Has SG 100% nerfed color stacking?

A very disappointing article frankly.

I am no expert on RNG. I know just enough to get me in trouble. I am, however, an engineer. Graduated from university and everything.

This article is written as an answer to a question from a 17 year old. It is EXTREMELY basic and does not explain anything really on the subject. It also has the statement “on a completely deterministic machine”. I’ve never seen such a device. The whole article reads like a wikipedia entry.

I weep for my profession.

3 Likes

Ok for the sake if end this round in a circle pointless discussion cusde I have haf just enough either not understanding a word I say or just plain as your are very clearly stuck to only 1 part of how an RNG works using math anagrams that I have never questioned and agree with 100% which I have said a dozen times and the repeatativeness of your continued persistance is truly boring me now.

So yes you are 100% correct and I am 100% wrong and thus have nothing esle to say on the matter and you guys can go on leading this forums members and believing that everyone else on the internet is wrong.

You have any idea how ? That sounds.

Over and out

I’m not quite convinced that a math anagram is completely random.

1 Like

100% nerfed.

Also— what a way to start a war…

Dumb boards not giving blue tiles. Sigh.

5 Likes

Oh oh oyeah… I forgot to mention… that was my 3rd war flag. I went like this:

1- Green Mono - Won in 4 turns
2- Yellow Mono - Won in 4 turns
3- Blue Mono - Won in 2 turns. (Obviously, with that board, you can see why)

It’s all RNG. And it was very very kind to me. I’ve also gone 100% mono on raids the past two days and won 11/12 raids each day.

2 Likes

Removed by owner due to a total misread of TP.
My bad guys and I am sorry.

1 Like

They have NOT nerfed color stacking.

Just killed a Kash tank team in war that was ~400 TP higher than the team I used, with field aid, using only 2 reds. Kash folded like a cheap suit. :laughing:

I’m usually a rainbow guy, but I think I’m going to color stack more often.

Lol at 4900 TP

20 tp…

1 Like

“1,400 TP difference”

Someone didn’t watch the video he posted…

Someone has level 99 troops to get 4* to 4900TP! I call hax!?!?

LOL 4900 was the number of raid tournament trophies. Not team power. Team power difference between the two teams was negligible at best. :roll_eyes:

WOW I totally don’t know how I mixed up cups and TP. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 Likes

4900 TP would have been insane. :open_mouth: I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

2 Likes

Only recently seen a few 4300 TP.

1 Like

Yeah that’s around the highest I’ve ever seen. I didn’t even know team power went above 4500 :open_mouth: (it probably doesn’t, but I could be wrong, what with emblems and level 99 troops and all)

1 Like

It would be really sensible (and easy to implement) to use some sort of sigmoidal curve for damage relative to increasing total attack power less defense.

There are a great many ways Small Giant might have chosen to implement the damage equation. Why, in particular, they chose the current method is a little unclear.

The closest I’ve ever heard to a formal opinion was this write-up by @Coppersky from the 2017 Ask Me Anything:

SG probably nerfed color stacking, but not in a straight forward way - nowdays RNG works in favour of strongest player (not strongest team on board). As from your previous post, its clear that you have very high team score and your opponent are pretty weak, so you got advantage from SG RNG. Same for usual raids, your team score most likely are in top 1%, so you almost always will be in right side :slight_smile:

Reason why its so is pretty simple - to get more money… nobody with OP 5* teams don’t like to be raided by 4* teams, its bad for business to disappoint paying players.

And I didn’t get to that conclusion from few posts, I have my own experience with more than 5k raid wins.

1 Like

How exactly are you observing who the “strongest player” is, if not from the teams on the board? After all, there’s no way to see the roster of an opponent unless they publish it…

I strongly disagree. RNG is not nerfed on stacking, and I choose to believe the developers.

The only reason I am able to survive (some) bad, mediocre boards is because I have built my teams up to be resilient. I still lose horribly on abysmal & (most) bad boards. It’s RNG. I deal.

I lost my first 3 in the raid tournament and haven’t lost since. Skill, team composition and the understanding that the RNG is as the developers stated.

I can also defeat ANY top tier team with a team of 4* (not even emblemed up).
RNG isn’t nerfed.

Cookie Settings