HAIKU! Excuse me... Bless you...Thank you!

So with all the creative minds out there doing super fun stuff I decided that I would give it a whirl myself.
And unfortunately all I could do was revert to the 3rd grade and come up with haikus.
Could b fun though! Never know till ya try. And I’m sure I don’t need to start off with an Epic Poem sized list of “Don’t Go There” topics, so let’s just all keep it game related and PG… ish…
I’ll start.

Wilbur and the Queen,
Opponents must b careful,
This team just won’t die.

11 Likes

Atlantis’s so hard :grimacing:
Maybe proteus wil help me :thinking:
Nevermind I’m dead :pensive:

11 Likes

Nicely dun @PugPotato. I’m hoping we c some of the mods here too. There is no lack of wit and creativity with that lot. I can only imagine @JonahTheBard writing a haiku. Lord… then there’s @Hrairoo, @zephyr1, @Rook and the whole gang. Let’s hope we have a few laughs. I am gonna try a new topic tomorrow. My creativity is percolating! Could b all the mineral spirits I’ve been breathing in too but hey… puts hair on ur chest as they say*.

*For those lacking sarcasm breathing in mineral spirit fumes is actually dangerous and u should not do it. Seriously. Bad idea. Whew! That should keep the lawyers away.

8 Likes

Truthfully, you want
@Garanwyn, haiku master,
who writes in secret.

8 Likes

Hells yeah. I think @Hrairoo will bring it too and I KNOW @JonahTheBard will carpet bomb is with like 9! Lol

2 Likes

Carpet bomb, who me?
But I am on holiday
And have no WiFi

8 Likes

The Bard draws a blank,
Technology helps not,
Great things r to come.

3 Likes

For he has to wait
For the wifi
Or go grab a bait.

(No idea what i’m doing)

Ur on it @Saphirra. Any subject but should not rhyme. It’s 5-7-5 in reference to syllables but it doesn’t have to b that rigid. Just close to it…

@Saphirra is great,
Fun topics and lively banter,
Great Forum stuff.

3 Likes

Oh, so like this?

You farted on my couch
You dirty low-life yellow belly coyote
You farted on my couch!

That better, @EVA01?

Ur getting it! Just don’t repeat the first line and have a more wandering poet from the 60s vibe. Think Bob Dylan meets Thoreau.

1 Like

Okay, ok, how bout this.

You saw me sitting there,
All alone under the flowerless tree
So pretty, and so plain

4 Likes

That was perfection,
True beauty and yet plain,
Haiku badge you deserve.

2 Likes

On a side note writing haikus can just about always make u sound like Yoda! Added benefit…

4 Likes

Lol. I like yoda he’s
Lives in a swamp that bubbles
Likeca soda

1 Like

If u didn’t like Yoda chances r I would have to have u banned from the forum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well yoda and me are
The greatest of buds, we hang around
Watching Luke swim aground

Poor little Hrairoo,
Must use fingers to count up
To make this haiku.

9 Likes

Hark poets from afar
No pontificating please
You’ll be flagged for sure!

2 Likes