Happy Cake Day šŸ° @Noble_Weasel!

Iā€™m getting closer ā€¦ I just gathered 100 Atlantis coins and pulled a Muggy :rofl:

2 Likes

I meanā€¦kind of? I have three fully leveled, one bearing emblems, and fourth at 1.40 (held there as a preparatory step when the Path of Valor had goals about ā€˜ascend x heroes to the second tierā€™). I have fought a few wars where I use all three and I am very grateful to have that option when I need it.

Heā€™s so impactful that I often make space for him in the five star event on the boss heavy stages. If you manage without him then I think thereā€™s a fair argument to be made that you navigate those situations more skillfully than I do. My event strategy is essentially mana potion, laugh while the bosses canā€™t fire and then have 0 comprehension of their special skill mechanics when I run into them later in raids.

3 Likes

LOL yes I do have to work a lot harder at it.

Proteus would be very nice though for when I finally get around to beating Ursena Hard in S2. I just currently donā€™t have a couple straight hours to devote to that battle right now.

1 Like

PS @Noble_Weasel sorry for the thread derailment on your Noble day. I guess Iā€™m the Weasel :rofl:

2 Likes

Not at all. Iā€™ve derailed my share of threads, for sure. As this aside was sparked by my getting a hero I really wanted, itā€™s all good!

3 Likes

Happy be-lated Cake Day @Noble_Weasel _Weasel, hope catching fish face was a good early celebration.

@nevarmaor - Well, itā€™s not just the going at it without Proteus. It is hearing the not one, not two, not three, but many, many moar ā€œI did the stage easily with Proteusā€ strategy on every, single, one of the ā€œHow did you get past this, and that stageā€ type posts. So the Weasel finally got lucky and moved on from the no Proteus club, and he and I have talked long enough and he assured me that although he will use Proteus and talk about his experiences with fish face, heā€™ll not join the ā€œI did it easily with Proteus club.ā€

As to how I get past stages that wouldā€™ve been ā€œdone easily with Proteus?ā€ I used what I have. Not optimal, but for the first half and almost into latter half of Season 2 I used Boldtusk and Gormek for enemy debuff plus red stack, Cyprian for counter damage (because enemies hit hard), and latter half, when I was able to acquire Wilbur to make the job a whole lot easier, still not cake walk easy, but marginally easier.

To this day, I still thank my lucky star that I was able to get Wilbur when I did. One of my alliance mates who have Proteus is still looking for the Valiant Fisherman each time he pulls from A.R. He goes with me everywhere there is not a Red Elemental barrier.

Would be nice to get Proteus one day to add to the collection, until then, itā€™s Wilbur to the rescue.

Happy Forum anniversary again, @Noble_Weasel

1 Like

I never worry about how others did it. Easy with Proteus? Good for you!

I did the entire S2 Hard (except Ursena) with the same rainbow team. Sartana / Ariel / Marjana / Joon / Lianna. Atomos on second last stage was a struggle. Heā€™s not nearly that hard in raids :rofl:

True, seeing how the others approached a level wonā€™t affect how you approach one (unless you have the same underlying heroes), but if you are the kind of player that likes to browse the posts discussing how to beat a certain hard level / stage (like I used to like to do), I would inevitably start to see more than a few ā€œI did it easily with Proteusā€ (or Hel, but to lesser extent, because Proteus is comparatively easier to acquire) offered as their ā€œstrategy.ā€ (This is the part that irked @Noble_Weasel and I the most).

Ursena hard took me one try, but that was after two tries on normal mode, the first run caught me off guard because of the two part stage and how much more devastating the auto dispel and her own special was in conjunction even on normal. I didnā€™t have too many 5* ready to go when that happened. But here was who I took, Boldtusk, Melendor, Isarnia, Rigard, and Chao all maxed and emblemed to some degree. So it is doable even with mostly 4*, and I wish you best of luck in your next run at Ursena on 27-10 H. And hope that Proteus would land in our camps some day.

3 Likes

Happy 4th cake day! :see_no_evil: unless theres another thread im missing lol

2 Likes