Hansel or Proteus?

Which of these indispensable 4* heroes gets my compass?

I’m very happy with my current titan team stable and occasionally will draft in Proteus as an extra purple, but I have others. When it comes to raids and events, though, I’m genuinely torn between these two. I’m raiding in mid-Platinum. I’m not short of purple or green heroes.

So I’m throwing it out to you clever people. Who gets your vote in a vacuum and why?

Thank you!

1 Like

Id say Hansel first, he can survive hits from snipers after his shield is up.

4 Likes

Events i think Proteus - You will shut down the whole final team with him.

5 Likes

d6ed4a335d6448d4180e7c8dcfcc9dee3853e86d945ff346fcc46bdd4f4e4c96

Guess it depends what you need him for specifically. Both good and similar heroes

6 Likes

If you struggle for event completation, rare quests and season 2, Proteus is your guy, especially if you don’t have Hel.
All become so much easy when you block mana.

If you don’t have that kind of problems, Hansel is simply great.

5 Likes

I really don’t like rating heroes alone.

I love Hansel between Merlin/ Gretel/ Hansel because his fast mana and protection from special damage can be a huge help in raids.

I agree.

The advantage Hansel has is you cannot bring items to raids and his protection from special skills is nice.

However Proteus will save you battle items in events.

==Conclusion==

As I said, hate giving opinion in vaccum, perhaps some context on what you are trying to fix in events and what your current available raid heroes are.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Hansel at 4* 3.60 let me get out of Gold and into low Platinum arena. His enemy special skill control can often be triggered three turns in a row against tanks and flanks. His protection from special skills can keep him alive until my healers charge up.

4 Likes

I’d say Hansel because he’s a bit tougher and he hits immediately, and will continue to do damage if you keep flinging tiles at the target. Plus fast mana.

3 Likes

If you struggle with rare quests or challenge events, I would do Proteus for the mana block. It’s highly effective, especially if your team isn’t strong enough to handle those hits.

If you don’t, then I’d do Hansel.

Both amazing heroes though, so once you do one, the other should definitely be next. Mana control is too awesome to pass up for anything else :blush:

3 Likes

Hansel for war attacks

1 Like

I love both . And I’m using the raid. Both are beautiful … Hansel: fast mana and blocks the obstacle. Proteus: 3 freezes each.

1 Like

I’ve got both maxed and Hansel is quite a lot better. While Proteus will of course block mana generation for 3 heroes, he doesn’t actually reduce their mana, so if you do not kill those heroes in the mean time, all you’ve done is bought yourself some time. Hansel will actually reduce the target’s mana back to 1/2 while doing more damage. Hansel also does immediate damage, so he can be used to finish someone off as opposed to Proteus’s meager damage over time. The one huge thing that no one mentions with Hansel is that he can be used to clear dead tiles off the board. It is very common to be missing a color in a raid. When you hit someone with Hansel, you can then dump those tiles onto the hero. They will boost the hero’s mana of course, but when it hits max they take damage and it goes back to 1/2. Proteus is very good, but Hansel is the best 4* in the game for offensive raids IMO.

6 Likes

I love being able to “ghost” tiles into a Handel or Gretel victims

1 Like

The dead tile thing is the best argument (among lots of other very good arguments) I’ve heard in favour of Hansel, and something that didn’t actually occur to me. I think we may have a winner! Thank you!

1 Like

Proteus is better at this as he can lock three players allowing you to clear a wider area.

2 Likes

yes, but you fill up their mana. With Hansel, if you do it right the target will either be at half mana or dead because you bounced him off max 3 times.

1 Like

Proteus freezes their mana

right…got confused with cbp special for a moment.

Both are staples on my raid team. Proteus can completely shut a team down if you can get his average mana skill to fire. Hansel is pretty much guaranteed to fire with his fast mana and he can destroy an enemy tank quickly or save you from an enemy sniper. Hansel’s special works on a fully charged enemy, Proteus’s special won’t prevent that charged enemy from firing like Hansel does.

You really can’t pick wrong between these two IMO. You’ll do them both eventually anyways.

3 Likes

I agree with @Rduke77, while everyone loves Hansel, Proteus can get overlooked. I’m glad I have both.

1 Like

I finally got a Proteus leveled far enough to use in wars today, and I was really impressed. Aim at flank, then drop piles of tiles on the side, which allows both a pile of tile damage and cleaning up the puzzle without giving mana. The DoT was a nice plus that killed off a couple of heroes after the tile dump.

Hansel isn’t as good for this because it’s hard to dump tiles on just one foe, compared to a whole side of the board.

Looking way down the line, Proteus will add a nice Atlantis family defense boost when used with other Atlantis heroes. Not very valuable now, but when we get the final round of S2 5*, that will be a nice bonus.

4 Likes