šŸŽ‚ Happy Third Anniversary! ā€“ Free Tokens & Flasks, plus Special Offers

I donā€™t understand. The free gift only came with one Epic Hero Token. The other was an Epic Troop Token.

I have an epic summon unused before receiving gift

Got my first Wu Kong with my EHT so thank you SG for the gift.

4 Likes

Did you take a Screenshot? Are you sure it wasnā€™t for an Epic Troop summon?

Happy with the free stuff. I was sad when no free stuff at the beggining os S III. Now Iā€™m happy. Thanks.

1 Like

Many more happy returns of the day and thanks for the free gift .

Is it possible to receive more free gifts which will help a lot.

Thanks.

Epic hero summon not epic troop.

I dont have greenshot but im sure about that

Admin Can check my history account?

You will have to contact support through the game - support cannot help you on the forum

1 Like

Got exactly that troop also @zephyr1, Really good of SG for showing appreciation for players!

2 Likes

You can check by setting and put recent activity to see what you got and what you have spent.

Iā€™ve been playing for 2 1/2 years out of those 3, @Hermann. The game has grown exponentially since I started. What would you like to know?

Hi @NPNKY,

wowā€¦ 2 1/2 years.

hm, where to startā€¦

generally:

what has changed in your opinion to the better / worse?

• which feature / change did you like / not like?

specifically:

• was it always so difficult to ascend heroes? (was it always so difficult to get mats?)

and finally the famous ā€œif you could change a single thingā€ in the gameā€¦ what would that be?

Thanks in advance,

Hermann

3 years of grinding :partying_face:

Happy bDay E&P :beers:

Didnā€™t know that my bDay is on the same day as the game of my choice. Nice fun fact.

7 Likes

Iā€™m surprised the FREE option didnt cost you $1.99 in ā€œAustralian dollarsā€ :joy:

1 Like

Happy 3rd Year Anniversaryā€¦ God Bless You

Changes Iā€™ve seen that I think have improved the game:

1. Alliance Wars were added. While they arenā€™t perfect, they have added a new dimension to gameplay that has given actual meaning to being in an alliance.
  2. Monthly Challenge Events. When I first started playing, there were only 3 (Pirates of Corellia, Knights of Avalon, and Guardians of Teltoc), they were only 10 levels each, there were only a few special edition heroes in each one, and the only worthwhile rewards went to the very top finishers, who were always the same thirty or so players with very deep pockets. Since then, Fables of Grimmforest and Riddles of Wonderland have been added to round out the elements, more heroes have been added to each one, theyā€™ve been expanded to 15 levels per tier, and the rewards have been expanded to be more accessible to the F2P and C2P players.
  3. Season 2 and Season 3. After a while, grinding the same map over and over gets boring. Season 2 introduced new mechanics with the special environmental effects on certain stages, and Season 3 introduced the runestones. Both of these required player to adjust how they approached the map, and added another level of complexity.
  4. Path of Valor. This is a new feature thatā€™s designed to reward players for loyalty, for logging in and playing daily. While it needs some tweaking, itā€™s another way to keep the game fresh and entertaining without being unbalancing.
  5. Avatars, backgrounds and pins. Purely cosmetic, but I love the idea of being able to customize my profile to show off things Iā€™ve achieved. Iā€™d like to see pins and backgrounds available as achievement rewards in addition to avatars.
  6. Raid tournaments. They introduce another dimension into raiding with the element restrictions and special rules, and I like that the flags are separate from regular raid flags. Iā€™d like to see some new special rules added into the rotation, perhaps banning or requiring a specific class (no rangers, must have a paladin), perhaps bringing in the environmental effects from Atlantis, perhaps limiting the number of elements that can be used on a team (no restricted color, but may only use up to 2, 3, or 4 colors per team).

Changes that have neither helped nor hurt the game:

1. Costumes. While the idea of giving TC20 heroes a boost to be able to keep up with the power creep of season 2 and 3 is laudable, the implementation falls short. As it stands, the costume quest is another way to break up the farming grind, but thatā€™s about it. The way costumes have been implemented doesnā€™t really serve their original purpose very well.
  2. Seasonal Events. While these are an entertaining break from the day to day farming, they really didnā€™t bring anything new to the table in terms of gameplay.

Changes that have been detrimental to the game:

1. Power creep. While some power creep is inevitable in any game, it has ramped up to the point where TC20 heroes are obsolete. One of the things that drew me to this game to begin with was that even someone who didnā€™t spend a cent could grind hard and eventually compete at the highest levels. It would take longer, but it could be done. With the addition of newer and more powerful HotM, Event heroes, Seasonal heroes, Atlantis heroes, and now Valhalla heroes, with emblems, family bonuses, resistances, elemental links, realm bonuses, it has become impossible for a new F2P or C2P player starting today to ever catch up without spending. The grind takes so long that by the time a new player manages to save enough gems or coins to summon a new hero, the meta has progressed even further and the boost they get from that hero doesnā€™t bring them any closer. There are currently more limited edition heroes available than TC20 heroes, at any rarity that matters. There are no more TC20 heroes that can really be considered indispensable, as they have all been supplanted by newer, better limited edition heroes. I worry that if this trend continues, it will signal the start of a slow descent into obsolescence for the game. In order to remain viable, a game must continue to attract and retain new players to replace those who grow tired or bored and move on. If those new players coming in see that they will never be able to keep up with the power creep without spending, many will move on to another game. I know I would.

Was it always so difficult to ascend heroes?

No. It used to be even harder. Since I started playing, there has been tons of new content added as sources of ascension materials (alliance wars, seasonal events, raid tournaments, Path of Valor, ascension item chests with the Atlantis and Valhalla summons, completion rewards for Challenge Events, etc). The bottleneck of ascension materials is the game designers method of controlling the pace of advancement. Itā€™s the only thing keeping this game from being 100% Pay to Win. You can buy enough summons to get any hero you want, but you still have to collect the materials to level them up.

If I could change one thing about the game, what would it be?

I can think of several things.
I would want it to go back to being as F2P friendly as it was when I first started playing. The main changes I would make to help with that are as follows:

1. Revamp all of the TC20 heroes in some way to make them competitive with the newer heroes. Maybe add a ā€œstronghold bonusā€ since you can train them in your stronghold. Maybe make them the only heroes that can use emblems, or make emblems more effective for them than limited edition heroes. Maybe give them a ā€œstronghold linkā€ similar to element link, that only applies to TC20 heroes.
  2. Remove emblems from being purchasable. Make them only available to be earned through gameplay. That way F2P, C2P and P2W all have equal access to them
  3. Remove ascension materials from being purchasable as well. Make them only available to be earned through gameplay.
  4. Increase the number of Atlantis coins and Valhalla coins that can be earned through gameplay to give F2P and C2P a decent chance to earn a few summons
  5. Introduce a bunch of new TC20 heroes so that there are more core heroes than special ones.
  6. Make Alchemy Lab available at Stronghold level 15, with an additional level available each time the stronghold advances, and MAKE IT WORTH USING!!!
  7. RELEASE HERO ACADEMY and make it F2P friendly.
13 Likes

Lol this almost made me cry lol 2 years in still.have yet to pull a single 4 star blue mana troop. Only color I dont have one in :(. Lol congrats to you @zephyr1 definitely one of the most respectable mods I have ever met. Your work is greatly appreciated

3 Likes

Thank you @NPNKY for your very detailed answer. You mentioned a lot of interesting points.

I liked your improvement ideas at the end a lotā€¦ i started as f2p and switched to c2pā€¦ and i as well would like to see changes that makes it more f2p friendlyā€¦ .

2 Likes