GUI for Restricted Classes & Costumes is misleading - "Hero Costume is Allowed"

Hey @KahlanAmnell;

As others said the logic is because the original is considered a costume… Just the default costume or skin.

It has been raised before (hence the merge) and a couple suggestions made to the Devs but ultimately nothing changed :frowning:

1 Like

Well … now we can all picture the heroes in their pjs trying to figure out which “costume” to wear.
In all seriousness- I still think it’s misleading and should be adjusted.

I think it would be useful to be able to change the hero’s costume directly on the trial team selection page. Maybe something like the character is grayed out “Another costume is permitted for this quest” and a orange button is on the hero “Change Costume”.

You can.

Tap the “?” On the hero you want to change the costume of.

Then change it (per normal) then hit apply and it’s all done.

I show how to do it in this video:

1 Like

Thanks. I went back to the hero tab to change it, which was way too much work…

Isarnia costume is not allowed in trails of decimation quest but the message displayed “Hero costume is allowed “ instead of hero costume is not allowed.

See above (merged thread) @Dessertrose

2 Likes

Ok Thanks :blush: 20 character

Small issue here but in the current trials, when picking your team it will say hero costume is allowed but the original version is the one that is allowed. This time it was melendor and lianna.

It’s probably because both “normal” version and “costume” are both costumes as it was already discussed here:

2 Likes

On June 22 at 1117am EST. During Trial of Shadows.

Had Skittleskull in as team member but would not show up in team with costume though it says costume is available.

The Trials of Shadows only allows rogues and sorcerers. Skittleskull costume is cleric class, so her costumed version won’t be available for this Trial. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

When it says “Hero costume is allowed” it just means that one of the versions can be used for this Trial, which is the costume bonus version without the costume in this case.

1 Like

You should be able to tap on the little question mark in the upper right corner of her card, bringing up her card and allowing you to flip her back to sorcerer class. Or you could probably just go to the normal roster screen, flip her out of costume, then come back to this screen and be able to select her. If neither of those works, tag me back.

1 Like

“Hero costume is allowed!” means that the other version of Skittleskull is available to use.

It’s confusing since that phrase is displayed on top of the costumed Skittleskull and it looks like is telling you that you can use costumed Skittleskull.

But the truth is that the message is telling you that you can switch to the other version of Skittleskull (Customed → Not customed) to play with her in this trail.

1 Like

It is the Bog Witch costume (original costume/non-costumed). We like to say non-costumed while it actually is original costume.

I cant use costume heros in emblem Quest and i see it cleary says Hero Costumed is Alowed!

You have to change them in to or out of their costume…

Note my Rigard when I equip his original costume

While doing the trials is says that costume hero Azar is allowed. As you can see in the pic - her costume is equipped but it would not let me add her to my team. If I removed the costume it allowed me to put in Azar.
(I’m not using her in this trial, but just noticed this discrepancy).

Costumes change the class of the hero. Survival is Rogue and Barbarian. With the Costume equipped, Azar’s class changes to Ranger, so not allowed.

I understand that - what confused me (as you can see in the screenshot) - it specifically says ‘costume hero allowed.’ Shouldn’t it say something different such as ‘regular hero allowed’ or something like that?