Gullinbursti (also An-windr), is this a bug or not?

The screenshot shows that Gullinbursti scored the maximum attack + is under the buffs of the king of the Apes and the Daring Fang. However, when he attacks, his buff does not work and passes the normal attack! Question - is this how it should be or not? If so should be, then why does he need all these buffs in the skill if he does not use them, what is their meaning?

I asked this the day they came out. Still looking for an answer.

One thing I realize since a year ago is that the green number displayed is misleading. It was only used in normal/puzzle attack but for special skill there is another calculation.

What is the point then of his buff to increase the normal attack by as much as 267% if he still does not attack anyone at this time? and why is there caedmon, if we are talking about gullinbursti ( or an- windr )?

Puzzle is normal attack.

You can do normal attack with puzzle and special attack is automatically casted when the duration end.

but it still remains useless and in my opinion even stupid. like if you give a swimmer oars without a boat. It is quite difficult to collect this percentage and its only use is possible only with stones or from a random poke.

In any case, from an attack that charges as much as 3 moves, I expect more and not this zilch

It is time bomb that get stronger with each turn, if dispelled, it will fire, if not dispelled it will fire with greater damage when the turn end.

are you kidding? above are screenshots on which it is clearly visible that this is a zilch and not a bomb! with all % to attack, the final damage is minuscule.

I would call this attack a " mosquito fart"

That is what I am talking about regarding the Caedmon reference.

With +48% attack my Caedmon special damage only increased by 18%…

That green number is misleading…

Okay, I initially misunderstood you, translation difficulties)

Your Gullinbursti have +500% attack, but in the current formula they use, that only apply to normal/puzzle attack.

In special damage the +500% attack wasn’t added to attack stat, instead it is added to the % of special damage, so it become 260%+500% = 760% damage.

The result is is instead of becoming 11x times deadlier ((100%+500%)/100%)^1.35), it only become 4x deadlier ((260%+500%)/260%)^1.35).

There seems to be some confusion about how % stacking works for special damage.
There is:
A. Skill % damage (e.g. 260% damage), stated nominally in the skill description.
B. Attack stat % buff, which affects the hero’s base attack and may or may not stack additively with other buffs of the same stat (e.g. with Boldtusk or Wukong)

With An-Windr and Gullinbursti, the issue is that they lose the berserker attack buff before hitting with their special. It only applies to any slash attacks / tiles while the buff is active.

If it worked the way everyone expected, you would first need to calculate the final attack stat (base attack * [1 + sum of attack buffs]), and then substitute that into the formula (attack / defense)^1.35 * skill%.

There is no direct addition of percentages between the skill% damage and the attack buff %.

1 Like

Should have been like that.

But forum research in the thread I quoted indicate otherwise. In special damage, attack buff % wasn’t added to attack stat, instead it is added to % special damage. Otherwise how come Caedmon only get his skill damage increased from 450 to 550 after getting +48% attack buff?

1 Like

Perhaps because the formula is not exactly linear (+48% applying before the ^1.35 part)?

The higher the defense value in this case, the lower the actual scaling off attack is going to be.

Gullinbursti skill, I think it is two different cases. It has 2 special seperated effect.

1. Attack Buff

The caster gets +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they or any of their allies are hit during 3 turns.

This effect is applied for tiles and special skill from caster (but the caster does not have direct damage skill, the 2nd skill is applied after this turn end, so there are no addition from this +att buff).
Every turn if caster or any of their allies hit, increased by 20%, so turn 1: 45+20, turn 2: 45+40, turn 3: 45+60, so maxmimum is 105%.
OK, that’s it for the 1s case. Period.

1. Deal damage after the att buff end

When the effect ends, the caster deals 164% damage on all enemies. Each hit on the caster or their allies during the duration increases the damage by 10% to maximum of 288% damage.

The caster does damage 164%.
But during in the active buff if the caster or their allies hit enemies it will add 10% on each hit, but maximum is 288%.
So the end of turn maximum attack is 288%, not more.
288-164 = 124, so optimal hit is about 124/10 = 12,4 hit (tiles).

Well, so in my opinion, this skill is an absolute disappointment, because:
first - it is difficult to gain the maximum %,
secondly - the duration of preparation takes as much as 3 moves,
third - a good increase in the attack affects only 1-2 moves and then only on the stones, and at the output we have scanty damage that does not correspond to expectations and spent efforts!

1 Like

I don’t think you can really judge his damage when he’s only at 1-1 or something, I see his stats are very low. I got him as well, and others have said he looks really strong. Being able to double everyone’s max health before the boss wave in any challenge event or PvE encounter is amazing. In raids not necessarily as strong because he’s slow, but probably still usable.

His special damage happens after his self-attack buff disappears, so it won’t get that massive attack stat, just 288% at max. However his tile damage in the turns before can be extremely high.

I don’t dispute that he’s a great Hiller. But what about his attack I think everything is obvious and on the 1st level, there is no need to develop it in full to appreciate his attacking part of the skill.
As for the fact that he has a good % damage from stones, I repeat-to get this % is quite problematic and the duration of the action is only 1-2 moves and then only for yellow stones, which are also quite often difficult to find.

Mine just finished a corner Viv with his special attack.

His or her? heavily buffed tiles are more a nice addition and maybe useful on titans.

All in all a great 4* with 5* stats.