Happy Cake Day @Voidstrike 🍰

The liking is great… it’s when I run out, and have to stop liking that’s bad. Lol

5 Likes

Cake Day Appreciation Posts #2:

@sleepyhead One of the writers who sucks me into the long narrative of the forum. I enjoy reading your exposition, twists and general randomness that shifts the dynamics of the tale. You are one of the frequent users of the ToS post link that I made and I’m really glad it’s provided the helpful cover in responding to gameplay help posts.

@Math4lyfe Never change Math. You are a compassionate, heartfelt, off-topic offender who cares more about the person behind the screen than the quality of their gameplay. One of my favorite people in the forum/game, thank you for checking in on me intermittently via line, for validating and engaging in my discussions on mental health which I’ve started on the forum and just genuinely being a pleasant, soothing soul in your interactions with me and others. Concerning crepes at least you now know tossing up and hoping to catch it is the exact opposite of proper pan flipping technique.

@nevarmaor Another voice of reason on the forum, I enjoy your rational efforts to conduct discussions in gameplay help/tactics and the cesspool that some general discussion threads turn into. Thanks for providing a one-two punch with me from time to time when posters don’t even do a modicum of searching on the forum before posting their “original” thread on how it’d be cool if there was trading (or similar repeated trope). Hope the game doesn’t burn out that sense of wanting to understand and be better.

@Kayo The voice of the forum. Thank you for the 1st birthday wishes and engaging in antics on the forum. I hope you never grow from self-proclaimed to self-denounced when you just realize the burden you’ve undertaken as the voice of the forum and that you can’t escape this onus placed on you.

@Dudeious.Maximus We’re proximate posters, meaning in gameplay help sections I see we’re both of the ilk to provide frank advice. Hope my posts provide entertainment in between the bouts of stupidity that runs rampant on the forum for you. Cheers.

@Chadmo It was great learning about you through the Bard’s forum interviews. I’ll take interesting, I mean interesting is a helluva lot better than just being a boring every day poster on here. I like to have enough pizzazz to offset robo-Zephyr and Davecozy-bot.

@Steve9999 You’re not just some UK chap. You along with other resilient forum goers harp on the nuances of what changes need to happen and use the forum to better the game. Whether they fall on deaf ears or not…we can’t really control that other than stopping our spending or quitting game. Thanks for being more than a lurker

@NPNKY On the front lines during the current pandemic, incredibly blessed to see and read your feedback on the state of the game and of reality. Thankful to have you as part of the community stirring discussion and feedback in efforts to prolong the fun many of us had in the game.

@PlayForFun the new counting champ. It’s been fun making runs with you (although I wasn’t part of the record run). It was fun playing the game within the game and I’m glad you’ve achieved regular status definitely think you deserve it and won’t abuse it.

@Guvnor My favorite mod from down under. You are a wellspring of knowledge and good intent in providing constructive helpful advice to players. It’s always a joy to poke around, tease but also stand beside you in your posts & insights. Love ya bro, awesome human being, great player, terrific friend.

[for posterity]

14 Likes

Have a blast dude :beer::beers::beer::hotdog::sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

This is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Glad that someone at least sometimes reads what I write :laughing: although there are times I can get a bit snarky :rofl:.

4 Likes

Happy cake day VS! Whenever I see you post I know it’s going to be interesting. Pretty much all you can ask for in a forum setting. Stay interesting my friend.

4 Likes

Thank you for these words. It’s a reflection of the extent of impact we as a group can have on one another. Being mindful of our words is as important as our actions.

And hopefully, I won’t be beaten down by any negativity around here. I’ve had some experience handling forum platforms -albeit in an academic setting- in my professional career. Hopefully, the resilience gained there will suffice for this platform. And if it comes to it, there are so many amazing people such as you to provide guidance too. :slight_smile:

Seriously, the thread you started on mental health issues was - and is - one of the most eye-opening discussions I have read during my lurking days over here - MUST read stuff for anyone who plays the game. Please keep contributing the same (and if possible, more) awesomeness to this community!
And as I said in my previous post - hope to see you celebrate many more cake days here on this platform with all of us!! :cake: :partying_face: :beers:

Thanks. I try to. Learning happens in both directions.

Hopefully, we will, soon enough. I look forward to the day. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Happy :cake: Day @voidstrike
Have a good one

5 Likes

woooooow, thanks for the heartfelt personalized tags @voidstrike , really cool. brought a smile to my face :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s what I do…(or at least try to do).

Humbled by this. That post and discussion is very near to my heart. I always wonder & occasionally ask the mods if it’s worth it and luckily have been met with responses like you’ve stated. I wish more people would engage, but I will trust there are plenty who are gleaning the support/help/information they need from that resource and the discussions that have occurred.

Cake Day Appreciation Post #3

@jinbatsu Always one of the first voices to provide team construction or leveling advice. More often than not I race to see if I can post advice before you because I know once you post, I got nothing more to say other than I agree with you. Thanks for the wishes.

@SupremeAlienRaptor Ah, Raptor. A brother from another mother. I am so excited for all the new chapters unfolding in your life and hope at some point (like for many of us) we can go back to the days of laughing and getting into Alliance shenanigans. One of the best people in the forum…your sabbatical is well-deserved and the forum is lesser without your presence (don’t come back though, focus on the important things in life).

@zephyr1 To be honest, I probably look at you the same way you look at @Garanwyn (…well not the same way…). You’re one of the gems of the forum and I love yanking your chain and describing myself as a foil to you because you are such a paradigm of what the best in the player base for this community can do & be. One of my favorites.

[for posterity when post 2 meets tag cap]

10 Likes

Happy forum anniversary, @voidstrike.

You have made this a better community by being part of it.

And happy early birthday as well.

May you enjoy all the cake (and none of the pants)!

7 Likes

Lol. No, i actually didn’t, i just saw when perusing the new thingy that @Sarah2 showed me where you can see b’days and a’days on the forum. I knew i’d be busy today, and wanted to make one for you. But the Bard beat me to it, which is great. As long as yours didn’t go unnoticed.

:joy::joy::joy:

I think it’ll be green next time, :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy:

I’ll do my best, Captain No-Pants

5 Likes

I think it’s captain underpants… maybe major no-pants… or General no-pants.

… @voidstrike I feel like a poll may be required. :thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

Happy cake day @voidstrike

4 Likes

My grandson loves these books.

4 Likes

True…

…however it’s tacky to start your own poll to determine your own nickname…

Pantless or no pants I’m classier than that.

5 Likes

Happy :cake: @voidstrike!!

4 Likes

Happy CakeDay @voidstrike :cake: :pancakes: :moon_cake: :coffee:

3 Likes

If we are talking about no-pants, perhaps the poll should be covered for this thread.

4 Likes

Happy cake day, you pantsless wonder!

Thank you for helping making the game and forum everything they have been for me and others.

4 Likes

Happy cake day, @voidstrike! :cake:

Thanks for always being there for me, and everyone else. :heart:

4 Likes