Half-done heroes and ways to fix them

As a premise I’d like to say that this is by no means a complete list of broken heroes but a thread to discuss the issues and, hopefully, get some attention the same way the big AW thread has it.
I’ve been around quite a while and outside the Beta section, to which I do not have access, we’ve never seen SGG talk about any hero related stuff and the reasoning behind their decisions.
I’d urge @Petri @mhalttu and other staff members to come forward and shine some light for the common folk.

Needless to say, E&P has good and bad heroes, overpowered heroes, and heroes that are beyond any salvation, doomed to stay on the bench.

I would like to start with two key 3 star heroes:

The only 3 star healers (Tuck doesn’t count). Why aren’t there any new 3* healers? And why Hawkmoon is so inferior to Belith by lacking a secondary effect? The healing percentages are equal yet one card is vastly better overall.

Next are the witch hunters:

A 255% Fast vs 175% Average (minor damage to nearby enemies is minuscule) Why make one card vastly better than the other? Instead of following the Pulveriser triplets or Caedmon/Sonya’s route? The rest of the abilities and hero stats are comparable or same, just damage % and mana speed differs.

And the biggest “offender” so far:

Meant to be the big bad center hero, ended up the big laugh target. I understand him paired with Guinevere meant serious imbalance but then why don’t remove the mana play completely?
As he stands now by the time he fires his skill it has already become irrelevant that he puts a mana debuff. Enemy would’ve filled his heroes mana and did what he needed to do. It’s just a completely FUBAR character, pardon the wording.

Just make him Slow and -34% Defense or Attack rather than -34% mana generation. Seems like a pretty easy fix to me(?)

Please, let’s have a good conversation and hopefully make the game better.

4 Likes

Sorry I do not have full card. Problem with Morgan is that her damage/heal effect starts from next move. I had so many situations when Morgan was killed in same move when her Special went off. In such situation she did not do anything to opponent - 0 effect. I think she has to do some damage/heal straight away and then extra over time. Currently Morgan is half useless.

Guarrian Owl is the wortest.

1 Like

Power disparity for no apparent reason, Hawkmoon definitely is worse than Belith

Splitted damage that doesn’t inflict status effects is the worst kind of damage.
Many underwhelming heroes as Obakan, Thorne, Master Leprus suffer from this, while heroes who inflict status effects as Gormek, Tiburtus, Grimm, Proteus, etc are very useful heroes…

Gretel should have a fast special as Hansel: her special doesn’t apply on nearby enemies and her weak special damage doesn’t made up for her average special’s speed.

• The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled

on a very slow hero by the time he would fire it would be pretty much dead, if not even before the special would go off. I would change this part.

• All enemies get -34% mana generation for 4 turns.

This part is dispellable and being very slow all other heroes would likely be able to have their special charged to counter Boss Wolf.

• The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 115% of the damage received for 4 turns

Counterattack is dispellable and many heroes who dispel are in the game.
Counterattack is good when foes doesn’t have mana to counter it.
Very Slow gives to foes a very high time to gather mana and counter counterattack.

Counters:
Mana cutting heroes as Proteus, Merlin, Hansel, Gretel, Chao, Leonidas, Hel would likely be able to neutralize that hero and they are good enough to deal with all the other heroes, not only to kill Boss Wolf.

If his special would have lower effect while being faster he would be good… hera an example:

Special Speed: Average

• The caster and nearby allies get +20% mana generation for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All enemies get -20% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 33% of the damage received for 4 turns.