Guys, I need advice to set priority to build my team

You have some solid 4*s. Be happy about that. Just realize it will be a bit before they are ready to go.

Some of the best 3* heroes to look out for (excludes the new S3 heroes)
But please please please join a training alliance

I don’t think this was mentioned or asked but are you strictly F2P/C2P or P2P?

I can tell you even as a P2P who has sunk hundreds into this game, it still took me about 5 weeks before I could bring up my first rainbow 4* team to 3/60, and even that was quite resource intensive. As everybody else has mentioned, focus on your 3* right now, as they’re relatively cheap to get to 3/50. To put things into perspective for you, the amount of resources you’ll need to get one 4* to 3/60, you could almost max out two 3*'s.

I’d definitely put Bauchan from Avalon event up there as a really good 3* fire hero. His stats makes him a serviceable tank, but his special is truly one of a kind at the 3* level – 105% damage to all, 20% mana cut to all enemy team, +24% mana generation for all allies for 4 turns.

On offense, he basically turns average heroes fast, and fast heroes very fast. On defense and especially paired with a team of fast heroes, you better hope he doesn’t go off or you’ll be very sorry.

1 Like

Yes totally agree about Bauchan. I just used a file from one of my records. Didn’t want to throw too many heroes into the pot at this point. The best bet is to get lots of friendly advice from within a training alliance

Strongly disagree with all of the above!

You do NOT need to waste feeders on 2 star heroes, seriously. Either opt out of war for the near term, or, just have some bad teams. It’s not like 2-star teams will have a significant impact on any war in any alliance that isn’t a complete beginner alliance anyway.

You don’t need to keep 30 heroes locked. Just keep all your 3-stars and 4-stars. If that’s not enough, you always train more feeders or get them from silver tokens anyway. Use those heroes, then feed them off after you finish their war/titan hits.

When you hit in war, with those 1 or 2 star unlevelled teams, do mono; i.e only use yellow heroes, or only use red heroes on the same team, and so on. In this way, you can actually potentially cause some damage even to big teams, when the boards align. The same cannot be said with a rainbow 2 or even 3 star team.

Finally, in regards to levelling heroes, I wouldn’t prioritize 3 stars either. Work on your 4-star heroes. 3-star hero’s have a much lower shelf-life; they become useless rather quickly. 4-stars on the other hand, you’ll be using them for a long long time. They’re worth the investment.

I don’t think 4-star heroes at the same level as a 3-star hero is weaker. Even if it was, it’s a very small difference, and the special skills are usually better.

Level your 4-star heroes, when you can’t level them up anymore because of a material bottleneck, THEN you can go back and work on some 3-stars to build depth.

3 Likes

I concur. my first two maxed heros were Melendor and Bane. With that foundation I just used the wisdom of crowds and maxed my next best hero who I (tremendous luck) pulled with my first gem pull from VIP, Joon. I ignored the don’t get caught up and begin building a mixed 3,4,5. Granted I can’t beat a 3* event because of my lack of. But I have a crazy good stable now and option on what to build into the future. I say max the best team you can now while searching for better. After all that is the spending trap we enjoy.

1 Like

I feel there’s a case to be made for prioritizing a mix here, and your lineup is really lucky for this.

There’s a lot to be said for prioritizing 3 star heroes and generally i agree, but you’ve drawn two really good 4 stars in bt and caedmon who will take you far. Throw in balthasar, valen, and bane and you’ve got a mostly fast, moderately hard hitting team that can do everything you’ll need for a long time.

Once you finish valen you can decide if you want to switch over to kiril as your main heal/tank or keep running bt. If you drop bt you can start on kelile, but she’s pretty meh. Hopefully you’ll have drawn some more options by then.

Valen, balth, and bane will be event and 3 star tourney staples for a long time and are worth leveling.

Wish i had your luck to start!

Eh that doesn’t really sound like a good thing. The completion rewards for rare includes a 3* ascension mat as well as some emblems. The emblems you might not be able to use until a few months down the road, but I can’t tell you how painful it is to hit that mat wall and you’re just ONE. damn. mat. short. Seriously my Rigard lagged behind my other heroes by a month because I was missing that ONE last trap tool (which eventually dropped from a rare titan) to get him to the final ascension.

As for leveling 5* heroes early on, as long as you’re aware you’ll hit a wall HARD at 2/60, and that a 5* at 2/60 has about 90% the stats of a 4* at 3/60 (and hence less potential) but requires twice as much resources, then that’s entirely your choice.

I’m a P2P player but had terrible luck with summons in the beginning, with over 100 pulls and ZERO 5* to show for it. Turns out that was a blessing in disguise, because it forced me to focus on the 3* and 4* heroes I did get. Thus at about 3 weeks play time, I was able to beat the rare tier of Avalon with the help of axes and arrows. Now I’m 2 months into the game, and I just finished both the rare and epic tiers of pirates (again with the help of axes+arrows/bombs).

Within a span of about 3 weeks, I went from having all of my 4* stuck at 3/60, to now having leveled my first 4* rainbow team and working on my second. I seriously could not have done this had I dumped all my resources into 5*, because even with the mats I could only get them to 3/70, and a 5* at 3/70 is still less functional then a 4* at 4/70. Not to mention emblems just widen that power gap. Yes of course once you have the mats and resources to get 5* to 4/80, they’ll overshadow the 4*, but that’s a long, long road, and you’ll be missing out on so much in the process.

Basically the idea is, a maxed 4* team (with some emblems) can finish pretty much everything in the game (except maybe the last two tiers of the costume quest, and some class quests), and takes only half the resources to level compared to getting a 5* to 3/70. You’ll want to be able to finish as many of those rare quests and challenge events as possible for the guaranteed ascension items. Plus once you can start hitting titans harder and get a better score, there’s a higher chance for ascension items to drop as well. It’s all a positive feedback loop, and by choosing to focus on your 5* first, I do feel you might just stalling your own progress.

2 Likes

Many thanks to all of you.

1 Like

Rho I hear you, I may not have optimized my stable I was just interested in building a team I could win with early. To convince me to spend. I got super lucky and maxing a 5* team early before a 4* made more sense with my stable. Trust me it’s crazy good, I’m an RNG Hero who is mat limited now at a 5* level. No humble brag here, just million ways to skin a cat. If you have twigs you build a twig house, you have logs you build a log house. I’m just on the grind now, but do not regret skipping 4* and multi-3* team grind. In the end I believe I will have wasted less mats selectively leveling high value heros. cheers!

I disagree with the conclusion here. I wouldn’t say 5 star 3/70 is weaker than max 4 star, period. Depends on the heroes we’re comparing. Okay, their base stats certainly are lower, on average. That much is true. But how important is that 10% in your game? Not important at all.

You won’t miss out on anything. You can still do everything you need with 3/70 5 star heroes. and if you gather enough mats to ascend them again, you can get your 5 star hero to 4/40ish fairly quickly, making them much better heroes. You don’t have to push your head against the wall and max them to 4/80 right away.

a good 4 star hero certainly has value, and there are many 4 star heroes I’d level before most 5 star heroes.

But that doesn’t mean you should always level a 4 star over a 5 star, or, god forbid, level a bunch of 3 stars for depth…

That should only be done IMO, when you’re at a bottleneck for the higher heroes, and you have extra feeders that need to be used.

1 Like

Sure I agree the “max 4* before 5* first” is just a guideline and not an absolute truth. For example I myself leveled a Telluria to 2/52 because I needed her special to punch through the final tier of Frostmarch (my green bench is severely lacking, only Caed+6 and Melendor costume at 2/50; recently pulled Peters and power leveling him currently).

Then pulled Ursena from Atlantis and got her to 2/41 so I can avoid the embarrassment of having to drag along a 1/1 Sabina for the sorcerer class quests in the future. (left them at those specific levels because I calculated the amount of trainers I needed to get them to 2/60)

But getting a 5* to 3/70 is more resource intensive than getting a 4* to 4/70. I think the food cost alone is at least double if not triple. Then there’s also the amount of feeders needed, so leveling a 5* to 3/70 probably takes twice as long as getting a 4* to 4/70 on average I’d say.

Yes this game requires a lot of patience and you have to play the long game etc, but I’d much rather build a team I could use to complete all the rare quests earlier than later to start gathering those mats. If you focus on 5* too early, you might miss out on several rounds of the rare quests because they take that much longer to level (especially for a beginning player). I think that’s the logic behind “level 4* before 5*”.

1 Like

It’s a bit different for you, because you pull a decent amount and have access to a lot of 5 star heroes; then you can pick and choose which heroes you want to level.

For most beginner players, they don’t really have a huge selection, I think leveling the one or two 5 star heroes they have could make sense in terms of game-play in the long term, and more importantly, it makes them feel their special 5 star heroes are being used rather than just gathering dust. After all, there’s something special about 5 star heroes, especially for those who don’t have access to a lot.

But what I was trying to say, is, I don’t think the 4 star before 5 star proverb works all the way down.

I definitely wouldn’t do 3 star before 4 star. Even if that means missing out on 1 month for challenge events; and really, it probably will just be one month later at most in terms of rare tier challenge event completion.

I’m working on a new alt as we speak, and I’m liking my strategy; 12 days old, level 22, completely f2p. I won’t complete the rare tier challenge event this month, but that’s okay.

2 Likes

Lol I have the worst luck ever. For all the summons I’ve done, I have exactly FIVE 5* heroes:

• Telluria x2
  • Ursena
  • Richard
  • Atomos (are you freaking kidding me)

One is a dupe (granted awesome HOTM, but still a dupe), one is kinda meh (Richard), one is hot garbage and not worth even one feeder (Atomos), and finally there’s one that’s awesome (Ursena).

So it was pretty easy to pick which ones to level and which one will forever stay at 1/1 lol. In fact it kinda ■■■■■■ me off that Atomos is hogging one roster space I could use for something else. Literally the only reason he hasn’t become food is because he’s a 5* and there’s a 0.000001% SG might actually fix him in the future…

1 Like

Just to reiterate what @JGE and @SupremeAlienRaptor have said, I believe you should join a knowledgeable training alliance - check out Alliance Recruitment there are many. They should help you develop your roster, prioritise your heros that should be levelled and help you avoid many pitfalls. There are already differing views within this thread - so, I won’t offer my opinion, as I disagree with some of the advice you’ve been given :unamused:.

Anyway, I hope you’ve already clicked the padlock on all your valuable heros. There are many stories of people accidentally feeding a 5* hero :confounded:. GL :smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I choose to first foucs on 3* heros (Balthazar, Bane and Valen) that I have now. and for two other colors, I put 4* hero ( BOLDTUSK, MENLENDOR) in the team instead of use 2*.

It is also quicker to max a 3* than to get a 4* to 3/60, which gets you a stronger team faster. With that you can better gather the AM required to max the 4*. THEN you can start working on the 4* once you have a decent supply of AM.

Repeat this for 4* to 5* transition as well.

1 Like