:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Knights of Avalon Avalon
Image Aether Power Description
bulwark Bulwark At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% defense, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Word of the Queen
  • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 20%.
  • The caster and nearby allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +54% defense against Dark for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Guinevere.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Guinevere by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Guinevere by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guinevere by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guinevere by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Guinevere by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guinevere

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guinevere by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guinevere

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guinevere (post release)

Is Guinevere worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Guinevere would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Guinevere’s Primary Purpose is?

• Offensively Geared Healer/ buffer
  • Defensively Geared Healer/ buffer
  • Mana Controller

0 voters

What do you think of Guinevere compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Guinevere’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Guinevere worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, I’m not sure
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Guinevere is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Guinevere is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Wow, zero posts about ex best tank of the game in her own thread. That says a lot about what people think about Guinevere and her impact now. I was super-duper lucky to pull her yesterday with just 2 pulls. The only Avalon 5* I had was Lady of The Lake who in my honest opinion is great. I used to take her to any challenging stage of a quest or event. I also like to play her offensively in a green stack. The only flaw I can see is that she counters my own Zocc so I have to use them separately. And here comes my question to the veterans of this game. What are your thoughts about her nowadays. I know that she is hardly countered by Seshat but no one should judge a tank by the fact that there are one or two counters. I have never attacked too many yellow tank teams on raids just because my purple stack is kinda meh. I don’t have a good tank so I use LoTL. Now I am gonna switch to Guin and I don’t know what to expect from her. I know her reigns are over, there are Tellurias and Heimdalls everywhere but still, as I do not have a proper tank hero, she is like a blessing to me.

Feel free to share your thoughts about her. Do you experience any kind of problems when raiding her? Do you think her prime time is over? Anchor kept her A+ grade on defence 4 months ago so I guess she is not that bad in the world of Seshats.

2 Likes

I pulled Guin last Avalon and got her maxed out a couple months ago. I know she’s not in the meta anymore, but I’m relatively C2P and don’t have a lot of 5 star options, so she’s been my tank since. I have her +9 now and flanked by Alfrike and cSartana and I usually stay in low diamond, which is good enough for me!

Even though I am late to the game with her as tank, I’m still glad I pulled her and don’t regret leveling her. I guess for those who spend more money than me or have a bigger hero roster, it may be a different story…

3 Likes

Do you use her offensively or at least during the events/quests? My yellow stack is very strong, but I enjoy every single hero able to control the mana. I don’t think I will ever use her on raid offence but events is a completely different story. Minus 20 percent of mana for all enemies is a decent slowdown.

Hi folks,

I pulled her last Avalon event, and since then I use her as my main tank, with her bestah-sistah Lady of the Lake as right flank. Guinevere holds me in diamond cup easily, now she’s maxed and +17. She’s still a beast and quite annoying to beat.
She’s far more useful in defense, but I find her usable in offense too. In a yellow stack, her HOT and mana cut can be great, depending on the situation.

1 Like

I use her occasionally offensively, as her mana cut plus heal over time definitely comes in handy, especially in the more difficult event levels where I too want to control mana as much as possible. I also have had some luck using her in rush tournaments. However, most of the time I only bring her out on offense if I’m stacking yellow, as opposed to on her own.

1 Like

I yesterday realized that I haven’t used her in months, so I added a few emblems for her and added to my raid defense since I got a little nostalgic, and I’ve been blessed in Avalon and I wanted to make Guin-BK-LotL center lmao

That might be partially to the typo in the thread header (Gunievere instead of Guinevere), so it cannot easily be found using the forum search.

I will flag my post so that the moderators can change the title.

4 Likes

Fixed, thanks! :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

I’ve had guinevers for over a year, so far its rise is not in sight, maybe as a tank it would be good but otherwise I won’t use it … it used to have good statistics but it turned out like Vela, the hero only in numbers.

Whose a better yellow tank? Is guin just good for tank?

She’s probably the best yellow tank still…but that’s all she’s good for really, and who runs yellow tanks these days with the flood of fantastic dark heroes.

Ha. Me and onatel #20suitsmeok

I used her on offense for a while because of no other holy healer options, but I found that I usually do better if I just go 4-1 and bring costume rigard instead. I gave her emblems to Zeline since I don’t think it is worth it to emblem someone if their only purpose would be raid tank, I have other options that are good enough.

Wow, not a popular hero. I just pulled her and am super excited, I can pair her with Xylophone on defense and have one cutting mana and the other adding it! :+1:

Woot! Guin!

5 Likes

She used to be. Before my time (my time being July 2019) she was the queen, from what I’ve read.

Have a bit more of a search and you’ll find more. She was the first challenge 5" I pulled. I still have a lot of affection for her even if I don’t really use her anymore.

Great idea with Xman though!

3 Likes

Same for me. She was my first top tank back in summer 2020, and since then I can’t remember the last time I really used her in raid offense or war… However I still like her and hope she will get a buff maybe one day.

1 Like

I pulled her abouf a year ago. I use her offensively for wars and the occasional raids… I really like the mana cut.

1 Like

I just got her from AH10. Hm… Seems I have weird luck for very niche heroes. Running AH10 for a year or more now; got Perseus (didn’t even try to start leveling him… seems more outdated than S1 heroes), Grimble (well; at least he helped me immensely with the last stage of S IV) and now her. A few years ago she was an amazing tank. Currently… no clue. Not sure if I should even level her. I’m very c2p, so my roster isn’t amazing. And I maybe could use a yellow hero(ine). But. Hm. Is she still useable in wars/raids?