Has sartana aged badly in this current meta?

Yes, that sounds about right. Collective nouns now, that would be a jolly topic for another thread, possibly in Community Content. Probably find it’s been done already though.

3 Likes

Tyr is the only other red 5* sniper in the game, but yeah…Marjana is still very useful right now.

1 Like

Tyr deals 285%… I don’t consider that sniper tier damage. Snipers I think are starting from 400%. But that’s of course subjective. But just by numbers Marjana (458%) is better at sniping than Tyr is.

I don’t have Tyr but folks from my alliance who do say he’s underwhelming at best as damage dealer.

1 Like

I really like Sartana I pair her with CTibs and Panther and they can wreck some damage and I also pulled Clarissa so I’m a happy bunny :smirk: plus I have CRigard as well

1 Like

Yeah, I was going more by the “single target” hitters. Tyr does have the advantage of a higher base attack (756 vs 669) and he has that chance to bypass defensive buffs so the damage could pile up. But yeah, his role is to stay alive and pick away at you. Snipers, in the traditional sense, have a bigger offensive hit with less of the other special benefits that makes Tyr so valuable. If I had him I’d definitely use both of them in my red stack. Her rogue ability is pretty great.

this is one of those discussions where you have to separate heavy paying users from budget users.

for heavy paying users who have multiple seshat, than outside of war, you probably dont need sartana.

for budget users who probably do not have a single seshat, than sartana gives you a purple sniper. as mentioned earlier, snipers with dots are really useful against fighters.

Marjana is good for heavy paying users and budget users. Her rogue talent makes her arguably the best season 1 sniper on defense. And she is the only red sniper in the game which means if you want a sniper on your red lineup, it has to be marjana. Her one drawback is she doesnt stack well with GM but I think that’s easy enough to live with.

Point me in the direction of that thread, if we are going to continue that conversation. I’m nominating Leonidii for consideration.

1 Like

Let’s see if I can manage a link: this one

That’s a good one. I should have titled it Collective Nouns and Plurals. Can one re-title? Probably, but it might mess up my link. Torn now.

1 Like

Sartana is awesome, solid all around hero, both in durability and damage.

1 Like

And 5*s at 3/70 - which used to be more successful vs top teams

The offshoot of that is making 4* ascension mats MORE necessary. Tournament was originally meant to up the mat availability but that got nerfed to irrelevance. “Choose your own ascension mat” promos were introduced to offer a tiny bit of help (but only for $$) and … well, we’re still waiting for the game to rebalance ascension material availability with the dramatic increase in heroes plus the need to fully ascend heroes due to 4/80 +20 defences.

1 Like

Yes. It’s been crazy with all the new heroes and costumes. I actually think it’s going to be confusing for new players if it goes on like this. Too many summon portals, too many items necessary to fully level a hero (am, emblems, costume), base buildings are not as important as they once were etc.

1 Like

Well, different strokes…for me ample chance to fast charge specials of slower mana takes preeminence depending on the defense…
And for crit troops, I try to exploit their chances for higher damage dealt…hence preferred them mostly on fast mana snipers… well, that’s my approach

I feel your pain my friend, I am still hopeful for the cook Boldie, if not for anything but for the stat bonus boost, good reason I am doing 2nd Rigs, Mel.and Sonya.

He, he… remember this post? Bet you’re pretty happy these days, you got Grimble back then :wink:

I do agree with you that the mana speed makes a big difference, though once I got Domitia’s costume I started using her over Sartana.

Domitia does have the nice dispel, but then Sabina is readily available and also does a contactless dispel, which tends to overshadow Domi…

I still do like my Sartana-C as a sniper, I use both Sartanas every war and in the various Tower events.

1 Like

Actually I have only trained my grimble midway :sweat_smile: but yeah I might have to do it soon.
Also even c sartana has aged badly now. As dark lord has outclasssed her in every aspect

The new Dark Lord is finally worthy of his name and rank. As he was before he was more like Crimson Joke than Dark Lord…

Which is so important in these covid times of ours

5 Likes

Which is so important in these covid times of ours

i lol-ed at this. :joy:

20 chars