📯 Gullinbursti – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Gullin was better the way it was with this “bug” which more than a bug was a feature (quoting bethesda) imho.

4 Likes

you can’t call it a bug if t does what the card says for over a year…

well I mean you can call a dog a cat now a days nevermind…

1 Like

Hahahahaha! I self identify as a golden pig myself! Show some respect!

2 Likes

I still think Gullinbursti is a great 4* even with this change.

Yeah he is great even before the bug… but with that bug he was, erhm, greater!

1 Like

It makes no sense why this was changed. That is not a bug, that’s according to what the card says. When the effect has ended it procs the aoe anyways. So when the new skill is replacing the old one, it counts as the old effect has ended.
It’s already stated in the card
Ironic that I was praising this effect yesterday, then this ■■■■ happens

2 Likes

Because Dev doesn’t want it that way?

It’s the same logic underlying why Piggie damage can bypass Ursena’s yellow reflect. I don’t see the logic in that, still don’t but Dev wants it that way. They can term that anyway they want to. It still isn’t logical to me.

If pig had bypass, yeah okay. That I buy.

So … back to topic, my guess is Dev doesn’t want a grade A 4* to become a must have for 5* rush war/ 4/5* events or event tournaments.

Piggie is still good. Just not as omni-potent as he could be.

1 Like

No matter what they can’t just pull an exception because it’s already stated in the card. That was seriously one of the most badass thing the pig could do. Seriously everytime I learn something new about the pig when I come here. Now this feature is removed and I’m sad

I know how you feel. I have piggie too.

Game account doesn’t belong to us. Dev can decide the direction they want, when they want.

Piggie is still good.

They revert the change, it wasnt like that on start…

I lost a tournament from this bug, where I planned to charge piggy, when his special was on, only to be surprised, he dealt me dmg before applying a new buff…

He is still golden one!

3 Likes

Piggy is still good but not on Tank in 4 stars Tournament anymore

as has been mentioned, it was a reversion to the way Gullinbursti originally worked, and i will argue until i’m blue in the face that “when the effect ends” doesn’t include when the effect reprocs because “the effect” of the attack boost (“rage” as it’s called in the status effects page) continues. the only two things that should proc the damage are the turn counter or dispel.

it will never not be hilarious that they broke Gullinbursti in V39 right as a 4* no dark Rush Attack tournament started. :rofl:

they have to pick one tho… wither it ends or it doesn’t… you cannot have it end in one instance and not end in another?

if I reactivate the pig does the 20% increase keep going… NO… so it ended…

now… the hero has a bug.

smh

1 Like

the effect either ends or it doesn’t… the hero now has a bug or a misprint on the card

heros has been a certain way for over a year…

he’s always done this… just that he was slow and it didnt’ happen often…

you could alwys bring mana and force his effect to end… he’s a slow hero… slow heros are strong isn’t that the idea? because they are slow?

if the effect doesn’t “end” then the 20% increase should not restart…

Yep, that’s the strongest argument why gulli as he now is, is wrong.

Either all effects end or non when I fire him again.
But it can’t be that the boosted attack ends and I have to start from the beginning when I fire him again, but him doing damage doesn’t end and goes on without doing damage.

So if it’s a complete new effect when l fire him again, reset the higher atk and let the pig do damage.

Or its just the same effect longer, let him keep his higher atk and don’t let him do damage.
But that wouldn’t work with all the other effects, because they are reseted when the hero fires again.

1 Like

100% agree with your post. Either you include everything or you don’t. And Ironically gullin is bugged now. I will laugh if there’s a bug post in the future when someone with a brain actually complained that gullin does not proc his old aoe when a new one is activated
And why touch him now when he’s one year in already?

1 Like

this is all the same bullet point on Gullinbursti’s card:

“the effect” is the caster getting this scaling attack boost. firing the special before the turn counter is up continues the effect; it doesn’t cause it to end.

Gullinbursti was broken starting with the Version 39 release, which was mid-June. he’s been broken for two and a half months, not over a year. prior to V39, Gullinbursti worked as he does now in V41. what’s particularly hilarious is that breaking Gullinbursti in V39 happened right as this particular tournament was about to get underway.

then he would be inconsistent with every other (de)buffer in the game. if you fire Athena or C. Brienne before their defense downs end, they reset the counter, even if the enemies were already at -65% defense; does that mean the enemies’ defense down “ends” upon refiring?

if you fire Black Knight once and take minion damage so now all your allies are at +105% attack, then fire Black Knight again, the counter resets to +45% attack. does that mean the attack boost “ends”?

1 Like

Actually it does it goes back to the -41% defense down… because it ended and restarted.

Other wise it wouldn’t change if you retap her … but it does. Go a head and try it.

In order to start something back at the beginning… that run with it ends you. Can’t start over if you don’t end.
That’s just with everything in general.

Going for a jog start back at the beginning you’re 1st run is over.

Playing a video game , hit reset… your turn is over.

You cannot reset something and have the initial thing keep going.

Your actually helping my point tho please continue.

Also not to mention they had him like this forEVER and decided to change a SLOW hero… ohh come on. He’s not even chased after. Leave us alone. Try working on the crashing and qol issues quit messing with a hero we’ve been using for years. Seriously I’m like one of the most laid back ppl. This is ridiculous.

There’s hero’s like miki… and they gonna mess with a 4* pig that some ppl happen to have.

i did say that the defense down reset to the starting point, but the enemies still have defense down. it doesn’t “end” because if it’s fired before the end of the previous effect, there’s no point at which the enemies don’t have defense down. they need to not have defense down ailments in order to say the effect “ended.”

not necessarily. in your running examples, you’re still running. even if you’re running laps on a track, it doesn’t end your run just because you reached your initial starting point again.

in your video game example, how is it analogous to Gullinbursti? just because you reset a console or computer doesn’t mean you stopped playing video games.

and i showed you that this isn’t true. Gullinbursti worked one way prior to version 39, V39 changed him, and now V41 changed him back to the way he used to work. the thread that first pointed this out is dated July 6, 2021.

1 Like

If it doesn’t end … as you believe

Then the caster should get a further 20% increase every time they or any of their allies are hit during the 3 turn …

^^^ that is what it says ends.

Thanks for helping :joy::joy: