(Guide) Anchor's Complete Guide to Hero Grades

Oh no, I got her and hoped she is a really good one.
Do you think she is generally not so good or only for a raid defense team?

I think that ā€œa bit underwhelmedā€ means ā€œnot A+/Aā€ in this case :smiley:
Donā€™t worry Delilah is pretty good imo and good target for leveling up and using ascension items. Although Iā€™m not an expert :slight_smile:

Delilah is amazing for Wars FYI

3 Likes

And sheā€™s good for raiding. @Revelate used her in beta on titans and the minions never lived long enough to be a speed problem he said.

she for sure is. But in a Viv vs. Delilah conversation i would say its equal between them. Basically i would say
Raid offense = both are the sameish
Raid defense = Delilah is better
Titans = Viv is better
Wars = Delilah is better
Events = Viv is better

7 Likes

yup

TL:DR version, both are very good. Donā€™t be disappointed if you have one but not the other. They are both worth darts (but try and get Joon first :wink: )

2 Likes

@Anchor @Xero786 @Dante2377 - thank you all for replying, very helpful. I have been desperate for a 5* healer on my primary account, so when I pulled Delilah on my first draw 10 attempt this month I was thrilled. Iā€™m one that spent too much on draws trying to get Alberich at the time, and numerous attempts for Vivica without success as well. (my second account pulled Alberich without spending much at all, as I try to focus my spending primarily to my first accountā€¦and naturally my second account has pulled 2 Vivicaā€™s from trainers too now. Oh, and Delilah as well when trying to draw Jackal last challengeā€¦go figure.)

I forget you guys in beta get to use them when coming up with these comparisons! I agree with the break down between Delilah and Viv - they definitely seem similar. I like the faster mana if I had to pick one of them.

Going back to Obakan - thanks for elaborating on him as well. My primary account doesnā€™t have very good purple/dark options, so Iā€™m hesitant on him. Didnā€™t get Hel, but wish I had tried harder to do so! Holding out hope for Sartana still. (Naturally, my second account also pulled Sartana from a trainer recentlyā€¦freaking lucky account. Also has Thoth, which Iā€™m less impressed with.)

I way underestimated Ares when he was released and now regret not making more of an attempt to pull him. Heā€™s great - still not sure of Natalya either as you have to take her to max to really gain the benefits of her full strength, but Iā€™ll at least get her to 3-70.

thanks again - these discussions are very helpful in deciding whether to ā€œspendā€ ascension items on heroā€™s or not. Iā€™ve gotten to where I stock up on them and am picky about what 5* Iā€™ll take to level 4, unless I already have enough items to do a second one, then Iā€™ll ascend one like Thoth or Obakanā€¦

1 Like

I dont have neither, but in my mind Delilah would be freaking awesome for event. You could go to bosses with full health + 39% over health and 48% attack in every turn from 5 people. Of course you would lose some minions and this would not be up all time, but except from bosses that do AOE damage, some heroes get no damage at all in a few turns, plus in times when you get a yellow diamond, its no use to use Vivi right away or a 1-2 rounds after, but you could use Delilah right away.

I dont even have a single 5*, it was just my thoughts before trying to get delilah.

You do bring up a good point. However the problem with Delilah in events is inherent within her special. The minions are a problem as having multiple minions fire every turn adds up to a lot of time in the end. So if you are trying to place in the event, the minions (and Delilah) lose value. But if you are just trying to complete it, she is great!

2 Likes

Yes, me from having no 5* at all and, I dont know, 80-90% of people dont stand a chance in trying to be top 100, so we dont care about time. But in your case, It would be better to have 100% life and lose some time or be with less life and losing no time?

1 Like

you want a good balance. I use Boldtusk and make sure to use his heal at then end before i finish a round. In general though, i have seen faster runs with large number of combos and heroes with less health have a lot higher scores then slower runs but heroes at full health.

1 Like

Quick question:. Why the extra love for Grimm (A rating) over Gormek (B rating)?

Gormek is a bit better defensively and significantly better in HP than Grimm. Yes, Grimm has the edge in offense but I find that Gormek lasts at least 1 strike longer than Grimm so that would negate Grimmā€™s offense stat edge. I always prefer seeing Grimm in my opponentā€™s raid team vs. Gormek. Gormek is quite the 4* beast! Grimm is a bit of a glass tiger imho.

Anecdotally, Grimm seems much more popular than Gormek in a way that Caedmon seems to be over Sonya. Never understood why in either case (especially Caedmon over Sonya).

1 Like

lasting one more turn is rarely game changing. A few more things:

• A Grimm special hitting you is serious hurt, Gormeck is like having a wet noodle thrown at you. You need other stronger heroes for Gormeck to really shine
  • If dead, the tiles Grimm brings with him are no joke (they are 5* level) whereas Gormeck tiles areā€¦ underwhelming.

Grimm with his massive attack plus his def debuff is one of the deadliest heroes in E&P all by himself. I still use him against 10* red titans.

8 Likes

lol re: wet noodle! Yes, Sonya and Gormek make a nice 1-2 punch in my 4* lineup!

Excellent explanation Zero. Thank you for taking the time. I will continue leveling my Grimm in earnest!

1 Like

I figured the rating was due to hero color.? Grimm is probably the best 4* regular blue, while BT the best 4* red.

Bottom line, you probably wanna get at least one each Grimm/Gormek/Tib, and at least one each Kiril/BT. Mix and match as needed for your particular take. And also probably want at least one each of Mel/Sabina/Rigard.

2 Likes

Thanks Havok. I have fully leveled Gormek, BT, Mel and Rigard. Working on Tibs, Grimm and Sabina now (not to mention Viv at 3^70) Lots of mixing and matching options!

1 Like

Someone will help without a doubt :slight_smile:
You can also post then here if you want to

Please post in a new thread so we donā€™t get off topic here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great explanation @Xero786. Grimm scares me. Luckily, he can be sniped easily.

Grimm is definitely a beast 4*. All the pulverizers tend to be good versus titans - I donā€™t use Grimm as much on my primary account for titans because Athena is better and his defense buff overrides hers if fired in wrong order.

Iā€™m finally getting Delilah into the 4th ascension a bit, and sheā€™s very impressive to me. I have Vivica at approximately the same level and am really liking Delilah. Delilahā€™s minions HP comes from her, so with a HP boosting troop added to her those little guys can have pretty sizable HP, especially given that you can stack up to 3 of them on all heroes. So the % heal associated with these minions technically could be way higher for these 13% dudes since are based on her stats, not the recipient. I could field a team of 3* heroes with roughly 600 HP when they are full, then stack another 550 HP of minions on them in theory with mana potions.

Attack stats look to be based on the specific hero the minion attaches to, and the strong/weak color pattern stands. Iā€™m curious to see how this would work versus a purple titan if I went with 4 yellows for the minion attacks - probably not enough to out-perform simple Wu Kong tile matches, but Iā€™ll play with it once anyway.

On the challenge events i know there are also several times where iā€™m trying to finish a level fast and have 1 stinking monster in a corner that i canā€™t get any tile matchesā€¦the minions might actually help finish a level more quickly in this situation.

Anyway, just a bunch of random thoughts - still donā€™t think of her as a great titan attack hero, and probably is not a huge boost to defense team, but certainly strikes me as a very good offensive weapon and healer when raiding and general game play.

I almost never am able to beat a team with Gwen - sheā€™s an absolute beast still. Of course my purple 5* hero options are by far my weakest, which doesnā€™t help, but sheā€™s very strong on defense.

3 Likes