Guardians of Teltoc - Game play is joke

I’m not saying it cant cater to the beginners. We’re saying the same thing, just have two different approaches to it as usual.

For me I dont se why there cant be 4x categories for all walks of game-life.

• 5* heros / 4* troops
  • 4* heros / 3* troops
  • 3* heros / 2* troops
  • 2* heros / 1* troops

Besides, it has a beautiful symmetry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, beginners should not even enter…I lost lots of stuff and lost…so I think it is a trap for us beginners! It is sad, because we put lots of effort and money too. From now on I am just playing for fun and I will not invest any money anymore, I’ve learned my lesson the hard way…I like the game but it does not likes me!

1 Like

My beginner team (NO HEALERS):

Bane - Maxed
Nashgar - Maxed
Balthazar - 6/50
Berden - 5/49
Karil - Maxed

Arrows
Mana 60%
Bear Banners
Potent Healing

Focused on saving the Bear Banners till the bosses. Took out Panther, then Kong, then Owl. Waited until all heroes were charged, then hit them with the banner. Used arrows right after to protect during tile attacks. Ended up being pretty easy, Bane died right before Owl did but that was it.

My only real issue with beginner isn’t the difficulty of it, it is that for the amount of flags you are spending, the completion rewards are ridiculously inadequate. Red books you get pretty much everywhere, 1 flask , a daily token and a scroll…at least throw the beginners a bone and give them some sort of good ascension item for completing it.

Fair enough, but in all fairness I was able to finish beginner at the end of the event with 2 hours to spare, all my chests filled, and all my quests completed. So it’s not like I was wasting flags.

Loort, the few irems received at the end if each category in these 4 Events has been minimal. Getting Red flask at the end us just so you can continue the next category and have a chance to finish within the time limit. That’s not real loot but rather a mandatory item for game play. A mere troop token and easy to get low level ascension items isn’t a reward either. Many have connented that is is easier, quicker and fewer flags to get thise items from the map. Anyone playing the game a few months kniws that. Furthermore, my maxed 5* Hero comment was in regards to players who alwats win the REAL Rare Ascension items that are extremely meager and given to those few consistently.

To further make my case, I completed all 3 categories again. The rewards were marginally better at the end of the categories, but onlu received a 3 regular tokens again for my ranking.

Once again I completely disagree.

You don’t need the red flasks to ‘finish’ within the time limit. I don’t use them at all if I don’t want to try super hard to be competitive, and I also play the other quests that show up/farm normal map levels for recruits and materials. I easily complete the upper 2 tiers within 2 days, leaving 1+ more day leeway for others to do the same (because I probably play a bit more regularly throughout the day than most).

‘easy to get low level ascension items that are easier to get from the map with fewer flags’… you want to tell me where you get orbs/traptools/compass/warm capes from the map? I’m pretty sure I’ve played the map for 1000s of flags and never gotten those and I’ve played the game a lot more than a ‘few months’. Don’t post lies man, everyone who’s been playing for a few months knows that these events and the rare quests/rare chests are by far the easiest way for ascension materials.

The team of maxed 5*s needed to get the REAL rare ascension mats (whatever you mean with this, I assume only the top 10 spots - since you have the magic ability to farm the rare ascension materials like capes and orbs) is probably also not needed. I know I’ve been heavily competitive in the highest tier (for top 50), both entirely without maxed 5s as with only using 1 maxed 5.

The Intermediate & Advanced completion rewards are worth the price of admission. Anything past that is just gravy.

Agree with Loorts. If you looked at most of the top ten for advanced, a maxed team of 5 80s wasn’t present (unlike defense teams for single player cup rankings). The commonalities of the teams in the top ten that were visible were (8 visible teams out of top 10):

8 of 8 had attack buffer (6 BT, 2 Ares)
6 of 8 had Athena, other two had at least 1 ramming pulverizer (grimm/tib/gormek)

I know from internally with our team, many used the stacking guardians (panther falcon etc).

So much like titan damage, the most likely indicator of top ten’ing is having Athena.

The other commonality that isn’t seen is battle items - my guess is most of them used high end battle items like Tornados and/or Timestops. Basically if the bosses get to act even once or twice, you won’t get a top score.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s more or less what i deduct too.

What surprise me the most, is that i guess none of them used Wu kong.
Even if holy was the reflected element, i was sure they used him the same.

Intermediate used him extensively, but for advanced where you can tornado and timestop, other heroes killed quicker.

I think by ‘low level’ he means boots, chainmail, and scabbards, which can be farmed.