(Guide) I created 7dd a few years ago. Here's how we went from Nothing to #1

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this @Avicious

This is certainly something many a leader can use and learn from.

2 Likes

Good question! Follow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Avicious , thank you for this.

For myself, I was in an Alliance with 30 members but it became a sleeping one. We, 5-7 very active and growing players left with another 8-10 semi active players to start a new Alliance. Iā€™m leader and I have two co-leaders. But still struggling to get new members and sometimes hard to get all the members along.

But we keep trying and learning! Sometimes I want to become a member of a (semi) top Alliance but I started my own and know the responsibilities.

Thanks again! cheers Wim

1 Like

Great guide mate, it was very insightful.
Do any of your alliances use Discord? If so, was there a noticeable improvement to any aspect of your alliance? Or is using Line enough?

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually one point Iā€™d like Avi to add to his original post. Organization and structure is also very important.

Besides our public Discord channels, we have channels for all our 7D alliances on our server, yes. :slight_smile: Itā€™s really helpful imo! Separate rooms for titans, wars, general chattery etc. Especially having a separate announcements channel and being able to tag everyone is very helpful.
However, Line is evenly important, especially for sharing videos (e.g. war hits).

7 Likes

Thank you everyone. This was nice to wake up toā€¦

God bless you for doing that jobā€¦ lol

4 Likes

Rooky! Iā€™m trying to multi-quote and it goes under the users comment AND at the end of the post. What am I doing wrong? Donā€™t want to reply to every comment and make this thread too hard to read.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

-Added Discord/Line Communication topic per @Aquaginera_7DDā€™s request (in original post and here):

Discord/Line Communication
I prefer Discord. It is extremely robust and offers everything you need to run an alliance, and then some. LINE was too rigid for me, although both serve its own purpose. I had already envisioned a multi-game alliance, though it turned into a multi-alliance game and family. Every alliance has its own set of channels they can customize at any time and each alliance is run autonomously under the 7d umbrella. We recruit and discuss the game with public chat channels in Discord. While LINE is great for a single alliance, Discord is far superior in handling multiple alliances and a strong community. LINE is better at handling videos.

4 Likes

Nice read, thank you @Avicious , very good advice, much appreciated! Do you think ā˜…KamiKazeā˜… is a catchy name? I like alliance wars, cant wait to start :rofl: and be competitive :+1:

1 Like

We did! When I went on hiatus, we had 8 competitive alliances and 3-5 Resting/Casual alliances. @Aquaginera_7DD may have different numbers now.

Lots of valuable information. Thanks a lot. As leader in the alliance of 30 players, some things from the list will be implemented.

2 Likes

A good starting place would be 7 Days [your alliance name here]

Lol jk

5 Likes

Iā€™m just toilet-papering @Aquaginera_7DDā€™s house in my spare time. He doesnā€™t know whoā€™s doing itā€¦

4 Likes

Weā€™re currently at 7 competitive alliances and 3 resting/casual alliances. :slight_smile:

One very important thing to keep an eye on when having multiple alliance within a family is structure or uniqueness of the alliances. The more alliances you have and the stronger those alliances get, the more specific their recruiting requirements get. Up to a point where some of your alliances might even be looking for the exact same recruits and requirements. Hence, youā€™re risking to cannibalize each other.

At a ā€œlower levelā€ it is less of a problem because the lower the level, the more people are in the recruiting pool that meet your requirements. However, once several of your alliances start breaking into the top 100, caution is advised. The recruiting pool for top 100-level players is already small. If you go up even higher, it gets smaller and smaller pretty quickly.

What helps is having and communicating USPs (unique selling points) for each of your alliances. Like this, they might still look for the same recruit-level but it is easier to tailor your recruits to either the one or the other alliance, based on which of the USPs your recruit is valuing more. It makes every of your alliance unique and not just another one. :slight_smile:

Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:
@Avicious If you wanna add a paragraph about it, feel free to do so. However, this mostly applies to a family of alliances and less so to a single alliance. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I quote and answer one, then quote, copy, and edit/paste my answer again, discarding the second, third, etc quotes once I have copied out what I need.

Iā€™m happy to help if you need me. See pm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy crap what a processā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why itā€™s easier just to quote/answer each person at a time. :grin:

2 Likes

Eh keep it simple yet interesting

Just respond to the bottom of the thread and let em figure out who youā€™re talkin to and what youā€™re talkin aboutā€¦sure jonah can make a forum game of it

5 Likes

ā€œTagalong with Rigsā€ a never ending, never boring game of clean up where you take the role of moderator and try to keep the forums intact!

5 Likes

Moderator Translation - Guvnor
Excellent it is important I think that the developers the game as such should reward that work that is done as a leader there are many daily efforts to maintain an active alliance it is not easy to deal with 29 players

Excelente es importante creo que los desarrolladores el juego como tal deberƭan de premiar ese trabajo que se hace como lƭder son muchos los esfuerzos diarios para mantener un alianza activa no es fƔcil lidiar con 29 jugadores

1 Like