Has anyone tried an all-healer war team?

I’ll go back to trying a full healer team if my next war follows the same pattern as the last few. I’ve been using Boril instead of another healer for the last three or four wars.

I think it would depend what healer you have down the middle. If the healer has no offensive component to their heal in the tank position you just ram tiles into them until you’re blue in the face to charge up your heros. They get a heal off it doesnt really matter because once your heroes are charged you just snipe them and start ghosting tiles. Healers that have offensive buffs with the heal such as Boldtusk, are a bit more dangerous as 2.5 attacks per turn form a defence team can whittle you down quick for revenge arrow kills if they have 48% attack for example.

2 Likes

I am not sure and can’t try since my bench is way to bad for it, but wouldn’t a 5 tank defense team be the best in AW?

Some if not most of them got heals and other defense tools, and the others got a bit of dmg onto them.

Maybe it’s just my game experience speaking since i am raiding aroung 1,4k Cups but I can’t one shot enemy tanks that are at full HP and maybe buffed with only 1 hitter. And I feel like the revenge arrows wouldn’t let me enough time to get 2 hard-hitters ready without half my team dying.

What do you veteran players here think about the idea? Is it just my midgame deck of heroes speaking or am I on to something? :smile:

No, unfortunately that line of thinking is representative of your game experience. A 5 healer team is actually not near the best defense. It’s probably middle of the pack IF you have 5 great healers.

I pick on those teams because I can sit and eat revenge arrows all day if all I have to deal with are auto attacks and no damage specials.

2 Likes

I have it (nearly) as defense team in wars and I was only attacked 3 times since war started. Seems that not many dare to attack my team.
My order is: Delilah (Lvl 3/55)-Cyprian(Full)-Gormek(Full)-Cyprian(Full)-Rigard(Lvl 4/30)
I just have Gormek in middle as he has much better defence as my other healer (Meledor).
Both Cyprians got 4* troops (Lvl 9+4), Gormek also 4* troop (Lvl 7) Delilah 3* on lvl 13 and Rigard 3* Lvl1

Defense teams are discussed here:

Rainbow healer team, war defense

Was randomly looking up healer teams, this would be tricky, heal me bring me back to life heal me status immunity and a bit of spread damage with added mana reduction thrown in lol if fully maxed I’m going to try this team

1 Like

Let us know your results! :wink:

2 Likes

I have not try an all-healer war team yet but had done with Rigard, Kiril, Kashhrek, BT and Li Xiu with +3 emblem each.
It managed to take away 11 flags from the opponents but those were in the good old days where Kashhrek was still invincible and the likes of Colen scared us a lot.

1 Like

All-healer is sth 4 fun, but a bad strategy.

On def they are tile graves until a one shot tag team will be charged multiple times and take down the healers one by one.

On att you’ll almost be unable to take down corners by tiles and run into a time out on field aid or you’ll be killed by arrows and/or buffed slashs.

1 Like

All healer team is for auto-farm season 2 only, not for war. Thread closed.

1 Like

I prefer mostly snipers, but the topic (old as it is) is “has anyone tried an all-healer war team”?

In the vein of scientific inquiry, I’m genuinely interested in the results. Play on! :wink:

2 Likes

Most I’ve used is 3 healers, usually with the arrow attack boost. I remember reading here somewhere that for an effective defense team you have to treat it as an attacking team too. After all, every turn the defense team also attacks. If there’s no damage to be made then there’s no threat. It just had to be built differently from your attack team because it needs to face ALL types whereas your attack team can be tailored to the specific defense team.

1 Like

A very good point.

I was wondering about all-healers used on arrow rounds though; the arrow does the damage, and you outlast the other team (and waste their time in the process).

I still admit I haven’t done this…

1 Like

There’s a remedy to this having a blood match which will disable all healing from both sides that will break it up it could be a random rule or it can be item that you require somehow to make this happen but I’m not one of the makers of this game but it will be an even playing field if this were to happen

Everything’s an even playing field in wars.

You get field aid, I get field aid. You get attack boost, I get attack boost.

Resurrecting this as I have started using this healer-only team on offense. I won’t be using it in wars because I need to distribute my healers across all my teams and I can’t afford to use so many in one team, but I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work in wars too.

I’ve had a run of 15/16 wins with this team against 4.8, 4.9 and 5K TP teams. Whilst the battles can be won with a healer in defense they go much smoother and quicker if there isn’t a healer.

Gulli is pretty important in this team as he gives most of the firepower - but although he does the hit I still consider him a healer.

I interchange a bit depending on the opposition. C Mel gets subbed in if I want a dispel. Kiril get subbed in if I want another heal and defense down counter. Lord Loki comes in if the opponent has a strong healer that I want to use (I try to use him exclusively for that healer).

I avoid minion makers because those teams can be easily handled if I sub out one of the healers with Grimble, but that defeats the purpose. But without a minion counter it can be a tricky battle with so little firepower.

I also avoid reverse formation. I struggle with this one regardless of my attack team but it seems particularly effective against a team with little firepower.

I am a little bit (pleasantly) surprised that a team like this can hang against the toughest defenses with so little firepower

2 Likes

Curious… I would think a 4 healer +1 all team counter hero would be more effective

What sort of hero are you talking about - riposte or something else?

Riposte like a costume boril or cyprian, who can give that buff to the full team