(Guide) Anchor's Complete Guide to Hero Grades

I think of the grading system less like an objective grade you might see in school (sometimes, if your lucky) and much more like a subjective “Good, Better, Best”, system. For something already a “Best” a plus is kind of meaningless, but there are heroes that you might think are better than just good, but not up to the standards of best…for that a plus is nice indication of that,

1 Like

I was actually a member of the " original 25 " a while ago and then I wasn’t playing as much. I’ll have to revisit TM as a guest tonight and utilize the many advanced features that I’ve missed. Thanks for the reminder! Free is for me :grin:

1 Like

Is he a “best”?

I mean just how many “bests” are there in any given grade category?

HOLY CRAP :astonished: to say the TM page has improved a lot would be a great understatement! It’s like a big concert of everything a player could and would need to know!
Awesome work @Razor et company!

4 Likes

Typically in a situation like this you aren’t talking “there can be only one” best, you are talking “which of these provide the most utility”.

I don’t have JW, so I can’t comment on that grade. I have faced him and to the degree that you tend to put you less durable heroes in the wing he really can be a pain. And hits hard. I would have to do more than face him the few times I have to have a strong opinion.

1 Like

I do not agree with the criteria the current days…
But at the time it was made it was quite accurate…
If you read the base the why and how it was made you would understand it and it’s use…
Besides it has a lot os information… Not just the grades…
It’s a nice well done work no need to be so offended and offensive…

2 Likes

Heads up everyone. All 5* and 4* heroes have been regraded. @Razor 's tool references the grades directly from the site below.

All grades can be accessed for free, always have and always will be free at:

www.AnchorGamed.com/Grades

13 Likes

Hi @Anchor welcome back.

Zimkitha is now an A!! :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure who to address this to, but I think there is a small error in the guide. I see that under “Titans”, Guinevere has an A for tiles which I’m guessing is meant to be a C like Marjana (who has the same attack stat and therefore tile damage).

That’s the man - @Anchor

Maybe they simply have a different view on the matter? The heroes were graded by 20+ people after all.

AFAIK different heroes are measured differently, for example Little John i Titan Tile B while Scarlett is A despite them having similar tile damage.

I found that if you rotate your phone, you can view more.

1 Like

It’s true! I forget I leave my phone locked in portrait most of the time.

Thanks for replying, even a year later :wink:

I was actually hoping to be able to shrink the screen a little to see more. Alas, my phone has other ideas. :grin:

Something I keep in mind when I look at Anchor’s grades is that he has every hero whereas I’m essentially FTP. I’ve been thinking of giving emblems to Tarlak over Joon (if I ever get Joon) since he’s probably changed my game more than any other hero. I’ve heard critics say his heal is insignificant but he was my first 5 star and 324 was a huge amount of healing when I had him and four 3 stars on my team. On the other hand I’m probably biased by the good times we had together in the past. According to Anchor’s new grades Tarlak’s only rated A for Titans and B for everything else. I never come up against Tarlak in wars or raid tournaments so he may be right but I assumed that was down to his rarity. I think Anchor would say Kunchen or some other hero does the same job and does it better but I don’t and probably never will have Kunchen. I think people should keep that in mind and not consider Anchor’s grades gospel.

3 Likes

Tarlak is solid in pvp offense
Just sucks at defense

Pair him with a 2nd healer in offense and just ride that attack buff for tiles

That bein said, he’s not a hero i would sink a lot of emblems in since that’s just not the way our team is goin about emblems

We go heavy on our defenses then spread the rest out on our most used heroes in offense

This is 100% correct though

The grades are opinion based and not based on synergy or the roster of an individual or even an individual’s playstyle(rainbow, 3-2, mono, etc) unless something magically changed with the grading2.0 version but doubtful

To me they’ve never been anything but a discussion piece.

Want advice, find a teammate or other experienced knowledgeable player you trust and see what they think via 1on1 discussions, teamwide discussions, or even asking for advice on this forum is more helpful for an individual than blindly leveling or maxing or embleming based on general advice from someone else that may not apply to u

3 Likes

Hi, @Anchor & @Avicious , first of all, thank you for the new grade system.

I have a question regarding the new hero grade:

Currently, due to introduction of costume, some of classic heroes have three forms:

• No costume (no stat bonuses)
  • Costume Unequipped (with stat bonuses)
  • Costume Equipped (with stat bonuses and class/skill changes)

However in the grade, there is only two, for example, Elena, there is a Fighter Elena and Rogue Elena.

I understand that the Rogue Elena is the Elena with costume equipped, so she has costume stat bonuses. But what about the Fighter Elena?

Is she the one with no costume (no stat bonuses) or the one with costume unequipped (with stat bonuses)?

If she is with no costume, what about the grade for costume unequipped and vice versa? Is it the same?

Thanks in advance.

This is really great, Thanks.

Does anybody else get a dead link when trying to access the Grading?

There is a new link…

Oh, thanks where can I get it? In Anchor’s site the link is still the one that doesn’t work…

Try to access the website again and click: “This Link will work” near the bottom

https://anchorgamed.com/grades

1 Like