(Guide) Anchor's Complete Guide to Hero Grades

Hi Anchor, Thanks for your hard work. It’s very help full. Any grade for the season II heroes and Khiona?

2 Likes

Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone know if there are a set of standards or metrics used in Anchor’s rating of the heroes? Or is it subjective and more or less his personal opinion? I can’t find anything online that explains how the rating system is done.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The ratings are subjective, based on extensive experience both using and attacking the heroes, both in production and beta. Recognize that all the players involved have been playing the game for a long time and have extensive benches of heroes, so our perspective is not the same as that of a F2P or C2P person just starting the game.

Also there’s always an important caveat: five great heroes do not necessarily make a great team, and a solid team can be constructed from five merely okay heroes. Knowing and exploiting the synergies among heroes is extremely important.

2 Likes

Is there any word on when this will be updated for the Atlantis heroes and Khiona? Impatiently waiting for this update - I have a very full Atlantis hero roster with duplicates and I’m not sure who to keep and who to discard. Also, I’m not sure if it’s worth putting effort into attempting to get Khiona.

I appreciate the work put into making this spreadsheet!

2 Likes

It’s extremely debatable. I don’t think Drake should have gotten anything other than an A. There seem to be a lot of people singing his praises when fully ascended & leveled - even above Joon

1 Like

It’s not the official ranking, but one of Anchor’s contributing editors, @Wharflord , has posted his preliminary rankings for Season 2 heroes here:

3 Likes

Thank you, this is a gigantic help!

2 Likes

Obakan

@Anchor how would you rate Obakan’s (and similar) effect at the light of the new fix?
To me only a very fast speed could make him worthy now…

And I believe that there is an error with Scarlet’s speed ranking:

1 Like

Adjusted Scarlett!

Thanks for the catch,

Obakan still stays the same. He’s still an average hero in general. Not awful but not great (which is unfortunate because he’s one of my favorites)

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Obakan vs Alasie question

I’m a bit late to the party, but as new-ish player (sub 3 months), I wanted to say how invaluable this guide has been for me and members of my alliance.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you guys enjoy it and it has been helpful!

4 Likes

@Anchor what do you think about adding to the grades and ‘event’ section?
What heros are best for events, there are some that really stand out such as Falcon, who would get an easy A or A+, all the color debuffers.
I really love the challenge on playing events and going for the high scores, your videos have been a blessing for me, since that is your specialty id suggets adding an event section to the grades. Thanks! Peace!

Sorry, Gobbler Tiles damage is wrong.

His attack is 737. Melendor 714, Skittleskull 728 and Little John 741.

His grade is a B, Melendor A, Skittleskull A and Little John A+.

1 Like

I want to echo the desire to see the hero name column and grade header row frozen so they remain visible when scrolling.

Also, how should 5* grades and 4* grades be compared? Is a 4* A/B better/worse/equal to a 5* B/C? I hate to burn a 5* but if it’s really not as good as a 4*, burn away I shall. (example - Caedmon v. Yunan, Gadeirus v. Yunan, Merlin/Tiburtus vs. Quintus). My main ascension limitation is on Fine Gloves which impacts Tier-4 4* vs. Tier-3 5*

1 Like

4* and 5* heroes are being graded on the same scale. So an A 4* like Grimm is judged as better than a B 5* like Misandra.

This is one reason I advise new players not to be laser-focused on 5* heroes. You can build an all-A team of 4* that will outperform a group of mediocre 5* even at full ascension.

6 Likes

Thank you for saying this. I’ve been trying to convince the newer players in my alliance of this for ages. Maybe they’ll take more notice of you if I direct them to your post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s accept Anchor et al.'s ratings as gospel (although reasonable minds may disagree). I’ve converted these letter grades to numbers (A+=4.3, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1) and weighted the Overall category scores by ⅜, ⅜, ¼ reflecting my judgment about the importance of various aspects of he game. That gives an aggregate “Grade Point Average”. Here are the top 20 and ties:

56%20PM
As you can see, seven 4* heroes are in the top 20 (okay, 27 counting ties): Wilbur, Wu Kong, Boldtusk, Kiril, Grimm, G. Jackal, and Proteus. Scrolling further down the list, in the top 30 (and ties) heroes we find six more: Peters, Hansel, Gretel, Merlin, Gafar, and Ameonna. Azlar, Horghall, Elena … all are below them.

Bottom line: a rainbow team like Boldtusk, Grimm, G. Jackal, Proteus and Caedmon (#44) will do extremely well in most applications. Add another rainbow for titans, say: Wilbur, Kiril, Wu Kong, Tibertus, and Hansel, and you’re going to be contributing a lot to titans and wars—all at a fraction of the cost of leveling up a single 5* rainbow team.

And having 5* doesn’t automatically make a hero good. Here’s the bottom of the barrel:
25%20PM
Seven of 15 are 5* heroes! The only theme here is that there are no bad red heroes.

6 Likes

Hey Anchor got a quick question for you I am a pretty serious player in a not so serious alliance and I just pulled Aegir and was excited until I saw an entire post bashing him relentlessly. Is he really that bad? My other hero’s are Zeline, Gravemaker, Deliah and Sartana. Would he be a good center tank for that team? I am always in diamond area on raids but have never been higher than 300 or so globally. Thanks for your sage wisdom :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@theStranger, I can recommend you this video, made by Anchor himself.

Aegir is actually pretty great hero, I pulled him too and will max him happily. :slight_smile:

6 Likes