Guardian Kong worth of working on?

Hello everyone,
it is good option to work on Guardian Kong knowing that:

• He is (at this moment) my only Fire 5*
  • I have great Fire 4* maxed out and embled: Wilbur, Guardian Falcon and of course, BT
  • I am running TC20*2, so they may drop something useful (Marjana, Azlar, Elena).

Kong has pitiful defense (somehow common for all monkeys in this game) but high HP, so if emblemed towards HP+def (have no barbarian hero that is fully upgraded) he could make useful tank considering his halve damage from ice. Still, I am kinda new to the game so what do you think? Work or wait?

Hi Nightmare,

I got two G. Kongs in March and had levelled one of them as he was my only red hitter too.
I don’t regret. Yeah, his def is meh, but really solid HP and comparing to Elena or Azlar, he is average, so higher chance to fire. With 5 emblems, he is still a part of my def team (together with Kunchen, Poseidon, Alasie and Lianna), but I like him really on red raid stacks with Wilbur, Boldtusk and Falcon (all average). I am working on Ares now and really thinking about max. even second Kong. Ares flanked by two Kongs, it would be really interesting combo.
As I told, he is quite nice surprise for me, I know he is underestimated, but at 4/80, he is not a pushover at all.

3 Likes

He’s not a good tank imo. Better as a flank or wing, since his attack stat is the 3rd highest out of all red 5*s (behind Elena and Azlar).

Combined with Boldtusk, Wilbur, and Falcon, G. Kong looks like he’ll be great for your red offense teams though. So he looks like a great choice to level and max to me.

1 Like

Mom Kong Gravey Kong Tarlak
would let me reroll.

Ok, thanks.

Yeah, I was asking because the literally first answer on the first topic I found on this subject is that he is considered worst Red 5*. But truth is he gave me hard time combined with Falcon in Legendary Challenge event, so on offense he should be great, like you guys are saying. Thanks for answers.

2 Likes

I got him too this last teltoc and will eventually max him. Good offense is worth so much more than raid def! Kong will be brilliant for 3-2 and mono red :).

Yes! Work with what you have… wait for “better heroes” (they might never come) will just slow your progress down.

1 Like

I’d get him to 3/70 and see whatcha got then… both hero wise and mat wise.

2 Likes

Best advice there is. Future heroes are a consideration for future @Nightmare2048. Present @Nightmare2048 will be glad of the upgrade!

1 Like

If you got Wilbur then G. Kong is a beast. Because they got a lot of synergy. Wilbur increases team defenses and shares damage whilst decreasing enemy defenses and having them share damage. It is a good one two punch combo.

I started working on him when I had no 4* to work on, and parked him at 3.70. Was going to do a second Boldtusk, but then got materials for Kong’s last level, so he started going up again.

I put him on hold since I got Guardian Falcon, but Guardian Kong will get level maxed for me.

Watched this this the other day

2 Likes

Yes he is worth it.

Stacks with BT, Wilbur and Falcon very well.
High attack stats.

Not a good tank but makes decent flank/wing if you use a red tank.

Cookie Settings