups across the sea, shore, land and air. Piracy came into existence shortly after the creation of first organized naval trading in the early 2nd century BC, but it received major growth and public popularization after the discovery of the New World and trade routes to India. It is important to distinguish difference between pirates who operated in the search of money and riches, and privateers , who were government sanctioned parties that fought at sea against hostile countries.

6 Likes

By definition even you could be a pirate @Luna , all you need to do is mug somebody on the next canoe you come across and you’re both in legal trouble and a pirate! Congrats! :partying_face:

Scratch that, it appears you will need to take @Steve9999 and @Harlikwen with you so that you are a “group”. Otherwise you would just be a “mugger”.

6 Likes

That is (I guess) the ‘official’ definition

I wonder if that was the ‘modern’ and ‘politicised’ definition! It’s just my personality @Yomagn-tho ! I just like questioning everything :upside_down_face:

Maybe, the first pirates were ‘free’ men who believed in ‘no authority’ ‘no politics’ and wanted ‘free speech’ and were simply forced out of their countries :joy::rofl:

Questions questions

4 Likes

Yay

I AM a pirate :green_heart::turtle::green_heart::turtle::green_heart::turtle::green_heart::turtle:

5 Likes

What do you think @Steve9999 and @Harlikwen

We would be a cracking team!!!

And by the way, @AncientPirate1 is also joining us

:green_heart::turtle:

5 Likes

I :green_heart: this guy

I wanna meet him one day :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

And down the Wikipedia rabbit hole she goes. See you in 20 years @Luna! :joy:

5 Likes

You watched the wikipedia song too! :laughing: A lot of videos in this thread, took me a moment to remember where I heard the “20 years” from :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Deal @NicoX

In 20 years, I’ll be an ‘old’ lady but I will still be dancing in my kitchen lol

5 Likes

Wait, did you check all those boxes? It sounds like a lot of work.

I’m fine with robbery, criminal violence and war-like acts, but the sheer logistics of committing all of it at sea turn me off big time.

5 Likes

That’s not quite ‘evidence-based’ as one would hope! But that’s the best we have - I guess!

1 Like