Gunnar and brienne costume together?

Given Gunnar and Brienne is it worth using both in any combo of reg, reg or reg,cos or cos res or cos, cos?
They are similar and mainly I’m looking offense but if defense works I’ll consider.
Currently they are 3.1 reg and 3.50 costume with max skills so I’m wondering a out combos to see if I should finish the reg side, and I know it’s not much but I’ve got 4 and 5s backed up to do too.

Soon there’s gonna need to be a textbook with all the new heroes with s3, new event and seasonal knowing what they do and synergies lol. New class EP 101…lol

1 Like

Personally I maxed two copies of Bienne & costume (both with +7… Only 3* hero with emblems).

My Gunnar I only have 1x of.

I personally don’t use regular Gunnar much at all/ ever… Even on defence I don’t often use him except for MAYBE the 3* Rush Attack No Green.

The Costume Gunnar & Regular Brienne is a potent combination. Particularly useful for when you’re wanting to kill using tiles without aiming anything (e.g. challenge events).

If you’re dealing with a single target/ one with lots and lots of HP (e.g. a titan or stage 15 challenge event) costume Brienne is the better as her ongokng defence down will make successive hits more damaging (compared to Gunnar who is static).

Overall I personally use Brienne & Costume Brienne combination more. The last Tournament we had they were both staples in my 3-2 attack (off- colour 2x stack).

4 Likes

Costumed Gunnar → costumed brienne → regular brienne. Then let the tiles fly!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll leave Gunnar at 3.1 just run the max costume for now. I have brienne at 3.1 with max cos. I will just max another so I can use both at once. I’ve always been an attack type player from back in Atari 2600 til now so support play is new but a necessary thing now.

I came here to say this.

Also nice:
OG Gunnar + Costumed Gunnar + OG Brienne
like a mini Wilbur effect +atk boost

1 Like

Take a look at the top player listing during 3* tourneys.

You often see Brienne and Gunnar being used.

Like now during Buff booster tourney,

They are super useful,

The costumes let u be more creative in designing ur defensive line

Hey, I seek your advice. I have planned to put embles on my Costume Brienne and Brienne, purpose for future 3* tournament and occasionally hitting on the titans. Hope to hear your opinion on this.
PS: I learnt a lot about troops especially on your post and more so during your interview with EPB. Cheers

What specifically do you want to know?

Is it a good idea? depends on your personal roster & depth on emblems and emblem focus
Which path to take? depends on where you’ll be using them but I’d probably go HP > Def > Attack on both.

For Costume Brienne currently without emblems and I love it as it is my best defense down fella I go to. He is better than buddy. Occasionally he is killed in combat but not too bad as I able to fire his skill twice. Able to active his skill prudently instead overwriting it. I have emblems and wanting him to be flexible as much as possible ; weekly tournament and titans.
Just wonder which path would suit for both weekly tournament and titans?
Note: currently our titans 7* - 8* ( do wanna take 13* titan and mystic titan eventually)

Yeah definitely would follow HP and defence for her then.

1 Like

Thanks you very much.