Guvs Guide! - Destroying Recruits to Retrieve Food! Updated with Destroy Food, Iron and 1* / 2* heroes

I don’t see the need to destroy recruits. But I’ve kept my houses full and not collected from my advanced house for a month or two, as I just have too many of them to ever use, and they are tying up ham in TC11 that I might well be able to use.

I figure that once I get back down to 10k trainings pending in TC11, I might just try to hold them there.

OTOH, a long time ago I crafted 10k minor healing pots to use up common herbs and ham (ineffectively; I still have plenty!) and I’ve now got them down to 3k thanks to the alchemy lab. I figure when I get them down to match my regular healing pots (~2k), I’ll wait the 50 days for the alchemy lab to finish then pick another mode to use.

4 Likes

Naah think I was about 9 months in and got 2 tc11 a tc2 a tc20 running 24/7 due to atlantis it took time and effort to stock the extra backpacks from normal farming and get the We flasks from events. Did need a few atlantis to getting it running smoothly

If you’re low on ham, and need some right now, this is a way to get it. You’re passively doing the same thing by letting your houses sit full.

1 Like

Quite true. I’m not that low on ham these days. I have ham and finished heroes stored as I don’t feel really excited about the new 5* heroes I could finish … and am nearly out of 4* heroes to work on.

2 Likes

But for destroying food there is a much MUCH easier way: Just click on the reroll button for raids. This will destroy food, no need for a Building conversion!

4 Likes

I’m a long long way from destroying anything :joy: I will regularly farm 5-6k recruits in Atlantis. I use up pretty much all of them in 2-3 weeks in TC 2. One time I managed to run a TC2 from one Atlantis to another but mostly I run out in about 2 weeks if I don’t include daily backpack farming. I won’t say I’m hurting on recruits or ham … I’m sitting on about 8000 recruits at the moment and probably 11-12m food between my TC11 and 20. But it would run out really fast if I ran Tc 19 or started focusing on troops. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Reroll= 2,500 food destroyed
Conversion = 552,000 food destroyed

or

220.8 ratio of destruction.

1 Like

Conversion = requires a free builder
Reroll = does not require anything…

or over 9000 ratio of requirements… :laughing: :joy:

The whole idea is to store ham

I get that. My point was that you are wasting your ham by storing too many recruits. That’s not ham you can pull out and use efficiently the same way you would from a TC12 or TC20, etc… So instead of storing recruits endlessly, stop using that ham to store them and make use of it by crafting items, leveling troops or heroes or better yet actually do store it in those other TCs. We don’t need so many recruits since we reuse them by pulling and storing ham.

However, Guv gave excellent examples on how to handle recruits…

If you’re at the point of seriously considering this then having a free builder isn’t the limitation.

Destroying 1* / 2* heroes

Destroying 100%

Sort of

If you spend food

Feed 1* 1.1 Hero A any 2* 1.1 Hero B
Feed Hero A to another 1* 1.1 hero C
Hero C is now Hero A

Repeat until all 2* 1.1 gone

Repeat using remaining 1* 1.1 heroes until all gone

Example
Level Petri, er, Derric 1* 1.1 with Layla 2* 1.1
Level Aife 1* 1.1 with this copy of Derric

Edit, When destroying 100% Hero XP, it costs 1 k food per 1* / 2* hero.

Other methods listed below will preserve 10% ( Destroy 90% ), or 5% ( Destroy 95% ), of Hero XP, but cost more food

Photos

Click for photos

Got curious, ran it a few time

No video uploads, see above screenshots

Edit, Faster is

Level a 1* 1.1 hero with 10x 1* / 2* heroes

Repeat until only 1 x 1* 1.1, and A x 1*
1.10 heroes are left

Level the last 1* 1.1 hero with the 1*
1.10 heroes

Reason

This works because 1* 1.1 heroes have the lowest food cost to level

Destroying 90%

Feed 1* 1.1 Hero Z with 1* heroes until maximum
You now have a Pseudo 1* Trainer hero
Create Pseudo 1* Trainers until 1* 1.1 are gone

Example
Level Derric 1* 1.1 with 1* 1.1 until maximum level
Repeat with other 1* heroes until 1* 1.1 are gone

Feed 2* 1.1 Hero Y with 2* heroes until maximum
You now have a Pseudo 2* Trainer hero
Create Pseudo 2* Trainers until 2* 1.1 are gone

Example
Level Layla 2* 1.1 with 2* 1.1 until maximum level
Repeat with other 2* heroes until 2* 1.1 are gone

Destroying 95%

Feed 1* 1.1 Hero Alpha with 1*, and 2*, heroes until maximum
You now have a Pseudo 1* Trainer hero
Create Pseudo 1* Trainers until 1* 1.1, and 2* 1.1, are gone

Example
Level Derric 1* 1.1 with 1* 1.1, and 2* 1.1, until maximum level
Repeat with other 1* heroes until 1* 1.1, and 2* 1.1, are gone

Vote

Vote to change remove the problem in the future

([Suggestion,QoL] Change 1* 1.1 / 2* 1.1 heroes into 1* 1.1 / 2* 1.1 Trainer heroes, zero roster space for trainer heroes and EHT on level up or update Camps, and Level up, for all/new players [Catch up mechanic])

FIN

I came across this thread somehow, and read it, and it seems like the most counter intuitive thing I’ve read out here. I am confused on why I’d want to consider doing this - probably because I am not in the situation where it helps.

I’m not new, and I’m generally not clueless, so it must be my situation as a F2P who still has S1 5* heroes I don’t have and room for 260 heroes, with 1.5 years of TC 20 queued up and about 70 TC 20 heroes awaiting collection.

I suspect it doesn’t apply to me, but it’s so odd, I have to ask.

Because. Humans.

It is the conundrum of live service games

They add useless grinds ( looking at you color training, and advanced color training, in camps )

Players become bored of useless grind so they band together and figure out optimum strategy ( looking at you Uncommon training, and Extra low cost training, in camps )

But the game is balanced for players without access to the optimum strategy ( looking at you Level 30 4* troops for rainbow teams in a mono team game meta )

Now players following the optimum strategy have a glut of resources ( looking at you 14* titans and non farmable 3* ascension items )

Players with a glut of useless resources now need ways to get rid of them so they can enjoy new features ( looking at you Legendary training, and Soul Exchange )

So far I have deliberately destroyed food, recruits, iron, and 1* / 2* heroes

Have not figured out a reasonable way to destroy 1* / 2* troops, but luckily each account can have nearly infinite 1* / 2* troops ( I will let you know if I ever reach it, currently semi retired so only 520+ troops )

Edit, Destroy 1* / 2* troops same as destroy 1*
/ 2* heroes but it is 5 k food per destroyed troop. So if I ever reach maximum troops, I have that option

FIN

2 Likes

I have > 1000 days in tc11 and another 200 in HA2. If I could instantly destroy say 500 days of training, I’d have a nice increase in food.

It’s not the quickest activity though. First I should probably stay at max recruits so I don’t collect new ones.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers. Normally I can figure out why people would be doing some things, but that just seemed foreign to me.

I’m just sitting in my alliance dealing with 6-8* titans, and am content, so I figured it was something that didn’t apply.

What if I want to sell all these recruits to SG? :laughing:

I made a hard work to gather them. :laughing:

Yes but it requires a safe builder and advanced house. I just did some of it. It’s time intensive.

Then I got inpatient and destroyed both recruits and irons in hero academy

2 Likes

Utilize the “Guvs Guide Part 2” method to retrieve excess recruits from Training Camps like TC11 or TC20. Utilize an Advanced House and Free Builder for efficiency. As for “Best Cafes in San Antonio,” options like Press Coffee or CommonWealth Coffeehouse & Bakery offer delightful ambiance and quality brews.

Thanks Guv,
It took just about 1 1/2 hours to empty 535 days worth or TC 11 with results of increasing a TC 20 queue by 32 days and food stock by 600. It really helps to be able to get on with more productive TC 1 or 2 production. It feels like clearing out roster space at soul exchange. :+1: