Happy Birthday Canada

We seem to be well represented in the E&P world so…

Canada is now 152 years young :fireworks: :cake: :fist_right::fist_left: :fireworks:

Also I have a day off :laughing:

14 Likes

Happy Birthday Canada.

Here is a meme… could be Perseus and Rigard maybe?

It’s a bit of a national stereotype, but being polite is a good thing.

11 Likes

It’s actually more than a stereotype, except when driving on the roads :wink:

5 Likes

Hey today is also Independence Day in Rwanda and Republic Day in Ghana so, Happy Days all around :smile:

3 Likes

How about a joke?

In 1867 in Charlottetown the Fathers of Confederation were discussing what to name this new country they were forming. They could not come to an agreement. There was a scrabble game nearby (yes, anachronistic but hey) so they took all the letters and put them in a bag. One by one they pulled out the letters to name their new nation.

First founding father pulled a letter. “C, eh?”

1 Like

Canada Oh Canada…

I note there apparently is a version of the song done by my long lost cousin Five Iron Frenzy

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Canadians. Love the rivalry with the US Ice Hockey team at the Olympics. The Americans always assume they are better… but underestimate the Canadians at your own peril.

Growing up in an international school I had a few Canadian and Korean friends so have fond memories of those two countries.

5 Likes

Happy Canada Day fellow Canucks!

4 Likes

I don’t know why Americans would think they’re better at hockey than Canadians considering all the good players in American hockey teams are Canadian players xD

3 Likes

Well exactly. That’s the problem with Americans isn’t it :wink:

1 Like

Americans as a group think they’re the best at everything.

Individually they’re just like everyone else.

2 Likes

Happy birthday @canada.

2 Likes

The St-Louis Blues just won the Stanley Cup with a roster consisting of a majority of Canadian player. :ice_hockey:
A Canadian team hasn’t won the Cup since 1993 though…
Strange world when the NBA finals trophy is won by a Canadian team while the Stanley Cup is escaping every Canadian team :rofl:

2 Likes

True, but basketball was invented by a Canadian

2 Likes

Yeah i know.
I just thought it is amazing how we are viewed as a hockey-friendly country and one of the powerhouse of international hockey, yet, the NBA title is in Canada while the Stanley Cup is still missing.
What next?
MLB World Series won by the Montreal Expos ? :joy:

1 Like

I owned that CD. I was a ska fan in college. Saw a show called @ska against racism.” Think it was seven aka bands in a club in Palo Alto (that’s near Stanford). Headliner was Less Than Jake. This must have been 97 or 98.

Dope man dope man
Has the upper hand
He’ll sell it to you
Or anyone he can
Cause this is much better
than minimum wage
No matter how things work
You’re still gonna get paid

Hey. You could make a version of that for E&P :thinking:

1 Like

“They say eh instead of what or duh
That’s the mighty power of Canada”

Man I could probably sing most songs on that album. Not sure if that’s a good thing or it says I’m crazy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Happy Canada Day everyone! :beers:

1 Like

I guess these girls didn’t make it?

Happy Canada Day everyone who is involved and enjoy your day off!

1 Like

And we’re also really big. With pointy things. snickers Worms, anyone?

(Canada is Really Big by The Arrogant Worms - YouTube)