Has sartana aged badly in this current meta?

I recently pulled sartana from my tc20. While I was excited as I finally got all my base game snipers and have heard really great reviews on her before, I feel that she couldn’t keep up with the meta right now. Her attack is slightly above average and not even reaching 700 att and I’m not going to emblem her because I have other wizards. Fast hitter with poison damage that’s all. I’m afraid if I don’t pull Clarissa I won’t really use her.

1 Like

While we’re at this topic, marjana as well

4 Likes

I pulled her a few weeks ago and was very happy. Until I pulled Kage and left her hanging at 3/60. I do think she’s still a great raw damage dealer and worth the mats. Hoping for some great costume specials.

3 Likes

It depends on what you spend or what you have. I have her (sartana), and i really like her. of course there are “better” purples around there, like seshat. but when the odds aren’t in your favor - you should use what you get. maybe she is the right woman for your team. same for marjana

12 Likes

I have maxed magni, lianna and soon to be maxed Joon who also has a costume. Just couldn’t justify even training Marj and sartana at this moment

1 Like

Well according to others she is still a good dark s1 hero also she is getting a costume this month so that will put her at 730 attack

3 Likes

I love my sartana… actually maxed two. I am without many of the stellar purples… no kage, seshat, jabber, panther… but I make it work. :woman_shrugging:

Also fwiw… her costume turns her into a purple Lianna so I think her value will go up.

20 Likes

It’s about time she got an update. But this just means I have to pull her again. Sigh…

3 Likes

A year ago Domitia was always second fiddle to sartana but due to wizard emblem competition, Dom gets the nod - she has a better attack stat, special and class so worth the average mana.

If I pick a neutral sniper then joon or Liana are preferred.

Fingers crossed for costume but it’s hardly likely

5 Likes

You are the proof, that you can do well without them :metal:

yeah - aybe i can get this :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too. I have domitia and would rather train and use my tabards on her

2 Likes

I always liked Sartana . However , and this is only a personal , an aprrecitation, not a fact , more like an opinion
And its that Marjana seems to me like the worst sniper of the trio. With so many dot red she doesnt justify to hit weaker than the others to only has the DOT
Id love to see her an update with a costume

2 Likes

Marjana is still the only red sniper in the game, also with little competition for emblems that can boost her naturally low attack stat. She’s of great help to me currently in my anti-Telly stack at +18. And she’s still yet to receive a costume, which I hope is going to be one of the useful ones, not one of the obsoletes, but will surely boost her stats even further. She’s sturdy and with evasion even more difficult to kill.

Sartana - yes, I agree, she does seem like a weak spot in my purple stack now, even though I do not have Seshat. She’s the first one to go benched when I finish Clarissa. She just got replaced by much better purple direct damage dealers (mostly Seshat, but also Jabber or Kageburado). I am afraid even the costume is not going to change much, because although the direct damage % is going to be a beast, her low attack damage and great competition in Wizard class is probably leave her a worse sniper than vanilla Lianna.

5 Likes

I have both maxed. They both get used in wars every time for me. I think they’re still relevant. Marj can take some punishment for a sniper, which can make a difference and her dot is potent enough

I think they are both still relevant due to fast mana. You could make a case against Domitia and some others because average speed without an amazing special just doesn’t cut it any more

4 Likes

Depending on your spending habits, Sartana might or might not be worth the mats. You a hard core spender? Keep your mats. Kage, Seshat, Jabberwak, Hel, Clarissa are just a few reasons for that. You VC2P or f2p? DO SARTANA! Emblem her give her good troops and you’ll have a solid and reliable offence hero who might even have a word or two to say in a defense line. But the best thing is you have the purple options to make her a deadly killer. Mix her with C. Rigard and C. Tibs, sync their specials and Sartana will be a one shot killer.

3 Likes

Clarissa can prolong sartana’s life. Put sartana at the wings and the elemental link can help protect her.

2 Likes

I am turning hard spending this month because of Clarissa. Have had it with boring dark 5*s. The only dark hotm I have is grimble…GRIMBLE!

2 Likes

I just checked… didn’t notice any wrinkles, so I guess no.
(Sorry for this awful joke, couldn’t restrain myself)

…this free alliance name thread must have done something bad to me

2 Likes

S1 héroes are for the people like me that doesn’t spend money.
They are good enough, I’ve been playing almost three years and have only kunchen, zimtikha and malosi. The rest of the team are S1 heroes.
My defense team is 4500 and I use sartana, marjana, magni depending on the enemy… ( I have no lianna :frowning: )
As I said, S2,S3 and hotm are usually better than S1… It’s normal because SG has to push the players to spend money… if I already have all the best heroes, I will never spend more cash…

2 Likes

Well, lately I faced some teams that made me wish I had Grimble… Like MotherN / Red hood / Telluria / Delilah / Freya… regular minion nightmare…

Cookie Settings