(Guide) Anchor's Complete Guide to Hero Grades

@Xero786 @Anchor @TheChef I had a chance to look at the hero grading more and after watching some recent videos on Hel, it seems like you have her ranked too high. Maybe her Titan ranking is accurate but the Raid and Farm scores need to be lowered

2 Likes

I think you just need to see better videos of Hel :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They finally arrived :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome!

One big question that Wharflord would have to answer: why Kailani < Gunnar? I thought all this time that Kailani was actually the better spirit link user. Better HP and slightly better Attack iirc

EDIT to clarify: both have C grades overall, that I understand. But just curious why some of Gunnarā€™s grades are slightly higher in the same areas as Kailiniā€™s. I was expecting the opposite.

@Wharflord can address the subtleties, but at a high level, itā€™s because Gunnar is ā€œtankier.ā€ Look at the stats:

• Kailani: 429 / 453 / 729
  • Gunnar: 387 / 533 / 656

To a good first approximation, you can calculate ā€œTankinessā€ as 2*Def + HP. Using this score:

• Kailani tank score: 1,635
  • Gunnar tank score: 1,722

Simply put, Gunnarā€™s +80 Def more than offsets his -73 HP in terms of survivability.

5 Likes

Drake Fong has been added, some minor calibrations have been put on it as well

5 Likes

@Anchor

Thank you very much for all the work that you do to help the community :hugs:

4 Likes

Am I missing something? How come Jack Oā€™Hare is B on Titan Tile damage and LJ is A+ when Jack has higher attack?

Not sure why Drakeā€™s stamina is lower than Gregorionā€™s, while Drakeā€™s stats are slightly better in defense and HP.

What do you guys make of the Boss Wolf update? Is he better than a rank C now?

1 Like

Why did Drake got modified with a B?
I would like to hear your experience with him
Thanks

From Anchorā€™s latest youtube stream, it seems the grading is mostly based on a comparison with Joon. Anchor finds Joon better on titans (thatā€™s quite clear since Joon hits harder, and his blind is stronger and lasts longer), and offensive raids (more debatable), so Joon gets an A, while Drake gets a B. And Drake is better on defense than Joon, so Drake gets an A while Joon gets a B. So on average Joon gets an A while Drake gets an B.

Reference:

I personally think that if you expand the comparison, Drake is closer to an A than to a B, but Anchor knows better than me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And here we see the limitation of using only 4 categories (A+, A, B, and C). Is Drake a ā€œlow Aā€ or ā€œhigh Bā€? Something in there, in any case.

This reminds me of a philosophy prof I had in college who didnā€™t believe in numeric grading of papers, but had distinct opinions on a finely graduated scale of:
A+
A(+)
A
A(-)
A-
A-/B+
B+/A-
B+
etc.

Iā€™m just as happy that Anchor et al. didnā€™t start going down this tortured route!

2 Likes

Great job i totaly agree with the change in grading. I have both and chose joon on every ocasian other then defemce. However on offensive raids i tend to use Delilah a little more then joon.

1 Like

Drake is a low A. On the cusp.

I have kept my grades the same as Titans. There may be a change in the future. Moral of the story. Level
up either Joon or Drake.

2 Likes

Hey Anchor quick question for you. I am a somewhat serious player who currently has a fully ascended Deliah, Gravemaker, and Zeline. But my other 5 stars are Marjiana, Azlar, Joon, Drake, Boss Wolf, Quintus, Horgal and Thorne. I have the stuff to ascend a blue and purple to full but are my options worth it or should I wait hoping my 2 training camps eventually give me a better blue and purple? Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to you grading the Atlantis heroes. We appreciate everything you do.

8 Likes

Is it possible to publish the spreadsheet with the headers at the top locked? Just wondering, it would be easier to read the stats for what those grades are for instead of having to scroll up to check.

5 Likes

This would definitely be a game changer

1 Like

Quintus is on the edge. If you get 5* heroes rarely, heā€™s good enough. Thorne is not worth ascending, IMO.