šŸ“Æ Gullinbursti ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 4* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I tried this and if you fire him before he deals damage, the new modifier replaces the old without dealing any damage.

4 Likes

So rush attack you can just overcharge him and stay safe?

If you donā€™t mind doubling your opponentā€™s hit points :slight_smile:

Now we have a decent tank in raid tourneys absent purple heroes. This fat Gull will be hard to take down

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™m starting to think he might be broken. Right now my Gullinbursti is at 3.12, so lots of growing to do. I took him and Wilbur to S3 8.8. In the boss fight I fired him and Wilbur when Jott was charged and about to do his AoE attack. The result of that one hit (on my 3.12 Gullinbursti) was this:

I wonder what will happen when heā€™s fully leveled. And note the HP he gave all my heroes

Update: I started playing around with him in actual raids even at 3.12, and I am pretty confident that he does not get the attack bonus on his special damage. He hits hard, but not ā€œwipe out entire teams in one shotā€ hard. He does get the huge tile damage bonus for those turns though.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: now we know why heā€™s slow

3 Likes

What sort of damage are we talking when you tried him on raids? Because ā€œhits hardā€ doesnā€™t sound like 285% of max 603 atk? Thatā€™s similar to grimble at slightly lower % and higher skill and he seems to do around 275ish damage in raids.

1 Like

Mine is only at 3.12 with an attack at 523 with the minion and I was getting a little over 200 damage to each opponent and I was using him against teams in the diamond league so they had strong defenses. Since damage isnā€™t linear I expect that when maxed he will do considerably more. For the Grimble comparison, Grimble does 235% to all and Gullenbursti was pretty easily getting to 284%. And their base attacks are pretty similar when maxed. So he should hit harder than Grimble. Also he was getting tile damage double what Freya and Vela were getting and they are maxed 5*. I canā€™t think of another healer that hits that hard.

As far as those numbers go, +285% attack seems to be the max he can get. I was using Wilbur to boost that, but it wasnā€™t really necessary. He seemed to get there pretty easily even when I didnā€™t fire Wilbur, especially against teams with minions.

1 Like

Why does Wilbur boost it?

All pigs are equal but some are even more equal than othersā€¦ :wink:

SGG introduced the
Bacon Saver :rofl:

18 Likes

The way he works, a hit on anyone on your team will boost his attack and damage output. Wilbur makes it so that every hit gets distributed as a hit on everyone. So when Jott fired his AoE into Wilbur the 5 hits were all distributed and boosted Gullenbursti 25 times. Thereā€™s a cap so he didnā€™t get all of that, but you get the idea. You could do the same with Gunnar/Kailani and An Windr

8 Likes

Gullinburstiā€™s health booster stacks at unreal levels for all allies. You thought beating Telluria with 20 emblems in a raid was hell before? Try putting a dent in her with 2x the health!! Try putting a dent in anyone with over 3000 health points! Gullinbursti has been my favorite hero to test in Beta. He has to be slow for what he can do, or else he becomes way too overpowered. He is absolutely worth leveling. Iā€™m excited to have him in my real in-game account!

17 Likes

Double health is max, but that could be 3500 hpā€¦

Realistic is around 2 to 2.5 K.

I knew there was a cap. I was thinking it was higher, but I guess not. Still, he really makes it hard to kill enemies.

1 Like

Will the crying start again with this talk about QUEBRADO? Guys, look for something useful to do and not stay here complaining about the few heroes that you are. SINCERELY, that sucks.

Iā€™m not complaining, Iā€™m just trying to figure out how his mechanic works. I initially thought he was going to be doing 284% damage to all with 2000+ attack, which is maybe a little bit high. But that isnā€™t whatā€™s happening so I donā€™t think he needs to be changed at all. Heā€™s a good hero and Iā€™m recommending him to people.

3 Likes

We shouldnā€™t even talk about changing heroes after being released. This is causing a considered number of players to give up. this is horrible.

2 Likes

I totally get where youā€™re coming from and I agree, but I hope you would agree that a healer with the power to one-shot entire teams would be broken.

3 Likes

Broken or whole, it was launched that way, so I leave it alone. I donā€™t care if I have the hero or not, if I have difficulty or not to make him sick, if my opponents will take advantage of me or not. Hero cast does not have to modify. The moderators should forbid this talk of changing heroes, this is ending the game.

2 Likes

I think most will agree itā€™s best not to need to rebalance anything but in this instance a few people thought he may have been OP but on further inspection and a constructive conversation it appears he is not. I feel like you havenā€™t read the whole thread or you would have understood this?

Either way your point about not talking about any potentially OP heroes is off topic in this thread imo

1 Like