Hansel & Gretel's 21% damage

I don’t understand how it works. There are 2 kinds of special damage in this game. One is based on attack rating vs defense rating and is expressed in percentages (of the normal damage, I suppose). The other is a constant value that does the same amount of damage to every hero, regardless of their defense rating (burning and poison).

I tested Hansel & Gretel in the event, and their mana damage must be a set value, as it does the same amount to all of my heroes regardless of their health or defense. So what does the 21% stand for? I think their description should be changed, because as it is now it makes no sense.

I searched the forums, but only found topics about how awesome these heroes are, with no explanation of this. Could someone shed some light on it?

1 Like

The special deals another 21% dmg, if the mana bar of the target gets fully charged, when the special is active.

Works as follows:

• hits the target and deals damage
  • sets up the status aliment
  • deals another small amount of dmg, if mana was filled and reduces mana to half

If the spell ends, before mana gets full, nothing happens except the dmg from the first hit.

That’s at least, how I understand it and what I experienced so far.

1 Like

Yep, I fully understand how they work. I’m wondering what the 21% is based on, if anything.

2 Likes

Probably the same calculation as all the others.

As I understand it, it is 21% of hansel/gretel’s damage

Except that the 21% deals way more damage than their direct damage in the event. I think it does less in raids.

If it was 21% of the normal damage, it would be negligible. If it’s 21% of their attack stat, it should be written as a constant value as all the other specials of that kind.

It would still be confusing in the event, because their attack stat would have to be around 2000 in legendary then.

1 Like

The dmg is marginal, the real pain is the reduced mana just when it’s ready to go off.

400 in legendary isn’t marginal, that’s a third of the health of most 4/5* heroes. If it’s a bug and shouldn’t deal that much, that’s another thing. In any case, the description is confusing.

Look for @Kerridoc reply in this thread. It states that it is .21 of Hansel’s attack stat.

Hansel and Gretel updates - #20 by Kerridoc

5 Likes

Thanks for that link, that was the the most likely explanation I could think of as well. They should change the description, right now it’s worded the same way as the common special attacks, which are calculated differently.

And it’s still confusing that it deals more damage than their direct hit in the event. If they do in fact have 2000 attack in legendary, how come their direct special damage isn’t insanely high? If it’s not a bug, there must be some weird mechanics in play in the events.

2 Likes

The bosses in the events typically have completely different stats and special percentages than the card heroes based on them. If you tap and hold on one of the bosses next time you can read their stats and special description to see what it says.

You could also look around for a video from the event and see if someone else did that so you don’t have to wait 5 months — although there might be tweaks to the Challenge Events by the next time Grimforest rolls around anyway.

2 Likes

HP

You can only see their HP

Boss stats

This also happens with titans ( see Notes ) and Class quest hero bosses.

Balthazar normally has 648 HP but in one class quest has 4051 HP

Note

2 Likes

Yep, I know you can check the enemies’ stats. The 21% is the same. Their direct special deals 135% and 215%. Slightly less than on the playable cards. But with 2k attack, I think that would still hurt like hell. It must be calculated differently in the event, I suppose.

I just wish the description was clearer.

Where are you getting that number from?

The status effect does around 400 damage in legendary. If the 21% is based on their attack stat, that would have to be 2000.

1 Like

Those two heroes are a couple of my favorites, I manged to pull them both on one 10 pack special summons. As already mention, they deal a set amount of damage. You then hit the target with tiles so their mana fills up. Once filled the enemy is dealt with 21% of damage based on health of that enemy. If you get it to go off multiple times it’s devastating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.